F8 - Novitec Springs / Vossen Wheels [installed] | FerrariChat

F8 Novitec Springs / Vossen Wheels [installed]

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by releod, Aug 7, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. releod

releod Rookie

Feb 14, 2021
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Adam D
    Hey!

Been a life long Ferrari lover and finally was able to get into one earlier this spring. I traded/sold my GT3 RS to make the move into the F cars family. Have had many Porsche over the years, GTS, GT3, GT3 RS, and put thousands and thousands of miles on them all, through the Rocky Mountains in Canada and back into Ontario, a ton of track days too.

I absolutely love the F8, love the styling, the handling, power delivery. It's definitely more comfortable to drive around the city than the GT3 / GT3 RS were, but getting it out into some empty country roads is unreal how it eats up the pavement. yum.

Toronto is full of low quality roads, and lots and lots of traffic, good driving happens out of the city. Depending on the day that may be an additional 45 minutes onto the trip, not fun for just wanting to get out for a drive for an hour or so. For me the F8 has made some of the city driving aspects more enjoyable than in the GT3 RS.

Anyways.. I recently installed Novitec springs and 21/22" Vossen wheels. Photos below, I love the updated look and stance of the vehicle. IMO Ferrari should have launched it this way. Wheels actually fit the wells (front may need to come up 8mm or so).

In case you were wondering why I wrote everything above, because I wanted to illustrate the difference between the stock suspension and Novitec springs. The ride quality is equal with the new springs, there is absolutely less travel so pay a little extra attention to the larger bumps, and speed bumps, turn into parking areas on a decent angle to avoid the scrape noise. Otherwise, I recommend this setup, going with the larger wheels and the lowered springs almost cancels out the height difference. Like I said, front end is a TOUCH lower now.

I still think the F8 with this aftermarket setup is more comfortable than GT3 / GT3 RS (incase you wanted comparison).

Here are some photos, I am beyond proud of accomplishing this goal in my life, pinch myself often to make sure it's real. Thanks for reading. Hope you enjoy!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Hunter911

Hunter911 Karting

Mar 8, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Congrats – looks amazing! Since we’re both driving the same roads, have you had any issues bottoming out or scraping the rear diffuser fins? I lowered my F8 on Novitec springs (on stock 20" wheels) – I have no issues scraping the front (very rarely need the suspension lifter that I have), but I’ve scraped the rear diffuser fins a few times and have to be careful bottoming out on compressions on the highway.

Either way, your car looks fantastic – enjoy!

3. releod

releod Rookie

Feb 14, 2021
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Adam D
    There is one nasty speed bump near my place (the type that is bolted into the cement laneways vs shaped out of cement), when the car has 2 people in it, the very first time I know it barely rubbed, but now I just keep it in RACE mode and Bumpy Road off, to keep it as stiff as possible, no issue there anymore. I suppose the good thing about those bumps is they are hard rubber vs cement. Less likely to scrape and scratch.

Compression on the highway.. yup.. you must have hit that area on the 404 north of the 401 where the scraped sub-road turns into fresh pavement? Huge bump, should be marked. Otherwise, I am in the east end so I usually head out of the city via DVP / 404 North and into farm land as quickly as possible. Usually good out there, except for train tracks. I am used to the suspension travel like this when I had the GT3 RS.

I am usually at Rclub once a week or so, we should get both F8s out there :D

Thank you!

4. Hunter911

Hunter911 Karting

Mar 8, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Yes, I know where you mean on the 404. There are a few nasty compressions on the 401 west of the city as well. I live right downtown so scraping the fins exiting driveways is my biggest issue. Honestly, no regrets lowering my car though - it looks & rides amazing, just need to be a bit careful. I daily a 991.2 GT3 and never have issues with that car on the same roads.

Hope to see you around sometime!

releod likes this.
  5. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Your car looks absolutely awesome! I fully agree they should come this way, or at least as an option. Love the wheels, too.

For Florida, this looks like great look for my incoming Spider. For the roads I also run in the mountains of NC, I’m reasonably certain it’s sitting a bit too low. ButI have the 458 for that, and it’s plenty of car for that type of driving.

With regard to the 21/22” combo, I have no idea whether there’d be any unintended handling consequence under stress.

GT2goneF and releod like this.
  6. releod

releod Rookie

Feb 14, 2021
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Adam D
    I'll have it out for some HPDE in the next week or so, and will report back. I don't have track days with this F8 in stock setup so won't know how it compares, but will see how it handles regardless. Hopefully great still :)

7. Nsd991

Nsd991 Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2012
    Congratulations. Once you’ve owned a Porsche GT car, every subsequent car you buy needs to be lowered :)

releod likes this.
  8. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Looks good… I want an F8 someday and I came from a 2018 GT3 and many Porsche’s and track events. I did Novitec springs and HRE wheels on my 488 but went a different direct than you in size. Any interior shots?

releod likes this.
  9. Depreciating Asset

Depreciating Asset Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2019
    Cary, NC
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Your car looks great! IMHO the stance is dramatically improved by the wheels and lowering. I just installed 22/21 wheels, and have the springs. Hoping to complete the install in a few days.

releod likes this.
  10. releod

releod Rookie

Feb 14, 2021
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Adam D
    not of any quality. I’ll grab some and post.

mdrums likes this.
  11. Trochlea

Trochlea Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2015
    What tire sizes did you go with for the 20/21 setup?

12. emmholla

emmholla Karting

Dec 15, 2018
    Beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

releod likes this.
  13. Horsin'around

Horsin'around Karting

Jun 14, 2017
    This looks incredible!

How does it work with the lifter? Any pics of the front with the lifter on?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. releod

releod Rookie

Feb 14, 2021
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Adam D
    Michelin PS4S

rears: 335/25R22
    fronts: 255/30R21

They are a touch more stretched than I would like. Always going back to this, but the block tire look on the GT3 RS rear wheel is just perfection.

15. releod

releod Rookie

Feb 14, 2021
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Adam D

No lifter on this one, recommend it though. Novitec also has a lifter you can retrofit if the OEM one was not spec'd. Gunna be pricey though.

16. nimamd

nimamd Karting

Mar 25, 2016
    I live in Toronto too. Could you please advise where I can purchase/install Novitec exhaust/parts in the GTA area?

17. releod

releod Rookie

Feb 14, 2021
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Adam D
    Piero at Pfaff Tuning is who you are looking for.

18. nimamd

nimamd Karting

Mar 25, 2016
    Great! Many thanks!

19. Bryan S

Bryan S Karting

Apr 22, 2021
    Bend Oregon
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    Do you any pictures of 22/21 wheels without the lowered springs? Thanks

20. Divexxtreme