Apple Carplay | FerrariChat

Apple Carplay

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Rustyrenault, Oct 17, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rustyrenault

Rustyrenault Rookie

Oct 17, 2021
    TN223ED
    Full Name:
    Fred Parker
    Hi,

My Roma was delivered last week and so far so good with only a couple of niggles. The boot won't open on the remote and when I start the car up the display is totally blank apart from the rev counter.

Anyway, they can easily be resolved but I simply cannot get my iPhone to connect. The settings on the phone seem correct but the car will not connect to it.

Thank you!

2. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    You have Apple CarPlay optioned? The Roma I drove had a few dash bugs to it. I’d talk to your dealer about them.

3. Rustyrenault

Rustyrenault Rookie

Oct 17, 2021
    TN223ED
    Full Name:
    Fred Parker
    Thank you!

Yes. I will talk to the dealer as it is going back today with very low oil pressure!

4. SLViper1

SLViper1 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2014
    Nashville/Destin
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Dry sump oil system, lower oil pressure especially at low RPM is typical!
    Always good to be safe rather than sorry though!

5. Rustyrenault

Rustyrenault Rookie

Oct 17, 2021
    TN223ED
    Full Name:
    Fred Parker
    Well, this is curious!

When I stopped to check the oil I left the engine running and removed the dipstick, it was totally dry. This is how I check the oil in my 430. I looked in the Roma book and it said to stop the engine, undo the filler cap and leave it for 5 minutes to drain back to the bottom of the engine. I did as it requested and, hey presto, oil up to the top of the dipstick.

When it was cold, out of the garage today, it still showed 1.5 bar so it's gone back to the garage in Lyndhurst to be checked over.

Having driven it for over 1000 miles last weekend I have to say it is just beautiful but I wouldn't part with my 430, they are just so different!