Windshield in Massachusetts | FerrariChat

Windshield in Massachusetts

Discussion in '308/328' started by Salbones, Oct 25, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Salbones

Salbones Rookie

Apr 14, 2019
    Full Name:
    Salvatore Celeste
    Hoping somebody can help me out here. My 85 308 GTS Q.V. just caught a stone that cracked my windshield. The car is Concours quality and I would like to replace it with the same style if not the original OEM glass it has now. (Blue tint with black frit surround) The problem is that I am having trouble finding a glass company in Massachusetts willing to replace it. Not even sure if they can get it. I even called the Ferrari Dealer in Boston. No luck. However, EurosparesUK says they have a replacement and will ship to the USA. Unfortunately, the installation problem still remains. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Sal

2. miked

miked Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Can't help you with your Ferrari glass other than saying few places are going to risk the liability of damaging your car vs. the profit made unless they are experienced in that car. Finding someone who does a lot of exotic car glass installations would be your best bet. Asking high end dealers and restoration shops who does their glass work will probably yield the names of some good installers. Wayne Carini of F-40 Motorsports isn't all that far away and most likely hires his glass work out.

I just had the windshield replaced on my winter driver and the insurance agent pushed me to use one of their "preferred" lowest cost providers (Safelite etc.). My son is in the collision business and through years of experience he has weeded out those type of glass companies and always uses a particular glass guy who has an established quality reputation. I used the same guy to replace my windshield and had used him previously to reseal a leaky rear window on my pickup truck. You also have to worry about the quality of the glass itself. Low cost providers just throw in the cheapest glass, maybe even manufacturer's seconds, and you get a wavy window.

3. hrlevy

hrlevy Karting

May 3, 2005
    upstate NY
    Full Name:
    Howard R. Levy
    I had the glass replaced on my 75 GT4 by RPM in
    the Champlain Valley of Vermont.
    http://www.rpmvt.com/

4. robertcope

robertcope Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Robert B. Cope
    Sorry to hear about your windshield. I just had film installed on my '85 QV's windshield because I do not want to have this happen to me! My installer used STEK DYNOflex, which is apparently a fairly new film: https://www.stek-usa.com/windshield-film

I was afraid that it would impact the optical qualities of the windshield, like other films I have tried, but I cannot tell it is there. Very happy with it in that regard. It hasn't taken a rock yet, thankfully, but it's a nice thick film so I believe it will protect as planned. Was about $600 installed.

5. Salbones

Salbones Rookie

Apr 14, 2019
    Full Name:
    Salvatore Celeste
    Thank you for all the responses! I will run with these suggestions and update the community with the final outcome.
    Thanks again!
    Sal

6. Thomas Magnum

Thomas Magnum F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2013
    Full Name:
    Mark
    https://glass-seekers.com

Ask for Ira