New Roma build. Must have options? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

New Roma build. Must have options?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Deezwho, Oct 7, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Florida Joe

Florida Joe Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    South Florida
  2. godwinlee1800

godwinlee1800 Rookie

Jun 25, 2021
    Full Name:
    Godwin Lee
    Must have imo would be the magneride suspension. I would say also the CF steering wheel Other than that not much else. Exterior carbon lifts the car much more as the skirts, front lip and rear diffuser are finished in a rough moulded plastic. However, you can have these parts painted in a gloss black/dark grey after delivery and it will look just as good. In my opinion the standard wheel looks just as good as the optional one, which is a plus as well.

vcappp likes this.
  3. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    In regards to the LED wheel wrapped in leather, yes you can. The option code is LEDL, and I think the extra cost was like $800-900? I vastly prefer no carbon anywhere, so getting the wheel wrapped in leather is nice.

Here’s a picture of mine in my 812.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

I was originally thinking about getting a Roma, but opted for an 812. On the 812, the premium sound is a must in my opinion. The sound of the engine is great, but sometimes you want some music.

Overall, if it’s your first Ferrari, and you are ordering it, get what you absolutely want. Take your time, spec the car how you like it, ask your sales associate for the special options PDF for the car. At the end of the day, someone will buy your car when you decide to sell it. You are eating the depreciation no matter what, so get what you want.

sean9689 likes this.
  4. shaun1

shaun1 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    shaun
  5. ATLBond

ATLBond Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2021
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    SR
    love the way you have configured interior and exterior. I recently placed an order for PortoM - Ross’s Corsa, Bi-tone (black roof), with Cuio. Your advice on making my ride as elegantly stunning (looks wise) as yours will be highly appreciated. I am referring to colors, piping, stitching accents.

6. ATLBond

ATLBond Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2021
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    SR
    I am a first time Ferrari buyer too; how I wish I had the option between F8 and PortoM that I chose. I was late by 12 days from the cutoff. I’d have chosen F8 hands down in a heartbeat. Ferrari is a toy (for me) and I wanted the hardest core toy that my budget (350k about) can accommodate. BTW, I went to order a Roma and switched to PortoM. If u have not tried a PortoM, I’d encourage u to test drive one with top down and hear the engine in full symphony and nothing in between your ear and that orgasmic sound. You might change your mind like me. The beautiful analog tach, real buttons / knobs, aggressive angry front end, 8 speed faster / lighter / more torquey tranny from stradale are all bonus over Rina. One of my main turnoff was the Roma’s Haptic Touch controls - very Tesla like in a not so desirable way. Beauty and desire is in the eye of the beholder of course. No wrong choices with Ferrari I suppose.

7. 695

695 Formula Junior

Mar 19, 2021
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Chris
    'I went to buy a Ferrari Roma and came home with a 812' - :D

8. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    Pretty happy with the decision, and so was my sales rep! :D

695 likes this.
  9. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    Must have options? It sounds like you are already thinking resale.
    Friend just ordered a Portofino M. I asked what color and he said "red/tan".
    I just rolled my eyes.
    So the salesman talked you out of the F8?
    Why don't you just ask him to spec your car.

SeattleStew likes this.
  10. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    great info - im in the market for a ROMA - trying to decide my must have options as it will be a trade in vehicle or private sale - finding ill have to be patient - looks like 99% ROMA cars on the market are dealer cars - would like to find a private owner car.

Not sure of my color either......silver, dark blue seems to catch my eye more that red.

11. timjen88

timjen88 Karting

Aug 20, 2015
    Colorado/Palm Springs
    Check out Grigio Titanio if you get a chance, stunning.

Cigarzman likes this.
  12. Andrea65

Andrea65 Rookie

Dec 4, 2022
    Eastern Europe
    Full Name:
    Andrea
    I agree, I have seen one Grigio Titanio with red burgundy/black interior...amazing...

timjen88 likes this.
  13. Jonathan Knight

Oct 12, 2020
    UK
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Knight