458 - Scuderia Audio 458 Stealth Amplifier Sneak Peek | Page 3 | FerrariChat

458 Scuderia Audio 458 Stealth Amplifier Sneak Peek

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by SoftwareDrone, Jun 25, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    More details for anyone who is interested. The power cable from the amplifier connects to the positive post of the battery via a small ring terminal. Standard stuff. For the ground cable, if you remove the passenger side kick panel, you'll see that the negative battery cable is bolted to the chassis with a large ring terminal. This is the perfect place to ground the amp. I should have taken a picture of this but it slipped my mind. The attached images in this post shows where to connect a wire for the amp turn on. Very easy.
    The last image is basically my update on getting the harnesses ready for the larger, DSP amplifier version. I'm putting in the order today for some amp shelf brackets for the DSP amp.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I've been working on SO many projects but finally had time to fully sort this one out.
    Now I can say I can offer a 100% plug and play DSP stealth amplifier kit for the Speciale. The amp mounts right above the battery, and the wires just plug right in.
    Every detail has been sorted out, from the correct lengths of the cables to the correct ring terminals and locations for the power, ground and amp turn on wires.
    You literally need two Allen wrenches and one Torx wrench to take the car apart, install this system, then put the car back together. The last Speciale I did took 30 minutes.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Ferrari addict and SVCalifornia like this.
  3. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    Does it work on Italia also or only speciale?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. pnd4pnd

pnd4pnd Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2021
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric Thune
    Unfortunately not.

5. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    For the 458/488/F8, I have developed some mini harnesses that bring the factory harness as close as possible to the custom harness.
    This video explains in more detail: https://youtu.be/B6dD9T-y4Oo

6. jordanfsl

jordanfsl Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Just curious, what is the difference between the 458 and Speciale in this case?

7. Banzairacer

Banzairacer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 24, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Sanjeev Thohan

I know it may be sacrilege, has anyone considered the kicker, etc lines of mini-amps some with DSP functions. it’s not quite audiophile quality but we are talking about 458/488 Ferrari's with substantive cabin noise.

8. pnd4pnd

pnd4pnd Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2021
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric Thune
    the connectors

9. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004