100mph track accident flip- no track insurance | Page 2 | FerrariChat

100mph track accident flip- no track insurance

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Alexcle, Oct 21, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ddrewesusa

ddrewesusa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2021
    92,955,807 miles from the sun
    Full Name:
    Don Drewes
    Wow, that was worse than I thought. You are very lucky. I thought maybe you caught an edge and the tire dug off the curb and rolled over. I am glad you made it through without major injury.

2. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    First, glad you walked away.
    Second, if I were you, I’d get rid of the Merc. Sending it overseas kinda makes sense since I’m assuming the only record of the crash is here. Not your problem if someone lies about the history and you documented it so no one can claim you were being deceitful.
    Now, moving forward...I used to race an FProd fiat 124. Lots of fun and cheap, but also a fair amount of work. The Spec Racer Fords seemed to have the best fun to cost value. After my kids graduate from college, my current plan is to pick up an SRF. 35-40k fully set up with spares. Tons of shops that will maintain and store it so you can “arrive and drive.” As to your DD, I made the decision long ago to stick with Toyotas. I live in Chicago, and even garage kept DDs get beat to heck.

3. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Hi Alex,

I'm so sorry to hear this, I also hope you are okay. Personally, I would try to liquidate it.

Again, my condolences on the mishap. Best wishes to you.

4. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Glad u are safe!
    I think no matter how they want to make it a track car it’s jut too heavy for it. I tried tracking my ff and I really didn’t like it. I felt the weight could make the car go out of control much faster. Not fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    I did not realize people took such large and heavy passenger cars to the track, without proper insurance at that, one thing is for sure, that car was built for you to walk away from it after the fact, and thats a great example of Merc build quality.

Thank you

NYC Fred likes this.
  6. Alexcle

Alexcle Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 2, 2018
    Full Name:
    Alex D

Yeah. Got lazy and thought just take it easy. It is the fastest official 4 door saloon at Nurburgring…plan was to Get my speed bug out for a couple hours and go back to work. I usually take the f12. Have a gt3 coming which will be single purpose.

Boredom and complacency at its worst.

the merc is great and I am glad the 4700lbs likely helped minimize the impact and with side airbags etc. does ferrari even have side airbags?

ZF123 and ginoBBi512 like this.
  7. Alexcle

Alexcle Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 2, 2018
    Full Name:
    Alex D
    Thank you for the kind words.

I am at 44k gonna see what’s the best and move on. A youtuber I reached out to w a lot of subscribers offered $20k. I was thinking. get f$&@ out of here. Trying to rip me off.

paulchua likes this.
  8. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I'm just glad that you're okay! I wish you the best!

technom3 likes this.
  9. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    No doubt you know more than I. The SM doesn't flip my ticker, so I've been racing SPB. What I DO know, is that we have a couple cars here locally that are being sold, both have been on the podium this year, one won a championship last year, and both are for sale under $10k.

People also told me I'd need to spend $50k for a competitive SPB; I spent less than $20k, with spares, and was immediately competitive. My buddy spent $28k and is now "the fast guy".

I don't really know the difference between a $10k SM and a $25k SM, I only know what I see on the market. Regardless: the beauty of spec racing is that there will ALWAYS be somebody at your same level that you can dice with.

brookliner7 likes this.
  10. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    I mean, you offered a totalled car to someone, they gave you an offer. Not sure what the fuss is.

11. Alexcle

Alexcle Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 2, 2018
    Full Name:
    Alex D
    Hahahaha, that’s true. No fuss as I kept my thoughts to myself. My reaction is More so Based on the paying prices I see in the videos and current offers in hand. It seemed like a low ball. But then again I knocked on his door.

I have already moved on and sold it. 47.5 end of story.

ZF123 likes this.