FORMULA 1 ARAMCO UNITED STATES GRAND PRIX...Austin...RACE...▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀ | Page 17 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 ARAMCO UNITED STATES GRAND PRIX...Austin...RACE...▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Oct 24, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
  2. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Personal attack: 1-week ban.

Trolling posts. Another week ban.

Please be more amicable upon your return in 2 weeks' time.

All the best,
    Andrew.

stavura, fil, sammysaber and 6 others like this.
  3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  4. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    We can only hope Binotto is really doing a good job in the background.
    I have no doubt Charles is a world driver championship material.
    So excited for next year! ( again at 48 years old!)

stavura, 375+, lagunacc and 4 others like this.
  5. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    Well I'm a happy fan. Max was running out of tire and I think in another lap (2 at the most), Lewis would have gotten him...maybe. But almost everyone who comes in a close second can say that. I thought Max drove a great race...he preserved his own tires and let Lewis catch up, but then used the tires to keep Lewis just far enough a way. The RB was the slightly better car...and Max was the better driver. I would have liked to seen Perez putting more pressure on Hamilton. And I'll be happy if Ferrari gets another couple of podiums. The season is down to five more races and we have a real battle for the WDC. Anything could happen. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping Max takes home the prize.

stavura, Picchu88, classic308 and 4 others like this.
  6. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  7. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Great race! Congrats to Max. I enjoyed myself. It was sooo many people there. There was actually more Perez fans there than Ham or Max lol. I wish Hamilton pulled it off but I'll take it. He pushed Max, made it close.

Isobel likes this.
  8. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Jakuzzi likes this.
  9. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Megan thee Stallion-->what a classless and "fashionable" joke to include her entourage.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

stavura, WJHMH, mcimino and 1 other person like this.
  10. zygomatic

zygomatic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    One of the best things about Max' drive was his feedback to the team: "It's good to be aggressive sometimes". Max is showing a champion's confidence; he believes (and often rightly so) that he can make RB's strategies work. He wants to go out and win, not have the championship fall in his lap.

That was an excellent, mature drive by Max making a difficult strategy work.

Jakuzzi, stavura, moretti and 2 others like this.
  11. zygomatic

zygomatic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Martin Brundle is the size of one of her bodyguard's arms.

12. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/wolff-mercedes-couldnt-match-red-bulls-aggressive-us-gp-strategy/6710433/

Wolff: Mercedes couldn’t match Red Bull’s aggressive US GP strategy

By: Luke Smith
    Oct 25, 2021, 3:54 AM
    Toto Wolff says Mercedes couldn't match Red Bull’s early pitstop with Max Verstappen to prevent Lewis Hamilton from losing the Formula 1 race lead in Austin, calling the move “courageous”.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    After qualifying second behind title rival Verstappen on Saturday, Hamilton took the lead of the United States Grand Prix on the opening lap after passing up the inside at Turn 1 following a quicker reaction off the line.

Hamilton stayed ahead of Verstappen through the opening stages, only for Red Bull to bring the Dutchman in to the pits at the end of lap 10, which was earlier than predicted.

Mercedes kept Hamilton out for three more laps before pitting him, but Verstappen had already gained enough time on the undercut to move into the lead after Hamilton rejoined the track.

Mercedes tried extending Hamilton’s second stint to create a larger tyre delta, but the seven-time world champion could not bridge the gap in the closing stages, finishing 1.3 seconds behind at the chequered flag.

Wolff said Red Bull’s early pit stop was a bold move, and one that his team had not looked to match after judging its data.

“You could see the different strategies,” Wolff said.

“One team that went for the undercut out of necessity, and a very, how can I say, courageous move, because it was very early. And the second time again to their advantage.

“Particularly in the last stint, you could see that [Verstappen] had learned from the second stint not to damage the tyres too early because he had something left at the end.

“We were just on the back foot because the car was not fast enough on the first stint on the medium.

“We couldn’t possibly have gone for an early stop, because based on the data that we had on the medium, it didn’t look like we could finish the race at that stage with an early stop.”

Hamilton managed to create an eight-lap tyre delta heading into the final stint, and was as much as one second per lap quicker than Verstappen as he gained ground.

But Wolff said Mercedes did not consider keeping Hamilton out even longer to create a bigger delta as his times had dropped off too much.

“At a certain stage, you’re just too slow and you’re losing too much time,” Wolff said.

“That was the situation in the second stop where we didn’t have Sergio [Perez]’s pressure, but simply had to pit because he was going too slow. It’s always a balance of creating a tyre offset whilst not losing too much ground.”

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes W12

Photo by: Zak Mauger / Motorsport Images

Wolff praised Hamilton for driving “awesomely” in his push to make up the time to Verstappen before the gap stabilised when he got within a couple of seconds.

“He brought the car in, remained calm even though he had 6.5 [seconds after the first stop] and, on the second stop, 8.5 seconds to Max,” Wolff said.

Read Also:
    “He brought it in, increased the pace, and at a certain stage, there was just a massive difference, and that was brilliantly executed. But just not close enough at the end.

“When you follow a car, you start to suffer a bit, and I think if we would have had maybe two laps more, who knows?

“But it is what it is, and you need to congratulate Red Bull for their stops.”

13. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I think her entourage was way worse...when the big guy tries to move Martin off, she at least tapped him to let it go...Okay I wouldn't also expect her to know who Martin Brundle or Sky F1 is, but that's a problem for F1, they keep inviting clueless nobodies who care only to be seen at the races rather than care what's going on.

If you're going to invite celebrities to boost F1's profile, at the very least invite some that have at least an interest in cars or racing. Plenty out there.

stavura, WJHMH, Jeronimo GTO and 4 others like this.
  14. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Martin Brundle shouldn't have given her any "airtime" on SkyF1.....yeah, he is partly to blame as well.

Jakuzzi, stavura, moretti and 4 others like this.
  15. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I don't know...he knows the type of reaction he's very likely to get. He knows many F1 fans watching will react to it. And hey...if she was a secret F1 fan, he'd have that. Win win for him...

16. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Beber seen that before ...
    Who is She...and from what planet?

17. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    I have zero problem with Shaq being on the podium and presenting the trophies. What I do have a problem with is him standing among the drivers during the national anthems rather than off to the side where he belonged at that time. He was a guest and in no way contributed to the results of those three men and it was wholly inappropriate for him to be among them. It was a disappointing classless move from someone who really should know better.

18. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    We don't know how well briefed he was (I mean, we've had celebrity flag wavers wave the wrong car, the wrong flag, the wrong lap before...), I don't think he intentionally did it wrong, and whoever was meant to tell him otherwise, probably didn't have the balls :p

ricksb, jimpo1 and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  19. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I watched the race again this morning... fast-forwarding through it all. One of the things I think affecting Mercedes is their strategy. I just don't think they're used being in this position. What I did notice is that Lewis seemed more relaxed. Too many times he's on the blower sounding very excited or agitated... often times questioning the calls. He drove a great race today. I think you have two of the best drivers ever, two fairly equal cars and neither one made a single mistake. Even if Lewis had won, I'd have still been grateful for a fantastic race.

I'm still perplexed at how inconsistent the pitstops have been. It seems many of the teams, including RB, are having difficulties with wheel nuts or something.

What impressed me the most was the state of Max and Lewis's tires. They were completely shredded... it just really shows the skill level they have. I aged about 20 years watching that race, but it reminds of how F1 used to be. I'm hopeful that the new cars will really bunch the field more and we'll see more of the same dramatics.

Bas likes this.
  20. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    As a professional sportsman who's been there and done that he does not need to be briefed on anything and should have known better. That said I got the impression that he did not care and did what he wanted to knowing damn well that nobody was going to do anything about it. This includes him not wearing a mask (Let's leave the mask politics out of this even though that protocol is clearly defined) with some of the other official people sheepishly removing theirs. Again he did what he wanted showing a lack of respect for those who put in the work that day.

Bas likes this.
  21. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    I think it's 4, maybe 5 people on the planet who has concerns about Shaq being on the podium

Jakuzzi likes this.
  22. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I'd like to know who invites these celebrities. Serena and MTS were both inexcusably rude and obnoxious. I'm assuming since Lewis is the only driver who really embraces the celebrity life and that they were at Merc... the were his guests. I hope something is said because they're behavior shouldn't reflect poorly on Lewis who is typically a gentlemen with fans and the press. Whoever's guests they were, I'd be so pissed off. Money and fame clearly cannot buy class.

Bas, Jeronimo GTO and Nuvolari like this.
  23. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
  24. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Upon review of this member's moderation history for identical infractions approximately 6 weeks ago, the ban of @Wass85 has been increased to 4 weeks.

All the best,
    Andrew.

stavura, Bas, fil and 2 others like this.
  25. Barrylindon

Barrylindon Karting

Mar 20, 2021
    The race was good, it's clear that F1 have reconnected with a dwindling audience, it seemed packed.

Shaq was there because the NBA Is running a marketing partnership with F1 to market their 75 anniversary.

They are thing that affects racing and annoy me, having an ex stripper turned rapper been rude does not, a famous rapper call this new stripper turned rapper genre, strap lol.

Bas likes this.