AVEngineering/Trev360 - Stay away!!! | Page 5 | FerrariChat

AVEngineering/Trev360 - Stay away!!!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Mikercool, Oct 11, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. craze

craze Formula 3

Mar 5, 2021
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I used to modify cars a lot, and i mean a lot! One thing i learnt is the more you stuff with it, the more problems you will have, i simply cannot tolerate it anymore.
    I bought a ferrari because from factory it is pretty awesome out of the box, short of buying a full blown race car (and i dont really like tracking cars anyway).

Sorry to see the details of the thread, but i can see both sides and ive been in similar situations, custom work means lots of problems along the way.

43ss, technom3, Bas and 2 others like this.
  2. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Wow, a lot of nut-hugging going on in this thread. I was going to stay out but screw it.

Personally, I would feel rather uncomfortable having someone do that amount of work for me without at least taking some sort of deposit. I would want some kind of retribution beyond just being able to come on internet forums and blast the service provider. Furthermore, I surely wouldn't embark on a journey of that magnitude (I've been following Michael's work on the fb pages) without having SOME sort of paid agreement beyond just texts and suggestions. To put that much into a comparably rare engine like this (it ain't an LS1, y'all), with the risk of not even being able to run it would scare the daylights out of me. I cannot believe that no money has been exchanged at this point.

My main concern, is let's not make an effort to piss off the vendors in this arena. We've already had a situation where someone made a passing stupid comment on one of the fb pages and the vendor now refuses to sell some of his products outside of his shop. This isn't a "screw Walmart, I'll go to Target" situation. We don't have a whole lot of options here. Social media is a great tool when used correctly, but boy, can it backfire. We have 2 parties that are both very talented, and obviously both of them can greatly benefit from the others' work, tearing each other apart on a message forum.

I personally am looking forward to sending my ECU's to Trev's buddy stateside(I have 2 blanks just sitting in a box just waiting for my lazy ass to get back to working on my car that's sat untouched for months), but you'll be damn sure I'll be sending the $$ with them to make sure I get what I already paid for. Everything I have ever gotten for free has been worth less than the price.

VAF84, Norseman, EastMemphis and 3 others like this.
  3. Island Guy

Island Guy Karting

Feb 20, 2020
    Full Name:
    Island Guy
    And of course, when things turn to poop and he doesn't get what he wants, he takes it public....Simply pathetic, but expected these days!

tbakowsky likes this.
  4. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    It is very easy to go down the slippery slope of car mods. Only after we have screwed up do we learn how hard it really is to engineer all the compromises the OEM do to bring our cars to market with amazing reliability and pass smog etc.. Mods, especially excessive mods, have to be engineered as a package. If you put 1000hp through a trans designed for 500 bad things happen. After a while you learn it is always better, cheaper, easier to just buy a more advanced factory car. But...where is the fun in that?

5. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I guess not getting anything is sort of like not getting what you want;)

6. Mimmo Blue

Mimmo Blue Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2018
    Stoney Creek, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Dom
    I don't see where this says to bolt the TB directly to the intake. It mentions modifying the intake so you don't use a silicon reducer, but doesn't mention eliminating the larger diameter silicon tube.
    Also this seems like a statement of what could be done to improve performance. I don't see it as Trev convincing you to do this.

7. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    I know the OP and have been following his build. Since his cam variator snapped he's been snickering at all the crappy Ferrari engineering trying to build it better than they can. I like Op, he's a good guy.. but like the Monaro that he was modding and sold unfinished, I worry about this this car ending up like that too. Getting a modification to work right is always the hard part with the engine management system.

I want to say that there is a shop in florida that might be able to help with the tune. That.. and maybe put an original intake on for now and enjoy it.

And stop beating on it! It'll last longer.. :)

8. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Oh how I love when posters that never contribute to the site log on just to blast someone then just go right back to never contributing to the site. This stupid thread needs to be locked.