F8 - Where to keep a small pistol in an F8? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

F8 Where to keep a small pistol in an F8?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by m8000, Oct 12, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mickyd329

Mickyd329 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2019
    Orange County Socal
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Per my firearms instructor, 100% of the criminals are looking to prey on victims. 90% of the criminals flee when their intended victim fires back. For whatever it's worth, I tend to agree with that assessment

italiafan and Gh21631 like this.
  2. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3

May 30, 2006
    Most folks simply watch too many action movies or have a Bruce Willis fetish ;)

3. m8000

m8000 Karting

Mar 27, 2021
    Houston, TX
    I ONLY watch Fast & Furious movies and attempt to recreate a few sequences from one of the movies every time I drive.

4. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

In response to a few comments above, here's my position:

1) I refuse to be a victim
    2) I carry 24/7
    3) I am a proud US Army National Guard Veteran (11B) with considerable weapons experience
    4) I go to great lengths to avoid confrontations and known dangerous areas
    5) I train regularly and pray to God that I'm never forced to un-holster my weapon in anger​

1919A4, italiafan and AD211 like this.
  5. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

And to further clarify the use of the word "anger" in point #5, I would have to fear for my life before I would ever consider the use of a firearm.

6. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    Or a life of another?

Viperjoe likes this.
  7. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Yes, without a doubt.

Innovativethinker likes this.
  8. Plife

Plife Karting

Oct 6, 2021
    USA
    Full Name:
    Pete
    You guys are crazy, but i F’ing love it! Lol

9. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I used to be a weapons instructor, amongst others - my main speciality was tank commander, in the Army. Out of curiosity, which is your sidearm of choice?

10. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Multiple answers to that question. First would be the first weapon I ever fired in the military - the Colt Government Model 1911 .45 ACP. Not practical for concealed carry though - the Sig P365 serves that need quite nicely. I find the Sig M17 to be fairly concealable with winter attire. So 10+1 and 17+1 respectively. At 8+1 the 1911 is lacking capacity but not precision when properly sighted and in the hands of a skilled and properly trained individual. Arm braced 5.56 pistols are incredibly effectively especially when equipped with a quality optic (I like Eotech and Trijicon for different reasons). In a true tactical environment, my sidearm of choice would be the M17.

Nafiz Ali Khan likes this.
  11. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    #61 REALZEUS, Oct 23, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
    We all love the venerable .45'' pistol that Mr Browning designed back in 1911. It was my sidearm of choice, in the latter A1 configuration. I loved the single action trigger, its precision and of course the stopping power of the ACP FMJ round. Ours was 7+1 in the chamber (since it was the A1), but what a pistol; you only had to hit the target once, unlike the puny 9 mm Parabelum pistols that succeeded it. I also loved the Tokarev TT-30 7.62x25, when I fired it. It's like a 1911, turned to 11. Both projectiles are incredibly powerful, precise and they track straight and true even in longer distances.

Some of my ex-colleagues like the ubiquitous Glock family, but I dislike its 1 1/2 trigger action and lack of a physical safety. For tactical purposes I like the H&K USP, with its variable-configurable trigger action, preferably in .40 S&W or .45 ACP calibres. The Sigs are neither meat, nor fish for me. The Parabellum makes me feel a bit weak, like the 5.56 mm rifles; I much prefer the standard 7.62 NATO.

Hope we are not off topic.

Viperjoe likes this.