C8 Z06 | Page 17 | FerrariChat

C8 Z06

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by sainthoo, Jun 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Awhile back, I was told “nearly 9000 RPM and 650ish HP.” First part is mostly true- anything around 650 HP, NA will do nicely.

MikeR397, Pawilly and BJK like this.
  2. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    #402 BJK, Oct 20, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
    yeah, expectations run high. :) But, people have to remember this is not a Ferrari budget level car. ;)

sainthoo likes this.
  3. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Hobson's Choice: better than a Shmee Video!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    8500 RPM is good. Wish it was 9k but as long as the HP is above 630 this will do great.

VAF84 likes this.
  5. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Yep. Agree. And also what the base price is.

VAF84 likes this.
  6. JV's89

JV's89 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 18, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    I'm in at anything close to 100k.

Talked to my sales guy yesterday and he said there are seventeen people in front of me, and they are selling at MSRP, just as they are with the base model.

I highly doubt I will keep two c8's, but selling one of them will be easy enough, if not profitable.

I sold my '20 HTC to a friend last week. He needed a car to keep in Fla. and the driving season here's about over anyway. I sold it for what it cost me, including tax, so I drove it for free for two months.

Two things I learned from the experience: I don't need the front-end lift, and the competition seats are not very comfortable. The car I have on order has neither.

7. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I need the front lift because of my parking situation. It may be a deal killer for me if the car doesn't have that option.

JV's89 likes this.
  8. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Mike Furman will be at the Petersen on Tuesday morning at the unveiling. I hope to talk to him if I get a chance while there about what is going on. IMO, all hell is going to break loose on Wednesday and people will swamp dealers with orders.

Some will be speculators and I hope they can try to weed them out a bit. Anyone who orders 5 cars from 5 different dealers is speculating.

VAF84 and JV's89 like this.
  9. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Anybody know of MSRP dealers in Texas? I'm going to try to get on a list, but as with the TRX, I've just about given up on Texas dealers to not play games with cars like these. Otherwise, is Kerbeck still the best option?

10. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    At this point I wouldn't trust anyone. There are reports of some dealers who took actual deposits at MSRP and are now emailing people to expect to pay over list. I'm sure you could sue but what good would that do. You don't get a car and the lawyers get the money.

11. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

I tend to trust the midwestern dealers more. They lack the population density to treat customers like they're disposable; but I wanted to build some sort of relationship at a local level. You're right though, it's still a roll of the dice.

I just tried two off a 2020 list on the corvette forum that had a "yes" for MSRP. Henna in Austin is taking names, but the list is 65 people long and supposedly they only get 6 a year. They are trying to weed out flippers, and have blackballed a couple on multiple lists. Regardless, looks like a long shot.

Then I tried Campbell in Bowling Green, KY. He said they don't have anything on it, and they don't expect it for a couple of years on their lot.

I'm waiting to hear back from Deery in Iowa where I ordered my TRX.

Will this be a limited production car, or will they build every order? This might be one of those where ADM, or having to grit your teeth and buy from a flipper may be inevitable.

TheMayor likes this.
  12. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    CA dealers are the worst

13. MikeR397

MikeR397 Formula 3

May 9, 2010
    SE Michigan
    I have a order at msrp (verified in email) I put a deposit down on about 15 months ago. I also am track buddies with the CIO of this local auto conglomerate and doubt they will play games, but if they do I will dust off my law degree and start slinging lawsuits left and right!

fwiw, the same conglomerate owns a Ford dealer I got my GT350R at new in 2017 at msrp. They said then they would ever sell above msrp. Then they sold their 3 first year gt500s at $35k over sticker. This is why I got my z06 deal in writing. Do not trust dealers.

VAF84 and TheMayor like this.
  14. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    Maybe you could just leave your house 5 minutes earlier?

Wikdstrate likes this.
  15. Dragster

Dragster Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    I'm sure they'll have trouble keeping up with demand initially, but it's not like production is capped for any artificial reason to increase rarity or scarcity. Chevy made about 40,000 C7 Z06s.

Solid State and boxerman like this.
  16. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I do see quiet a few of them.

I think the C8 has expanded the Corvette market. The Z06 will do the same for those who want something "more"

17. Higgy Baby

Higgy Baby Rookie

Aug 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    Robin Masters
  18. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Is Amelia and Devin really best they could get? Sounds great though

19. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  20. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    My understanding is that many of these order lists dont come to fruition because peopel order multiple cars at multiple places plus circumstances and times change. All to that the eray and zr1 a lot of those on the z06 waiting list will move on to a faster more comfy car.

i ordered my z06, prob going to be a 2-3 year wait. Thats fine for me, it will give Chev a year or two to sort out the bugs for those of us who go to the track and by then we'll know what this car needs to really hunt on track, plus by then there will be aftermarket upgrades for brakes suspension etc if necessary..

I drove my BBi and elise yesterday on the backroads of CT where they are simply great. Both those cars would be a total pain in Florida, whereas a vette would be perfect for multiple reasons. It has great AC, is big enough to not feel vulnerable on I95, everything works, thyere common enough not to get too noticed. Its a car I can use for fun transport. Plus hopefully it can not only drive to the track but dance there all day without using itself up or creating an obscene consumables bill.

As to the redline, whter its 8500 8600 or 9k is irrelevant. A Gt3 is a 4.0 perfectly balanced flat 6, its smooth. The vette is going to be a 5.4 v8, the more critical aspect is whether the motor is smooth and puts out +600 hp in a car light and stiff enough to work.

VAF84 and 95spiderman like this.
  21. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    congrats on your z06 order! will be a wild ride

22. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean

I got two cars on order, a tesla model Y for my wife and the z06. Horses for courses.
    If I could buy a Gr yaris and alpine here would get those too.

Other cars on the "list" before theyre gone are maybe a mach 1 mustang, a challenger and if I were speding the big $ a F8 or hurricane.
    Other than the above cars theres really nothing currently produced I would want to own.

The Mach 1 is inetresting because last time I was at the glenn in sept there was a more or less stock mustang Gt pp2 with hoosiers and pads running some serious times, yes the driver was it, but that car was surpringly good for what it was. As a daily fun drive to the track car I could see the mach 1 filling in untill a z06 comes. The challenger is on the list cause thats just the bruiser cruiser, the best of the last in a long line of big us sporty coupes..

G. Pepper and Nativetroy like this.
  23. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    re the Mach 1, price?, charging time, charging locations and range?

24. Wikdstrate

Wikdstrate Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Alec
    Any car that's over 3,000 pounds will be terrible on consumables, especially if the driver is capable enough to run the car at the limit...especially at The Glen.

I was turning 1;58's in my 991.2 GT3 at the Glen and was going through a set of pads and a set of Hoosier R7's every 2 days. Basically $4,000 per weekend in consumables every event. I tapped-out and will be tracking a Wolf GB08 when I get back into HPDE's once my kids are older.

25. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    my daughter has y and loves it. i like it too. actually took it to limrock last yr and did pretty well for itself.
    yaris and alpine are no use when already have superior lotus. muscle car fun for ev future but i think redeye is way to go as craziest one. i would take a 458 over even pista for that last breed motor. all good