People taking selfies in front of your Ferrari | Page 3 | FerrariChat

People taking selfies in front of your Ferrari

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by SVanDyck, Oct 8, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kent Adams

Kent Adams Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 11, 2020
    "So you drive your Ferrari up to the gas station to hang out, eat fried chicken, and play video poker."

I have never done this. I looked at the OP's signature header to see if I could figure out where he was from because this is sounding like the most Texas story I've ever heard. Yep, right there in the body of the post, Texas. Hanging out at a gas station, eating gas station chicken and playing video poker, it doesn't get anymore Texan than that.

2. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
  3. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Unless OP is spinning a tall tale for trolling!

4. Kent Dellenbusch

Kent Dellenbusch Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 7, 2008
    Upland, CA
    Full Name:
    Kent Dellenbusch
    A young boy (10 or 12 ish) and his mother had been walking by the house and my garage door was open. He had seen the 308 GTB and said it was so cool. Mom said " boys and cars". I invited them to come into the garage and for the young man to sit in the driver's seat. I opened and closed the door, smiled, and said "you're a natural fit". The smile on his face made my day, it still does. The 308 is gone now and replaced by a 328 GTS. I'll always invite young people with a sparkle in their eye to have a seat. I had that sparkle at one time, a long time ago, as well. This is not to say I do not worry about it when it's not in eyesight. We just park conveniently close to foot traffic or ends of parking lots/lines. I completely understand your feelings.

5. patwa98

patwa98 Rookie

Aug 8, 2015
    Adelaide South Australia
    Full Name:
    Waine
    I got pulled over by a solo cop recently and he says, "Nice car ( my 360 Modena) I dont want to ruin your day I'll just run a licence check, do we know you ? " After explaining it had been a long time since I had the privilege of a chat with the law, he did his check and returned, asking " mind if I get a selfie with your car, goes over well back at the station." Sure, I said and he let me off a speeding fine. Seems it's not just the kids who are keen for a picture.

6. Kent Dellenbusch

Kent Dellenbusch Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 7, 2008
    Upland, CA
    Full Name:
    Kent Dellenbusch
    HILARIOUS!!

7. Rick Weston

Rick Weston Karting

Mar 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    Richard Weston
    Hey Joe...channel some Jimi Hendrix on that one...I'm pretty sure when you get your Ferrari duds and roll on down to the chicken place and check out the babe you will have more attention that ever. I'm pretty sure the high school bros' will want their pic taken with you and your Mondial...to post on social media.
    Is this April 1st??

Texas Forever likes this.
  8. Michael Ortega

Jun 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Michael Ortega
    Here’s one for the books. This past weekend our local Ferrari Club participated in a Ferrari show at a shopping center. It was part of their weekend festival. My red 458 got a lot of attention and as always I let certain people sit in the car. A lady was taking pictures of people standing next to my car. She even took one of me next to the car. I thought she might be with the marketing team for the center. Turns out the she was passing out cards to purchase the pictures and using my car as her prop. She even handed me a card to buy a photo in front of my own Ferrrai.

9. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    Did you hand her your contact information for your cut of her photo shoot profits?

Nafiz Ali Khan and AD211 like this.
  10. Michael Ortega

Jun 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Michael Ortega
    I didn’t really take notice of what the card said until I left. I really don’t.care. Just thought it was a little ballsy.

11. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Very common now to take pix and then hand out a card with a link to where you can order prints, but usually you see it at weddings where the photographer passes out cards with the web address to order photos, not car shows where your car gets to be a prop. I haven't seen them going around taking pictures of owners with their cars, but I've seen guys at driver days at the track, but this is a new one, and yes, pretty damn ballsy, but hey, everyone's gotta make a living, right?

D

12. sltillim

sltillim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2009
    San Diego
    you left out the brushguards ... What I like is how even though some of us see through our new friend's ruse, others might or don't and are just being kind. Probably seeing this as one of those Ted Lasso moments in my life.

13. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    ...or his new regalia (clothing)!

Perhaps Joe and his Mondial is a figment...........

14. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Sounds like Mondial Joe won't have too long to enjoy his car if he keeps to that diet...

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

15. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    This post is RedNeck-approved. I will be drinking a Keystone in your honor tonight.

Julia, 19633500GT and dm_n_stuff like this.
  16. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    All that attention for a ….Mondial???

Huh??

chicken and video games. LOL!!

funniest “story” I have ever read on Fchat

17. clean512

clean512 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2010
    Full Name:
    Josh @jtcarprojects
    Getting gas in the 360 and a family passing thur with a trailer Getting gas. " hey that a good looking car can I take a pic" I said sure then I was you want to sit in it . Made the guys day.
    Its the little things that Matter

18. Fiveohfour

Fiveohfour Rookie

Oct 15, 2021
    Full Name:
    Fee
    Personally I use my Boston Dynamics robot dog to guard the vehicles while I’m inside. The best thing about Boston Dynamics being bought from Google is they’re now focusing less on military and more on commercial so you can buy a killer robot and have it customized to whatever your needs are. The extra modules are expensive, $20k for an additional camera module for example. But at the end of the day what is your peace of mind worth?

19. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John

WJHMH, 308 milano, wax and 1 other person like this.
  20. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Is this the weenie thread? Damn, I'm getting hungry. When is this happening?

21. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    energy88 and wax like this.
  22. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
  23. ddrewesusa

ddrewesusa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2021
    92,955,807 miles from the sun
    Full Name:
    Don Drewes
    Holy crap. I have calculated that you have been on Ferrari Chat for 5774 days (12/2005 to today) and have 87,198 post which comes to 15.1 posts every, single, day, including holidays!! Now that is commitment!!

24. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    What can I say............I have nothing better to do with my life. :p

BOKE, Kent Dellenbusch and ddrewesusa like this.
  25. Julia

Julia F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 22, 2014
    Houston
    I didn't get my Ferrari until shortly after my Mom had passed. But she wouldn't have appreciated it anyway. She wasn't much of a car girl.