Jack Bag/Emerg. Triangle Plastic Retainer Cups | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Jack Bag/Emerg. Triangle Plastic Retainer Cups

Discussion in '206/246' started by SWSDino, Jun 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SWSDino

SWSDino Rookie

Sep 9, 2012
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I was at the shop today and took some photos and measurements of the "straps" as follows:
    --the jack bag and emergency triangle retainer straps are the same and measure 28 mm wide x 145 mm long measuring from the metal "buckle" end where it would attach to each end of the bracket (the metal bracket is 150 mm long and uses 3 rivets to attach it to the fiberglass spare tire panel).
    --the wheel chock strap under the spare tire is 28 mm wide x 300 mm long (metal ends tip to tip). It also has more of a metal wire "hook" at the end that engages the bracket..
    Hope this helps. Steve

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. SWSDino

SWSDino Rookie

Sep 9, 2012
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Should anyone have a blue top for the "triangle case" as posted above just collecting dust I would be interested in purchasing it as mine has been missing for over 20 years. Thanks, Steve

3. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    Steve, lovely reproduction cups.... well done... your pair arrived safely today.....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Beware about responding to this thread as I mistakenly quoted the seller of said items and had the post deleted.....2 years later :)

"Your post in the thread Jack Bag/Emerg. Triangle Plastic Retainer Cups was deleted.

Reason: It's fine to discuss the development of a DIY project, but actual parts sales belong in the classified ad section.
    +
    A whole chain of posts were deleted including posts that you quoted, so even if you did not break rule, the post you quoted may have. We removed 5+ posts "

Go figure that one!

Best Tony

5. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    The site policy effected is trying to address the two kinds of posts on a DIY/project thread. The first are the posts that describe a problem and a solution. We welcome those as sharing with the community. The second type of posts are the eventual outcome of most DIY/project threads, which is a solution of some kind, that results in a group buy or tooling bought and paid for and some level of small scale production. This results in solicitations for sale and requests for availability. The second type of posts are in conflict with our policy that there should be no business conducted in the discussion forums, business should be conducted in the classified ad section. Veiled references to contacting the solution developer for "project details" are considered a circumvention as these invariably result in continued requests for availability.

The approved process is to, once the DIY/project enters the solution available for sale phase, have the DIY/project solver post an ad in the classified ad section to offer the solution for sale and then post a link to the ad in the original DIY/project thread and direct all further inquiries to the ad. The thread can still remain for additional questions and improvements to the solution, but any and all availability questions should be directed to the ad.

Deletions of posts from a lengthy time back are simply because no mod is able to read every post on the site contemporaneously. Generally we notice recent activity contrary to site policies that causes a review of prior posts that we discover were also against site policies.

6. SWSDino

SWSDino Rookie

Sep 9, 2012
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Steve
    OK, well explained. The misunderstanding was on my part. Steve

7. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Thanks for clarification of the policy, sometimes people forget the policy contents I dont think its intentional to circumvent the policy, however the policy could be a tad clearer but i guess the mods have to interpret the policy as they view it. There are a lot of businesses on this forum that ply their trade in a subliminal way possibly knowing full well they are circumventing the policy so i guess there will be more post deletions from now on.

Unfortunately ads in the "for sale" section can end up on page 4 within minutes so for me its rather futile and a waste of time especially for something that has very little interest to many on the site, fine if you are having a garage boot sale but a small plastic cup that fits onto a L series 246 is hardly an explosion onto Amazon!

I suppose there is a fine line but I would hate to see the Dino section become a grave yard, its getting close & it already suffers with very little action as it is. So to withdraw a small reference about some plastic parts possibly only of interest to a small number of people worldwide is rather petty, especially 2 years later, but as you says thats the policy but it will destroy the Dino section as a lot of attention is brought into the 206/246 forum by people making artisan products, offering advice and out of this world restorations. Dont kill off the dino section because of a few policies!

Best

Tony

PS i understand fchat is a business and no such thing as a free lunch

Edward 96GTS likes this.
  8. SWSDino

SWSDino Rookie

Sep 9, 2012
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Tony,

Thanks for your thoughtful response. At least the photos are there helping to explain what the "cups" are and where they are located in the car. During the 30 + years i have owned my 1971 Dino GT (Euro), i have used this forum researching many Dino topics and it has been a blessing, except sometimes when i realize it's now 1 AM and i've been at it since 10 PM! Regards, Steve

TonyL likes this.
  9. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Indeed they do help tremendously Steve as many of these items have been discarded many years ago. Likewise with my battery shield, i have had my 246 for just over 22 years and only just realized it should of had one. I made it out of Fibreglass and it has finally cured the overheating issues with the battery. Had it not been for other dedicated forum users remaking them, I would have been none the wiser.

Best Regards
    Tony

10. daytonaman

daytonaman Formula Junior

May 1, 2007
    Australia
    Full Name:
    howard pigdon
    330 GT used something similar to hold up trunk floor, probably from the same manufacturer.
    Anyone know if that manufacturer still exists ?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login