Thoughts on 430 Scuderia?? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Thoughts on 430 Scuderia??

Discussion in '360/430' started by tryii, Feb 13, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Seamaster

Seamaster Rookie

May 18, 2009
    HOUSTON
    Full Name:
    CAPT. BIREN BOSE
    In Jan 2007 I was intent on buying a F430 manual. It wasn't a priority but I did fly around the country to test and scheck a few out. As things happen I ended up buying a 1995 Lamborghini Diablo VT, low miles, black on tan. It was the beginning of several beautiful exotic cars. Finally in Sept 2019 I did a full circle to end up looking at a manual F430 and hit my target bulls eye with an 08 430 Scuderia to complete the collection; Rosso with black and Ferrari OEM gold wheels. I can now retire

EnzoItaly, lewishou, LARRYH and 2 others like this.
  2. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I'm around these cars everyday. From old to the latest and greatest.

For me the f430 Scud is perhaps the best drivers car Ferrari has ever built to date. That said ANY F430 coupe is an amazing thing to drive. I have really warmed up to these. 458 is nice..but it is missing the "feel"we all crave from a sports car. The 430 has it..and they hit it on the head. For the owners.. you have the car. Hang on to it and be grateful.

3. henley1

henley1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    Lee
    I’ll be devil’s advocate... I had a scud. To me it felt forced. To the op I too thought hey I’m 40 and this is my jam. As it turned out it wasn’t coming from a long line of Porsches it felt to artificial..... now I haven’t thrown the towel yet, working on a 360cs but maybe that simply speaks to me cause I heard one leave a valet parking job I had when I was 25 and never forgot that noise.

4. Scottslaw

Scottslaw Formula Junior

I think that's a fair comment...the scud is definitely over the top in many ways, and is not for everyone. I had a friend that always wanted one come drive mine. He promptly left my house and went and bought a 458 LOL! It really depends on how you want to use the car. Long drives with the wife, twice a week to work, the occasional cross-country trip? I'd take the 458 every time! Or as part of a one sports car "fleet" where you could only have one "fun" car to squeeze in between the daily driver and the family hauler? Wouldn't choose a scud. Come to think of it, in all my social media and other outreach since I joined the ownership club, I can't think of any scud owners that don't have other sports car to enjoy as well. (Btw, I think that is what makes Porsche so special and popular....its usability, particularly if its the only sports car in the stable). But as part of a small collection where you want a different experience with each of your cars, I think a scud is absolutely PERFECT. Its a great contrast to pretty much EVERTHING ELSE OUT THERE. And that is one part of the scud that is totally undeniable: it is unique in its rawness and "extremeness." From the sound (second louded stock exhaust EVER tested by motor trend), to the interior, to the shifts, its all just turned up to 11 all of the time! Tell me about another high-end sports car that does 0-60 in the low 3 second range and comes from the factory without a stitch of carpeting!!!!! That's a level of hardcore that even the gt3 fanboys (like myself) have to admire! Its literally feels like gutted track cars that I have owned! And there will not likely be anything like it again (unless you are talking boutique, Caterham type offerings and the like).

5. ddrewesusa

ddrewesusa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2021
    92,955,807 miles from the sun
    Full Name:
    Don Drewes

Man, with this write up, I am going to put myself in the loony bin if I don't get to feel that. :)

Plainview likes this.
  6. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    I agree…. 60 ms SCT shifts are amazing.
    The only car dialed even more with the rawness is the Speciale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plainview likes this.
  7. Mario Andretti

Mario Andretti Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Aug 9, 2020
    Boston
    I like this thread, although it has been revived from a year ago... :)

8. GHG

GHG Formula 3

Jan 29, 2008
    Oengus and docapl like this.
  9. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Two parking spots.
    Dont be that guy. ;)

10. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    This is crazy....waited 11 years after signing up to make his first post.....and hasn't posted since.

Love the Diablo content of course....

11. Racerjohn

Racerjohn Rookie

May 29, 2018
    California
    I just sold a GT3 what a great car. Now I’m looking at the Scud or a GT3 RS if you could only have one to cover all the bases what is your pick?

12. DutchFerrari

DutchFerrari Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2022
    Bollenstreek - Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Jeroen
    The Ferrari, just because it appeals more to me than any 911 will ever do between the 2. My reason being: 911's you see everywhere (al be it a different trim level) but for me that kind of dulls the Porsche experience compared to the Ferrari experience. To me it just doesnt even feel half as special.

13. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Depends on usage and what Gen GT3…..if a 992, yeah GT3 easy. If 991.1, Scuderia

14. RoyalPink

RoyalPink Formula 3

Mar 18, 2019
    Southern Utah
    Full Name:
    John D.
    DeTomasoGTS74 and Oengus like this.
  15. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ

Scud by a mile!