NBA 2021-22 | FerrariChat

NBA 2021-22

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Gatorrari, Oct 17, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I haven't really supported an NBA team since the Sonics abandoned Seattle, but I like the way the Atlanta Hawks have been rebuilding their team, and I hope they can make some waves this year.

(I should point out that I'm a distant relative of the late Red Auerbach, but I never had any love for the Celtics.)

So who do all of you think will take the title this year?

2. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    My aggravation begins w nets now. Looked awful last night. No effort or hustle. One on one without team play other than harden forcing alley oops to claxton that cant work v yanis and lopez. Seems team still distracted by kyrie the kancer. My bet is he did this on purpose to get out playing 1st half season knowig mandates will end by all star break. Ugh ugh ugh

3. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I didn't watch much of the second game, but I can't see Melo addition helping the Lakers. I don't see them winning it. Suns I can't figure out. CP3 is older, but Booker is really good...hopefully it wasn't a one-time thing last season as I'd like to see them face the Warriors in the WCF. ECF it's probably Bucks taking it all the way...

4. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    Hey Guys, Haven't posted on the NBA stuff for a while. Watch out for the Warriors this year, So far the offensive team-ball movement looks like the days of B.KD (before KD), to be specific eerily similar to 2015-16. They definitely miss Klay (should have been included on 75th team) especially for his defense, but Jordan Poole seems to be picking up some of the offensive slack. Bjelica is wonderful addition that provides a big body that can run the offense and pass (Draymond like), and even shoot the 3. Having Iggy back and GP2 provides some needed defensive help (especially with the 2nd team rotation, but I am somewhat worried about the defensive abilities of the team, as I don't think they are up to the defensive standards of the great 2015-16 team. If Klay comes back by X-mas at 75%(which is superoptimistic), and the youngins develop somewhat as expected (Wiseman, Kuminga, and Moody), the Dubs will be a top 3 seed in the West. I urge you guys to watch the beautiful basketball that is "back in the bay!"

95spiderman likes this.
  5. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    How about coaches and players get back to dressing up for games? Why keep wearing covid sweats at this point? They're not working from home

6. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    Still early in the season, but GS is still playing amazing team ball, and after the performance last night at the Barclay’s center, Steph is now leading the MVP race. What is really strange about this GS Warriors team is that most of the time when Steph goes out of the game in the 3rd quarter to rest, the Dubs reserves have played lights out and usually increase the lead, even with the opposing teams Stars and starters still on the floor. This is how deep they are. This team can really play defense! And when Curry has a phenomenal night, like tonight, the other team can do nothing and watch the great show and see the game go out of hand. Like 2015-16, Steph rarely plays minutes in the 4th quarter. Last year Steph had to carry the team on his back to get them in playoff contention and always played big minutes into the 4th. This is what led him to the scoring title. Steph is actually shooting below his normal percentages this year, but the team around him has more than made up the difference. THIS TEAM WILL GET EVEN BETTER VERY SOON! Imagine when they get Wiseman back (a 7 footer that has the agility of a guard). Imagine when Klay returns to any semblance of his abilities as a spot jump shooter. Hopefully Kerr will be able to mesh them all together in combinations that will put them back into contender status…

7. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Very impressive win over nets. They are like pre kd gsw now.
    Not sure what to make of nets. They stunk same way start last year before harden trade. Would've won title last yr w/o both injuries happening. Maybe just need time to gel again. Maybe need kyrie. Ugh i can't stand him.

miketuason and butcher like this.
  8. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    I would say that if they eventually get Kyrie back and he is truly dialed in to basketball and not all the other BS, then the Nets would still be the favorite in coming out of the East. I was at the 2016 game 7 in the NBA finals, on the side of and in clear view of "the shot" that he made to take down "the best regular season team ever". That guy is a true killer and would make the Nets Crazy scary. I think it would be the best "dream" scenario for the NBA and the basketball world if the Warriors continue to play "Strength in Numbers" ball, play and defeat Lebron, AD and the Lakers in West conference Finals, then face the Nets in NBA finals with Kyrie and Klay back-teams at full strength-and legacies to be decided... That would be fun.

95spiderman likes this.
  9. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Did you also hear the Nets fans were rooting for the warriors and lots of them calling Curry MVP? I thought that was great.

10. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Yes. NYC not bonding w nets at all. Still 100% Knicks fans who hate nets.

Btw, kyrie simply does not like playing bball anymore. Who knows if he ever did. He will only be a distraction. I just knew he would be a team kancer.

11. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

GSW all the way, I been saying that in last years thread.
    Don’t want to count Lebron yet but seeing Leblame James struggles (basketball wise) makes me sort of happy.
    As I read recently players should be players and GM’s GMs. Westbrook is putting stats but playing like a dummy. Low Iq plays, disrespectful to the press… time for a change…
    And don’t get me started on lebron’s friends rich Paul who has been making a fool of this league with the attitude he pushed and praised for AD and now Ben Simmons. 2 clients of his.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShineKen likes this.
  12. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Lakers lost their chance when they brought on Westbrook. He is only good for stats, not winning a championship. He won't ever lead a team to a championship nor will he add any value as a role player in getting one.

13. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I don't watch regular season NBA, so I don't have a clue what's going on. Wake me up a week before the playoffs start :).

14. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    GSW is 15-2 now

15. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    This Knicks-Nets game is crazy. Over 15 lead changes...KD making it look too easy when he responds. Next up Warriors-Suns should be a great one, too.

16. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Great night for nba. So happy my nets beat hated knx. Even happier its only Nov bc nets have no chance v gsw or suns at this point. Who knows what happens in june

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  17. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Anyone else see the Lakers-Nets game? Harden hit Horton-Tucker in the nuts, then as the guys is on ground he does a crossover. After he shoots the 3 he then lands on the guy's hand. It was the most ridiculous slow motion video too...

18. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Yeah I saw it. Harden is still not right compared to last year but nets team defense is way ahead of where they were

Russ w is disaster. He tries so hard and can still rebound and pass but cant even hit layups anymore. Has to limit his game to only few shots per. Lakers are a mess

19. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Yeah, Westbrook is a complete mess. Him getting rejected by the rim when going for a dunk summed it up pretty much.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  20. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    kyrie looked pretty good other night. didnt miss a beat so at least he mustve been practicing on his own. i think this has been his intention from beginning. avoid the unimportant beginning season, start part time after new year, then wait for looser vax mandates in spring just in time for playoffs. if this is the version of harden we will have all year, then nets need kyrie to have any chance win it all. btw, so happy harden didnt sign long term contract. i would not max him out if this is all he can produce going forward.

21. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus

22. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Westbrick is starting to make a case for a tripple-double look like a liability.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  23. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    crazy trade harden for simmons in same division but will be lots fun to watch.

harden was really bad this season and cannot imagine him regaining form like he did last year after leaving houston. but if he was faking it all year to force a trade and can then turn it back on again in philie, he is biggest chump in sports history.

24. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Looks like Brooklyn was the winner in this trade with all the other things they got out of this deal.

95spiderman likes this.
  25. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Maybe,but short term I say philly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk