430 - Oil change every year? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

430 Oil change every year?

Discussion in '360/430' started by goto35march, Oct 5, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. craze

craze Formula 3

Mar 5, 2021
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Michael
    gearbox oil or f1 hydraulic fluid 3 yrs?

2. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    F1 fluid

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    if the filters held up better you could go many years if ur not driving lots of miles. i change my oil every 2 to 3 years as they are stored in temp controlled building and most of them don't see more than a couple hundred miles a year. SUVs and FF gets oil changed annually as they do 5k miles a year usually.

4. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I saw an interview on YouTube with Blackstone oil testing lab....the interviewer asked them straight up if you own a collector car that is driven less than 1000 miles per year, was it necessary to change it based on time, and do it annually...he said "no". Oil does not wear or deplete its additives just sitting.

Mario Andretti and Extreme1 like this.
  5. ifeelfree0

ifeelfree0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2014
    Medina, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dan
    My understanding is F1 fluid every 3 yrs. I do the gearbox every 2 yrs. Running my 575 3k miles yr.

6. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    I changed every fluid in my 360 in June 2021 and have driven it 300 miles since. There’s no good reason to replace that oil, or any other fluid in the car.

My daughter’s Alfa Romeo gives you the “oil change due” light at 10,000 miles. Now I’m extra cautious and do it at half that interval, but even at 5000 miles the oil is in great shape.

Mario Andretti likes this.
  7. Mario Andretti

Mario Andretti Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Aug 9, 2020
    Boston
    RE: oil sitting.

I read a lot about this online, including advice from "bob the oil guy" ... The school of thought seems to be that it is better to change the oil before winter when you put the car in storage. The reasoning is that there are contaminants building up in the oil from running, hence it is better to have fresh oil in the engine when sitting.

Also, never start it during winter, and use fuel stabilizer ? ( I have used some years, and did not some others, never felt a difference) . If oil is fresh enough, don't change it though.

Mine has been changed by the dealership (supposably) when I bought it in August... but I don't trust them that much, and I'll do an oil change before storage this year for sure.