Spark Plug Wire Set | FerrariChat

Spark Plug Wire Set

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Schumi, Oct 23, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Schumi

Schumi Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 5, 2002
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Daren
    I've done a search and have come up empty for a current source for the correct spark plug wire set for a 400i. Anyone have any suggestions as to what to get and where?
    Thanks

2. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    See this thread https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/ignition-wire-question.508418/#post-144391885

I am personally buying "half crimped" ignition leads from https://www.ccee.nl/accuspark/htleads.htm. By "half crimped", I mean that I ask for the distributor plugs to be delivered "loose". This way I can insert the cables in the eyelets without pry-opening them.

The seller provides a bloc that you can use with a vise in order to crimp the remaining connectors without any expensive tools.

I prefer the 8mm variants, these are a tight fit in the eyelets, but they are of higher quality. Also in a matter of a few minutes.after being inserted over the wires, the rubber boot are somehow bonded against the wire sleeves, Impressive!

Seller is really helpful.

3. Schumi

Schumi Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 5, 2002
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Daren
    Thanks for the info. What specific product did you buy from them?

4. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    I asked (by mail) for a 12cyl custom harness. Rapid answer, paid in the morning, kit custom made an shipped the same day. Mine is a bit short though (my fault I gave the sizes), so ask for 15cm more on each leads just in case.

5. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    Schumi likes this.