F8 - Crazy Used F8 Price | FerrariChat

F8 Crazy Used F8 Price

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Whipcity76, Sep 2, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Whipcity76

Whipcity76 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2015
    Florida, USA
    Full Name:
    Hugh
    Has anyone seen the latest Classified from Naples Motorsports(Naples, FL)from yesterday? At the bottom of used car listings is a ‘21 F8 Spider. Car is the usual “arrest me red” with Nero interior. They’re asking $499,995. While I can understand basic Microeconomic Theory, would sure love to know what they are smoking. My Midwest Factory dealer just delivered a new F8 Spider at $360K. If a harbinger of what’s to come, “fasten your seatbelts” it’s gonna be a rough flight.

2. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Not sure I understand what the issue is? Do you know what the original msrp is? Do you know if it is an extremely high optioned car? You do know that used prices on the f8 are over msrp virtually everywhere? Used prices on almost every car brand is at record highs. Just take a look at a 1 year old Honda and see what the prices are. With that being said Naples usually over prices their cars but it gives them plenty of negotiating room.

3. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    And money is fungible in Naples and inventory low.

4. Whipcity76

Whipcity76 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2015
    Florida, USA
    Full Name:
    Hugh
    As far as I’m concerned, there’s no issue. Original MSRP not known but expect a comfortably optioned F8 Spider would’ve retailed between $340-$360K. Yes, I know about all used car prices now and how Naples as a domicile is like an over inflated tire. It makes sense that the locals there mark-up over $100K bounty for new models. Get hounded by them at least twice a month to let go of both of my ‘21’s. My only point of question is whether this a trend developing or just a flash in the frying pan. Regardless, good luck to the seller trying to replicate a replacement car of similar caliber.

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  5. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Anyone’s guess but my prediction is the bubble will burst in the next 12-18 months for a lot of the luxury goods market. However, if travel (vacations, fine dining, etc) is still restricted in 12-18 months than the bubble will keep growing. As long as people aren’t spending money on their usual lavish vacations or fancy meals they will have more money to spend on luxury goods. Just my .02 and not sure many predicted this market.

TWD3, D11, randkin and 5 others like this.
  6. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    I just saw an auction close on BAT for a 2005 Ford GT for over twice the MSRP. Even if the bubble bursts some cars will hold value driven by demand i.e well speced Specials.

D11, blkdiablo33 and Whipcity76 like this.
  7. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    they may be asking 70-100k over msrp, that's not that far fetched. Lot of cars out there with 70-100k+ over msrp, some a lot more. When 911 turbo's, gt3s, g63's even ford bronco's are getting 40-50k over, what do you expect?

8. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Look. If people don’t want to pay $50-100k over sticker they’re free to walk into any Ferrari dealership in the country, with or without purchase history, and buy any one of a dozen or so specd cars in inventory for MSRP at any time and without waiting a year or two for a build.

Oh, wait.

9. jordanfsl

jordanfsl Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Oh, I can add to that....good luck walking into a dealer and getting an F8 Spider build. Those order books are bursting full and there is no way the factory will have enough time to make them all before it's time for the 296. Obviously there will be some, but overall the ship has probably sailed on spec'ing your own new F8 S.

D11 and Whipcity76 like this.
  10. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    That's a long time from now. I have it penciled in S&P breaks 5k in a month or so and then goes under half that by first half 2022.

11. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    They always been high with their pricing and they typically hold the cars until they get what they want. If you are not in a hurry wait until the 296s start arriving next Spring, you should be able to do much better,

Whipcity76 and Thecadster like this.
  12. Whipcity76

Whipcity76 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2015
    Florida, USA
    Full Name:
    Hugh
    Appreciate everyone’s comments, very germane to the conversation. Agree the ship has probably sailed for new F8 orders to be booked. With the 296 on the horizon along with all variants imagined, existing owners and those getting an F8 S, enjoy the ride. It may well be the last of a generation as PHEV’s will take over in exchange for performance, emissions(?), and better gas mileage. Was given the same lecture about my 812GTS. Grateful to own but saddened to learn the end of another normally aspirated 12cylinder engine destined for elimination. Blessed to have been part of a generation enjoying internal combustion engines.

13. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek

Sounds like your prediction will be worse then 2008 crash.

D11 likes this.
  14. harrish1985

harrish1985 Formula Junior

Jun 17, 2016
    Miami, FL
    That's a pretty dire outlook. Hopefully not the case. The bubble for luxury goods is inflated because of pent up demand, trillions in stimulus floating around and major supply chain issues. The supply chain issues will be worked out by the end of the year and I suspect prices will adjust shortly thereafter.

Whipcity76 likes this.
  15. Whipcity76

Whipcity76 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2015
    Florida, USA
    Full Name:
    Hugh
    Though dire in thought, there’s some credence in what he says. Don’t want to go through my undergraduate Microeconomics and Macroeconomics courses. There’s too much $$$$ out there(M1) in circulation. Inflation is rampant while the Fed continues its’ quantitative easing stature. One of my investment guru’s said a few money market funds are now looking at high quality used cars thinking of a hedge against inflation. It’s hard to chase interest dividends as it is already. IMHO this would involve incredible risk whereby returns to pay investors are minimal. So endith the lesson for today.

16. harrish1985

harrish1985 Formula Junior

Jun 17, 2016
    Miami, FL
    Yes, there’s tons of money out there because of all the stimulus. COVID was a once in a lifetime event. Hedge funds are also investing in crypto as a hedge against inflation. It’s all relative. Bottom line, earnings have been astonishing. Will they continue to be this way? Likely not. I’m sure we will see a pullback, we are always due for one, but then like clockwork we will continue to grow.

gowthamn likes this.
  17. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I had not heard that... in fact they reopened the 812GTS book. I stopped by last week and their guidance changed and until further notice they can still book a bunch of different models.

of2worlds and Whipcity76 like this.
  18. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    That's pretty surprising. Cancellations of previous orders or extending production? Hopefully the latter so we can get more V12s before they're gone!

Whipcity76 likes this.
  19. OSUferrari

OSUferrari Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    I don't think supply chain issues will be close to resolved by end of year. Maybe late 2022..........but not before that.

D11 and mdrums like this.
  20. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Extending production. Last year I had passed on the GTS when they said they had two then one spot left. Now, they can take new deposits for estimated early 2023 delivery.

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  21. Whipcity76

Whipcity76 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2015
    Florida, USA
    Full Name:
    Hugh
    Just received a rather morbid e-mail from LFSC, my Ferrari Dealer. They’re about to close their books on the F8 and 812GTS cars. What with extended production of both cars, this kinda makes sense. The 296 series has had its’ go with initial media circus. Ferrari obviously wants to retool and get ready to synch production lines for it. Still seeing 812 variants offered which could extend production somewhat. Used car pricing on F8 Spiders continue to amaze and saw a few Tributos on FML with strong numbers. Last of the V8’s except for Stradale 90?

D11 and blkdiablo33 like this.
  22. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    The V12 line needs to make room for 812c/ca production (1500 cars or so) and the upcoming Icona (presumed to be another 500 or so cars) and maybe an optional FUV engine, so, the 812GTS needs to be completed, makes sense. Plus, rumor is a new V12 coming in 2024...remains to be seen what happens there.

F8 is end of the line for rear-mid-engine non-hybrid V8s, that appears to be confirmed by the complete lack of any new models expected for non-hybrid V8 regular production.

Whipcity76 and Thecadster like this.
  23. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    g63 amg are 50/75 k over msrp also

Whipcity76 and ryalex like this.
  24. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    even at 425/450 k what are you gonna replace it with a new model thats at that caliber

Whipcity76 likes this.
  25. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    possibilty buyers will want all gas ferraris instead of v6 hybrid and may cause the v8 ferraris to even hold better value

Whipcity76 likes this.