F355 Market | Page 309 | FerrariChat

F355 Market

Discussion in '348/355' started by Robb, May 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    What did it sell for back then?

2. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    There aren’t many Red/Black 95 GTS’s in the U.S. As a matter of fact, it might be the only one I’ve seen since and I consider my memory when it comes to 355s to be pretty spot on :).

3. Wsmatau

Wsmatau Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2016
    Usually big (early) jumps like that on BaT end up resulting in a reclama or re-list. Odds are it is someone trolling or an unusual attempt at scaring other bidders off. Time will tell.
    Whose car is that anyway?

4. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Owner is on Fchat, but not active. Only he could tell you how much he stole the car from me for :).

Car was advertised for $69k. I offered him $73k. Yes, I offered him more than his ask. I knew he was getting a ton of calls for it and I wanted it. Seller was in NJ. I was supposed to fly in and finalize the deal, but bad timing. Hurricane Sandy happened. Things were pretty bad there. He had to move the car around a few times. I gave him a week or two because I didn’t want to keep pressing out of courtesy. Sent a few texts after. Didn’t hear from him. I just figured things were bad and he needed more time. Days go by, send more texts. No response. Next thing I see is another Fchatter posting pics of the car in Florida a month later lol. My guess is the car sold for around $75k. No guides, no service, no headers etc…

If it wasn’t for Hurricane Sandy, very high chance I would be in possession of that GTS. I was willing to pay more than $73k, but Sandy caused cut off in communication.

Yassa, Targatime and 355dreamer like this.
  5. Oz-ATL

Oz-ATL Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2011
  6. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    carnutdallas likes this.
  7. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    https://bringatrailer.com/member/cberl42/

Current high bidder (@$175k) bid $550k on the recent Dino and LOST! This is a man simply fed up with missing out. How’s your 355 search coming along ;)?

8. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Has never won any auction despite running up the bids.

carnutdallas and Wsmatau like this.
  9. Wsmatau

Wsmatau Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2016
    Still sitting on the sidelines. Of course I may regret it eventually. There are some nice cars in Europe waiting to be had if US prices continue to climb through the winter. Obviously that entails accepting some level of risk, but I'm more prone to do that than buy based on FOMO.

355dreamer and ShineKen like this.
  10. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    His bids have been fairly strong on all the cars he lost for the most part.

Most likely, he's stuck on last years prices.

ShineKen likes this.
  11. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    I don’t see the point of dropping a large bid that early. If anything doing so draws even MORE attention to the auction and potentially commits you to a higher price than would otherwise have been achieved. Not a great strategy IMHO.

12. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I appreciate that install. Not one I would keep in a Ferrari, even though very vintage correct, just can’t do it to a 355. 348, no problem :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShineKen and tres55 like this.
  13. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    I guess so. He's probably willing to pay more...so he's just weeding out the ********.

14. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Perhaps, but he’s not giving himself any advantages whatsoever and may actually be hurting his chances of a successful bid.

Wsmatau likes this.
  15. Wsmatau

Wsmatau Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2016
    I know Ebay is not the right venue to find a quality car, but even a broken clock is correct twice a day:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/115060743360?hash=item1aca279cc0:g:BBUAAOSwUwRhdIW6

I offer one to the F-Chat Gurus to discuss in hopes that karma will smile on me. This checks all the boxes for me (except timing). I'm guessing this one didn't fall through the discerning eyes of market keepers, so what am I missing (other than a recent leakdown/compression check)?

16. OCKlasse

OCKlasse Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 5, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brandon K
    Looks like a pretty nice one! Even has the updated PS reservoir. A few stitches in the interior are coming undone, I’m not a fan of that radar detector connector coming out of the dash, but she looks real nice :)

This interior looks cleaner than the BaT one.

17. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    Given an extra 11-12k miles, and the BaT one being possibly more desirable with black interior...the price is probably on the mark. I personally don't think the BaT car has much more to go. May not even get another bid. The guy went for the kill shot.

18. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    30k mi vs 19k mi BAT car.

Service done in Feb 2021 by Eugenio’s, which is a reputable shop out here. That’s good. The pics of service records is too blurry to get anything meaningful out of it. Contact to have them email you records. Stock headers or after-market?

Stickies doesn’t appear to be done. If it is… then not to the standard I would prefer. @johnk... Has the mismatched HVAC finish pet peeve I was talking about earlier.

With car being in Socal, I give it a week. We don’t mess around out here. If this is what you want and you’ve come to the realization manual 355 coupes are no longer sub $100k, then you’ll need to move quickly.

ONE WEEK. You heard it here first.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Wsmatau likes this.
  19. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    The Ebay car is also on Car.com, the car from ISSIMI is also still listed on cars.com and cargrurs and there is an F1 GTS at $104k on cars.com

I agree dropping a 175k bit isn't very smart. If it scares away other bidders it means the bid is too high, not representative of the real market. Otherwise it just cuts out the preliminary bidding. We will know in a couple of days. Meanwhile the YY spider on BAT has cracked $60k.

20. Oz-ATL

Oz-ATL Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2011
    I like the eBay car more than the BaT one. I have a black interior cabriolet (and tan interior GTS) and now much prefer the lighter interiors for open air cars in the summer.

Wsmatau likes this.
  21. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Did someone cut a hole in the passenger side cover so they could jump start the car?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Also this car has a subwoofer in the trunk. I could never buy a car with one that had one in it.

And its got 175k as a bid with 7 days left...

22. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Issimi car sold a week ago.

23. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007