Car transport for next month - Nov. 2021 | FerrariChat

Car transport for next month - Nov. 2021

Discussion in 'Florida' started by rocketman, Oct 20, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    Looking for a reliable, affordable enclosed car transport company to move an SUV from NY to Miami in the middle of November 2021 ?
    Most larger well known companies are booked until after the New Year.

2. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    There is a broker in Ft. Worth whose name is Bob that I talked to about getting a car out of Florida this past Spring when my wife was ill (for other reasons, I ended up driving it myself). He has a very good pulse on the market and is easy to work with. I can't remember his last name but found this number in my phone which I think is him: 1-817-557-4130. A fellow FChatter member gave me the number and has used Bob a lot. You may want to mention FChat.

Hope this helps.

rocketman likes this.
  3. Vraiment

Vraiment F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2009
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Vraiment
    In the same boat. Need transport from two locations: PB, FL to SFO and NJ to SFO. All the big carriers seem to be booked 6-8 weeks out. Talked to too many brokers today. Beware. Lots of gaming going on in the transport brokerage world.

4. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    If you can't find a spot, use the Amtrak Autotrain that goes to Sanford, FL (north Orlando area) from Lorton, VA (south of DC). It's not door to door obviously and you have to be with the car in the train but it's an enclosed carrier and 17 hour train ride + the rest of the drive. I've used it a few times...I think they leave the drivers window open iirc in case you don't want that. It's only $300 surprisingly.

I used a broker to move from AZ to FL back in January. The driver they put car with was enclosed and filled with stuff like G 4x4, 488, X7M, etc, and used by dealers. Was $1,450 one way for 2k miles and I booked like a couple weeks in advance. https://www.365cartransport.com/

rocketman likes this.
  5. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    PLYCAR they make that route every week and have several enclosed carriers and a depot in the Fort Lauderdale area.... I have used them many times ///

rocketman likes this.
  6. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    We use them too but just know that they often load and reload your car during the trip. They also leave them outside of their FTL location while they rearrange all the cars into their storage “bubble”.

Not a big deal for us but if it’s something high dollar or rare that’s something you should know.

rocketman likes this.
  7. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    This is true in many cases.. although I have never had an issue with anything...

8. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    Do you tip the driver and if so how much ?

9. luvair

luvair Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    I had issue with Plycar with a high dollar car. I realize stuff happens, it’s how the owner responses to their errors.

I use Intercity, Thomas Sunday and Reliable over the years. Much is the driver too and placement in the trailer. I always tip at least $100. Give driver part of tip at pickup, rest at delivery. It’s grueling work.