You toob bandwagon | FerrariChat

You toob bandwagon

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by one4torque, Oct 22, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    With the inflation of all f car prices am I the only one observing all these you toob people w only casual f car exposure trying to provide market and buying advice and forecasting on buying an f car?

Influencers should be required to show some real experience w a brand and model before pumping out advice on these channels.

Ive yet to see an up to date 360 review that uncovers new data…. It seems these guys all check the same content and regurgitate the same points.., but with ferrari font on the screen grab.

I guess it’s ok if these cars are kept a secret for a while longer /)

DBomb117, brookliner7 and imahorse like this.
  2. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    People giving opinions on things they know literally nothing about is just social media in general. Go on an exotic car sale page on Facebook and scroll through the comments on any post. None of the loudmouths have exotics. Then if you correct them they will defend their baseless opinions with the same veracity a knight defends a maid's honor.

anunakki, jm2, technom3 and 9 others like this.
  3. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    gotta love a p car guy giving advice on ferrari's..... please hop back in the vw.... and move along now ;)

FiatAbarth850, DBomb117 and Llenroc like this.
  4. clean512

clean512 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2010
    Full Name:
    Josh @jtcarprojects
    I actually love the you tube seen where these people actually think they know what there talking about. They don't no anything and all they are doing is going for more followers. There is no real passion for the cars. Welcome to social media

5. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Bat comments on f car auctions are out of control. So much bad info and obvious shill or price kill data being propagated dep if you are for buyer or seller.

I don’t know how much avg joe potential f car buyer is considering these sources for f car knowledge. I think a lot of svc items are overblown to drive a bargain.

DBomb117, Shark01 and brookliner7 like this.
  6. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    There is so much bad info because people are more concerned about sharing their opinions than they are about doing any actual research on the subjects they are talking about. In my opinion social media has had a lot of very negative effects on the car scene, and that is coming from a millennial.

7. Kurzor

Kurzor Rookie

Oct 3, 2021
    Orlando FL
    Full Name:
    Francisco Hernandez
    Social media as a whole has exceeded its usefulness. Giving equal voice to people who have aspired to nothing was the most baseless unnecessary thing this world has ever encountered. I can’t post anything about my 458 without getting lectured on my social injustice, greed, and privilege (even though I’m a New Yorican, sole proprietor, that recovered from bankruptcy). It’s all just gone too far.

8. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    Yeah, was really annoying and frustrating seeing a guy commenting on a YouTube channel specifically about on the sale values of used Ferraris when he didn’t even know there was a difference between a challenge stradale and a regular 360.
    Completely useless opinions so I unsubscribed to the channel.

DBomb117, imahorse and one4torque like this.
  9. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Exactly.

It certainly seems like we live in a country now that believes that one's opinion is fact. And most times these opinions-- which are so often so very, very stupid--- will be defend as fact because it is theirs and for no other reason. I have no social media accounts. And I never feel like I'm missing anything important.

10. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I was thinking of doing a youtube channel based on the 360/430 cars. But it would be a brutally honest channel. Some rose colored glasses enthusiast may take offense.

TOOLFAN, vincent355, DBomb117 and 2 others like this.
  11. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Do it. Dilution of social medial influencer idiocy with real knowledge from a real professional is always welcome.

All the best,
    Andrew.

one4torque and tbakowsky like this.
  12. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    #12 KC360 FL, Oct 24, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
    Sadly it would probably be a waste of your wealth of knowledge and time. It seems only telling the lies folks want to believe is what is going to be of any worth to most anymore. If the brutal truth does not align with what they already want to believe, It is, as they say, "to cast pearls before swine"

I had always wanted to compile a website for all those who want true knowledge of anything automotive by collecting information from those like yourself that are a fountain of knowledge that will someday be lost if not written down and saved. I have dealt with so many pros in the automotive field that have worked in their profession for 40 or 50 years and were truly an encyclopedia of information-- retrofit parts, part numbers, tricks that they have learned that save hours of time-- all becomes extinct when they pass away. A true tragedy to me. But of course a website of this magnitude would take a Herculean effort for a project that I simply don't have the time or resources to take on.

13. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    That's what the model sections of FerrariChat are intended to be.

All the best,
    Andrew.

14. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    More 360 shade from u toobers seeking traffic.

I wonder how the investors of an enterprise would feel about the it dept insulting a % of potential clients…. Not good business and perhaps a liability in an increasingly competitive market.

Need to help smart people do smart things!