F8 - What are your "must-have" add-ons? | FerrariChat

F8 What are your "must-have" add-ons?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by reddotferrari, Oct 24, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. reddotferrari

reddotferrari Rookie

Oct 19, 2021
    Full Name:
    Red Dot Enzo
    Just placed a F8 order in a couple weeks back, still in the process of finalizing the car specs and thought to seek out some experienced opinions here.

What are your "must-have" add-ons?

- Are 360 cameras necessary?

- Should we go for full carbon fibre (quite a bit more expensive as I understand)?

- JBL speakers?

Please share! :)

2. Dr123

Dr123 Karting

Oct 24, 2021
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    David RANDALL
    I’m looking at a couple of used ones.
    Trying to decide between car with all exterior carbon and one without but has passenger display and upgraded sound system.

The cf car has full
    Leather electric seats.

Other has carbon race seats.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

reddotferrari likes this.
  3. harrish1985

harrish1985 Formula Junior

Jun 17, 2016
    Miami, FL
    Carbon on all visible areas. Jbl system does sound very good. Scuderia shields are must have. Same with carbon driver zone wheel. 360 cameras add the super unattractive security dome looking cameras on the side view mirrors which completely kills the look of the car.

4. Eddie v

Eddie v Karting

Mar 18, 2020
    Utah
    Personally I find the base sound system good enough but I will say that I rarely turn the radio on in my f cars. Prefer to listen to the engine melody as I drive. I’ve had several with lots of exterior carbon and it invariably gets dinged up resulting in 8-10K replacement OEM parts rather than 1K OEM plastic lip splitters and rear diffusers and side skirts. I always skip most exterior cf now.

I do love to have interior cf options though along with racing seats. I find these just make the interior look and feel more sporty and I find the racing seats just look way better to me than the regular seats and I find them just as comfy and give more headroom - I haven’t had a car without them for a long time. I also love having a painted center stripe on the top of the steering wheel - they will do any color you like and I just love the look.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

reddotferrari and Dr123 like this.
  5. Dr123

Dr123 Karting

Oct 24, 2021
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    David RANDALL
    reddotferrari and Cigarzman like this.
  6. Dr123

Dr123 Karting

Oct 24, 2021
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    David RANDALL
  7. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Must haves are shields and an LED wheel. Everything else is personal choice and budget.

8. subalou1

subalou1 Karting

Nov 12, 2009
    NY
    In my opinion, shields, led wheel and race seats.

9. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Back up camera, sensors, LED, electric mirrors, some CF inside and splitters outside, racing seats, lift even though I’m in FL, in case I ever trailer it.

360 is pretty ugly from the outside if you haven’t seen it. Dunno how effective it is.

10. Drson

Drson Karting

Mar 18, 2018
    Southeast
    Full Name:
    John Galt
    Shields, LED wheel,interior headliner in leather(looks so much better than the stock material)

11. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    The JBL speakers are a very good upgrade over stock. I’ve optioned it in my F8 spider, and have it in my 812 as well. I love the sound of my cars, but it’s also nice to listen to music as well.

Carbon fiber is personal preference. It’s $$$$ upfront and if you ever need to replace it.

360 camera only necessary if you can’t park. Otherwise parking sensors are generally just fine.

Another thing to think about is the front lift. I look at it as a nice to have and not need than need and not have. I also lower my cars, so it makes life a lot easier for me.

LED wheel is a good choice, and you can have it wrapped in leather or alcantara if you don’t want the carbon fiber. Pictured is my 812 wheel in leather with LEDs Image Unavailable, Please Login

Ask your sales rep for the special options PDF. You’ll find a few different things in there that you won’t find on the configurator. Colored carbon, colored trim, etc etc. Overall, please order what YOU ultimately like for the spec. If you plan to sell the car later, someone will like your spec, whatever you order.

12. Mikael-F360

Mikael-F360 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    Racing seats are a must. No matter what model we are talking about after year 1999. They are comfortable and look great.

Also LED wheel, carbon interior and folding mirrors are good to have. Some people need the front lift, I don't.

Viperjoe likes this.
  13. Divexxtreme

Divexxtreme Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Be sure to sit in the racing seats first. Preferably drive 30 minutes in them. I blindly followed everyone's advice and got them in my F8, and realized very quickly that I can't use them without a pad underneath to raise my lower back above the excessive amount of lumbar they provide. Without the pad, my back is destroyed after 30-45 minutes of driving.

14. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    I didn’t know about wrapping the steering wheel in leather as opposed to the CF. I think I’m too late but will see if I can change my order. I have the cf on the 458 and not crazy about it……..

SeattleStew likes this.
  15. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I optioned my 488 that way and loved it. Leather everywhere including the headliner and rear wall; zero CF.

My F8 is a different story. There’s a strip of CF that separates the upper and lower dash panels. Without accompanying CF bits, to my eye it just seemed lost. So I added the CF driver’s zone and dash inserts to render the look more cohesive. Had those devious minds at Ferrari not added that one strip of CF, I’d be several thousand dollars richer.

16. SeattleStew

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    Option code LEDL if your SA doesn’t know. Idk why they don’t show clients the special options PDFs, it’s extra margin on the car. Just FYI, I believe it’s an extra ~$800 for the leather (on top of the LED wheel option).

reddotferrari, Viperjoe and AD211 like this.
  17. Dapuma

Dapuma Rookie

Sep 22, 2021
    I see a lot of used base models at dealers. How hard is it to "add" a feature after it is speced out. IE can you even add a lifter...or swap out the seats etc. Is it possible to "take over" someone's order if they decide they dont want it?

18. srtullio

srtullio Karting

Mar 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I would say take everyone's advice with a grain of salt as this is YOUR car that YOU will be enjoying. Don't feel pressured to get anything your unsure about bc someone else says its "necessary."

My must haves:

-Shields
    -CF air splitter
    -Suspension Lifter
    -Parking Sensors
    -Dark Forged Wheels
    -Racing Seats + Lifter
    -CF driver zones + CF LED steering wheel
    -CF Central bridge
    -Apple Carplay

There are several more options I ticked but those were minor details. I didn't opt for much exterior carbon for the above noted reasons. I really wanted to spec the CF engine bay pieces but was advised against it by my SA stating they don't hold up to the heat well and will yellow over time.

19. m8000

m8000 Karting

Mar 27, 2021
    Houston, TX
    I just wish there was an option to add a back glass windshield wiper, like you can get on a 911..

It’s preposterous that it’s not an option. Come on Ferrari, get with the times!

20. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Was too late to change. I inquired this AM…..

21. Mortarion

Mortarion Karting

Jun 6, 2020
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Jase
    Get the headliner in leather or alcantara. I have full Carbon interior apart from doors and center arm rest. Would probably get the aluminium painted in gunmetal next car. Also have the JBLs and they are solid.

22. SeattleStew

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    Technically there is no such thing as a base model. There is the typical ‘resale spec’ though. If you want to add options after the fact, things like a front lifter and carbon components can be done after market easily. If you want interior pieces changed, you’re going to need a good interior shop. A spec can be taken over by someone else, but once an order goes to 10R it generally can’t be changed.

That’s too bad. Hopefully next time!

I didn’t realize the headliner was some weird fabric until someone pointed it out to me. Ordered the headliner in leather after taking a look at the fabric and not liking it.

Dapuma likes this.
  23. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I did likewise on my 488 and opted for Alcantara on my F8. Electrochromatic mirrors are also a must - the stock unit just doesn’t fit the bill. Get the rear wall in leather rather than carpet - adds a richer look to the interior.

24. BillHartman67

BillHartman67 Karting

Sep 25, 2021
    Montvale, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bill Hartman
    Everyone said get the racing seats as I am tall 6'2". Have to agree that after 30 minutes driving my back was killing. I went with the standard seat and electric.
    ALSO, with a spider the heated seat (extend the driving season in the NorthEast) is only available with the electric seat. ;)

25. Dapuma

Dapuma Rookie

Sep 22, 2021
    Has anyone had any experience with changing the interior. Example: It is in carpet and you wanted to add leather to the interior (back and roof) - What does something like that even cost and can it be done to look factory? What would it cost to swap out the seats if you didn't like the ones it came with?