F8/F8S/Gts closed. | FerrariChat

F8/F8S/Gts closed.

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ScottS, Oct 18, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    According to dealer which I just left, Ferrari told them no more orders as of today. Dealer principle told me himself.

Thankfully got my vin on my F8 spider. Yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tfazio, ryalex, paulchua and 3 others like this.
  2. AEHaas

AEHaas Formula 3

May 9, 2003
    Osprey, Florida
    Full Name:
    Ali E. Haas
    No comments here? What will they be making instead?

Ali

3. Ellena

Ellena Rookie

Apr 20, 2020
    Chanhassen, Minnesota
    Full Name:
    J. Anderson
    I was told the same thing by the dealer, today. Thankfully, 812GTS order went in a few weeks back.

Thecadster likes this.
  4. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I've been DM'ing with Scott because I also arrived at the dealership within an hour of the announcement. Right now you can order:
    • Roma
    • Portofino M
    • 296 GTB
    • SF90 / SF90 Spider
    That said, the email also said the SF90 book will change soon and may close without announcement.

F might end up requiring a customer "qualification" [ie. you've bought dealer cars] to get an SF90 Spider after all.

5. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    F8 and F8S have no replacement, the 296GTB, and spider, fill that role.
    Replacing the 812SF and 812GTS is still a giant question mark. Internal code is F167.

6. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    It's looking like a V8TT-H at the moment.

7. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I have to believe they continue a production V12.

LARRYH and JAM1 like this.
  8. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    That's what the rumor is now.

It might have been a squeeze to drive demand for the final 812 GTS spots. But it worked apparently, as some dealers are now oversubscribed.

9. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Maybe so, but the V12 has been at the heart of production a Ferrari’s since 1947. Losing the V12 would be akin to them giving up on F1 IMO.
    I just don’t see it happening.

ryalex likes this.
  10. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Congrats on the allocation. Strange times at Ferrari.

ryalex likes this.
  11. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Don’t know what anything means these days.

Have deposits down on several cars. Vin on F8S. Waiting list but No VIN TM 812GTS. Not on waitlist yet on 296 and SF90 spider but deposits in.
    I don’t even know what no more orders means for those cars. Does anyone know if you’re on the waiting list means the order is in but no allocation ?
    The dealer said they didn’t know either. So there’s that.

I’m down with the value and desirability is related to scarcity and I know I cannot get all the cars I order (nor should I? ) but it’s hard to know.

Or is slamming the door shut on these a lesson to teach the public to order early and create more demand and value ?

Thecadster likes this.
  12. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    so I went to Porsche two weeks ago and said to the salesman I knew from car meets I would like to get in the line for a manual GT3. They want +$50k for now. No, I can wait for MSRP. 18-24 mos. Ok. Sit with the guy and spend 30 mins building a spec in the configurator, make a profile online and save it.

nothing more formal than that. No deposit, no signature, just a passcode for the configuration.

“Okay we’ll call when a build spot is ready.” He said with what I picked out (pretty loaded with PTS paint), it would get an allocation eventually… but honestly it’s so vague and ethereal it seems like I just went to “play car shopper” with the employee. Doesn’t mean anything. But maybe the fun fantasy experience will tempt me to return and spend +$100k for the GT3 that is already in the back.

13. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    The Porsche dealers have learned to play the game even better than the Ferrari dealers. Biggest thing is they can take allocations for themselves and they can charge premiums over MSRP.

Thecadster and ryalex like this.
  14. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Your dealer seems confused or maybe they are answering a different question.

a "deposit" at a dealer simply means the dealer has accepted your order, just between you and the dealer, such an order is totally disconnected from factory production, and, until the following occurs, it is not going to result in a car being produced...

once your dealer receives an "allocation" from FNA (Ferrari North America), and the dealer attaches your order to that (factory) allocation, THEN and ONLY THEN, you have a factory order (factory status: 10Green)

Once the factory is ready to commence production, your dealer will be alerted that your "final specification" must be received by a specific date. Once that "spec" is entered and the factory accepts it, your factory order status changes to 10Red

Once your order goes 10R, your car will be made, until then, it's just a dream

(btw, the "VIN" is only assigned by FNA, once they receive the car at their port in New Jersey, before then you will have a chassis number, the VIN occurs at the very end right before the car is shipped to the dealer)

Doug23 likes this.
  15. thx enzo

thx enzo Karting

Aug 11, 2021
    Hartland, WI
    Full Name:
    Stevenp
    I placed a deposit on a F8 Spider in mid September. Owner advised me a date was looming for end of orders, but all deposits placed before said date would be built.

16. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

So the VIN shown in MyFerrari is not valid?

17. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    What is the factory production code (indicating the car's progress)? If that status code is not shown in MyFerrari, ask the dealer for its order status. If above status 90 then the VIN should be accurate, if less than 90, the VIN is speculative, a presumption since the VIN plate/sticker is assigned and attached to the car in New Jersey by FNA (they also generate the window sticker), until then it is not confirmed. Why is this? for example, let's say the car is delayed (for any reason) until the next model year, the VIN will change as the model year is part of the VIN. Until the VIN plate/stickers are attached to the car, it's speculative, but, a good indication the car is in production and will (eventually) be produced.

18. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Forgot to mention, the chassis number, once that is assigned it is permanent. The chassis number is assigned at the factory (for all cars regardless of destination) and it is an important part of the VIN.

19. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Agree.

My father was a Honda/Chevy dealer. I grew up in the industry.

My dealer isn’t confused really it’s in my retelling. I get it I- the deposit isn’t a promise if a car really but an idea that when they get an allocation I’ll get in line for the rest. In general, dealers,salesmen etc will be vague on the status. Agree again. Once I’m in the waiting list the real waiting begins. It seems that waiting list and 10G aren’t discernible from the app. But I was given predictive information and it seems accurate.

Btw has anyone on the board had a vin in the app not the actual vin they received ? I’m curious. I get it the chassis number generates the predictive vin.

Which part of Ferrari runs the app ?

In any case F8S is 10R / Lastratura at this point confirmed picking up my 16m today. If I get no more new cars, I’ll still be the happiest guy in the parking lot.

Thanks for the info. Very helpful.

20. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    SF90 will close in December 2021.

Marcel Massini

Thecadster and ryalex like this.
  21. stretchgeneral

stretchgeneral Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 9, 2014
    MA/TX
    Full Name:
    McK
    The VIN showed up in the app for me about 3 months before delivery. It was the total VIN and matched the car that arrived. In addition, during those 3 months I looked up the VIN on a 3rd party site. It did not show me as the owner, still showed owner not assigned. But the option list was accurate.

JTSE30 likes this.
  22. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    The vin is NOT assigned when the car arrives in the US.

The car is assigned a vin at the factory as the chassis has the vin etched into it. Also the vin goes under the glass.

The vin is assigned when they start production.

Times and Viperjoe like this.