348 or 328 a better choice?? | FerrariChat

348 or 328 a better choice??

Discussion in '348/355' started by slkret123, Oct 11, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. slkret123

slkret123 Rookie

May 28, 2014
    Oakland, MI, USA
    Full Name:
    Steve Kretschmer
    Hi all
    Years ago I had a 308 GTSI QV. I'm thinking of getting another 3XX car. I'm somewhat torn between a 328 GTS and a 348TS. Forgetting styling, are there any compelling technical details that says one or the other is a better choice. Also, I notice on Bring a Trailer, that the 328's seem to pull a higher price. That seems counter intuitive. Is there a reason for this? I'd like to stay with 3 pedal analog cars so the pricier F355 does not appeal to me.

Thanks

Steve

2. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Have you driven both? Only you will know the answer to the question of "which one is better". You are buying either model for yourself, not for other people, so buy the one that you like better.

Bertil likes this.
  3. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Well the 348 does have a newer more powerful engine newer design newer interior newer engine management arguably more modern looking. All things considered a 348 is likely the better car. That said you should get the one that appeals to you. Personally I like the mondial T which has the same engine and gearbox as a 348 and a slightly updated interior from the 328.

Sent using FerrariChat.com mobile app

steved033 likes this.
  4. pnicholasen

pnicholasen Formula 3

Jan 14, 2011
    South of Philly
    Full Name:
    Paul Nicholasen
    I could be way off base, but I would guess the 328 values are higher because it still has that beautiful curvy 308/Magnum PI styling, and timing belt service is done with the engine in the car. You also avoid the finicky climate control system.
    Having driven a 308 and a 348, I find the handling, suspension, and power, to be far superior on the 348. The interior is also more roomy and modern. You get ABS on the 348 ( I don't think the 328 has ABS, but I could be wrong on that). If you like the wind in your hair, you can get a real convertible. As for the styling, some like the side strakes, some do not.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

5. velocegiallo

velocegiallo Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2017
    California
    I had been searching for months for the right 328 and was determined to find a good one as prices kept climbing. One day I saw a pristine 348 at the local exotic independent repair shop. I had not seen a 348 in person in years and it looked so amazing. I contacted the owner and bought the car a short time later.

I believe both are very comparable in the driving experience (vintage and not fast). However, the 348 just seems more visually special. It's so wide in the rear and the side strakes and the engine cover with the slatted body work are so cool - a sight to behold.

It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up. :)

rob.kruiswijk, IvanRico and steved033 like this.
  6. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    The styling of the 328 (and its sister 308) has now entered the realm of classic cars. It is visually softer than the 348 and is attractive to many people. It is very common for older classic cars to command higher prices than newer cars of the same lineage.

The 348 does have more power if driving the car is what you set out to do.

7. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    348ts hands down. :)

8. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Well, you really can't. Choose which one you'll be happy to look at because no amount of mechanical difference will change that.

Ferrarium, Redsteed and MAD828 like this.