Ferrari ROMA | Page 184 | FerrariChat

Ferrari ROMA

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ajr550, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    That’s what I keep telling her! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. Bei

Bei Rookie

Oct 1, 2021
    Los Angeles, CA
    Finally placed my order! I'm going for the Blu Roma exterior and a light interior with yellow piping, stitching, and logo.

For the interior, I'm debating between the Beige Leather or the Beige Alcantara. I really like the look shown in this video and I can't tell whether the lower cockpit is in Alcantara or leather. Can anyone tell?

3. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    marko.urbac, Albert-LP, Data and 4 others like this.
  4. Crom

Crom Karting

Aug 13, 2020
    USA
    Full Name:
    Crom
    Pause 2:34 - you can see it's Alcantara

5. vcappp

vcappp Rookie

Aug 25, 2021
    Which month of the year is Ferrari’s typical manufacturing year? When is the begining month of MY2022 model Roma? And when is the expected begining month of MY2023 model usually?

6. Bei

Bei Rookie

Oct 1, 2021
    Los Angeles, CA
    Good eyes! I'm going with the alcantara. Going to be a maintenance nightmare but I can't resist the look :)

7. dk3

dk3 Karting

Dec 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    D K
    Is anyone else having trouble with their MyFerrari app - it won't let me log in. I tried the usual, reset password, uninstall, restart etc. Perhaps this is their way of saying the Roma is delayed furthur? :(

8. gw32

gw32 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2017
    Sonoma, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I ordered a Roma in Oct. 2020. The dealer contacted be a couple of months ago requesting the increased deposit and I told him that I was no longer interested in the car. He said "don't worry about the increased deposit, we'll hold the car for you with your original deposit and when it comes in you can make a final decision and if you don't want it no problem we will give you your deposit back as the car has a good spec and would be easy to sell, maybe at more than MSRP". He even mentioned $30-50K over MSRP.

My question is can I monetize my purchase order position? If so, how do I go about doing so? I know I could buy the car (paying all cash is not an issue) but given the sales tax in Calif., I would not make anything on the deal, or at least enough to be worth the hassle. I was told to expect delivery early Q1, 2022. Any input appreciated.

vcappp likes this.
  9. dk3

dk3 Karting

Dec 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    D K
    What made you change your mind? Did you get another car?

10. gw32

gw32 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2017
    Sonoma, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Its complicated. Basically I have limited space (3 ac. & 4 car garage but I have lots of toys/hobbies). I have a Scud that I love to drive for about 1 1/2 hours but then I need to stop. I'm 68, 6'4'' & 245lbs. Because of the uncomfortableness issue, I don't drive it much and never more than 2 hour drives. I thought the Roma would be a great car for longer drives, and I'm sure it would be. But I was always not sure of selling the Scud. It provides a unique driving experience that I really appreciate. I traded my Porsche race car for it (and a lot of $$$).

So I decided that the best solution was to trade the wife's Porsche Boxster GTS for a 992 GTS Cabriolet and keep the Scud. I'm going upgrade the Scud with racing headers/exhaust, steel brake lines, new suspension bushings and a real stereo. So I have a 'race car for the street' and a fast convertible cruiser for longer drives. Hope that explains the decision.

I was able to only test drive the Roma twice for about 20 minutes each time. Seemed like a great car. The only issue apparent to me during these test drives were very limited rear tire grip and the infotainment system. I was also concerned with the warrantee issues many new owners have reported on FChat.

11. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Flipping your allocation is next to impossible. Flipping a car is easier but then you'll most likely be blacklisted. IMO the Roma's aren't trading enough over sticker for the process to be worth it. It would probably be more of a headache in the end. No such thing as an easy buck. I went through the same dilemma as you with our incoming Trackpack GT500. At the time I was so confident it could be flipped for 30-40K over MSRP because that's what the cars were listing for. In reality, "we" took delivery of it and it was shipped to other side of the country where we had a dealer buy it from us where we broke even before Ford knew what we were doing. In reality it was more of a headache than a worthwhile deal.

12. gw32

gw32 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2017
    Sonoma, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Thanks for the feedback. Not surprised and since I didn't order the Roma to flip it, no loss not being able to.

Boots likes this.
  13. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Glad to see that historical liveries match well in the glamorous lines of the Roma!

elmadi likes this.
  14. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Curious, does someone know then option cost in the US for Blue Roma paint? Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

15. Crom

Crom Karting

Aug 13, 2020
    USA
    Full Name:
    Crom

Blu Roma - SPECIAL COLOURS $12,487

elmadi likes this.
  16. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Thank you. I was going to order Blue Roma on my 812 GTS, however Ferrari wants $32k for that paint option on a GTS.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

elmadi and 008 like this.
  17. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
  18. vcappp

vcappp Rookie

Aug 25, 2021
    I have a quick question about the exterior color: Does "Grigio Titanio Metallizzato" have a little bit of blue hue? or not? Thanks.

@Crom

19. vcappp

vcappp Rookie

Aug 25, 2021
    Nero Daytona v.s. Grigio Titanio Metallizzato

Which color would be more suited well for Roma exterior design?