365GT 2+2 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

365GT 2+2

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Bowzer, Oct 6, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Napoli365

Napoli365 Karting

Jul 25, 2019
    Full Name:
    Stefano Caretti
    Bowzer,

my last post was on the 21th of October. Since then I have been able to add a few more and will publish again soon. Essentially we will have ~ 180, not bad, but still very lacking. We have a long way to go. I guestimate that there are at least ~ 100-120 appearing on social media, in articles and club events sites that seem to be alive and kicking, but I do not have a VIN for those.

Spread the word as much as you can. I know the 365 will have a registry fitting its heritage soon!

Sincerely,
    Stefano

365gtfr and readplays like this.
  2. Bowzer

Bowzer Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2016
    MALTA
    Full Name:
    Marcus
    Grazie
    Marcus :)

3. Napoli365

Napoli365 Karting

Jul 25, 2019
    Full Name:
    Stefano Caretti
    Marcel,

just seen your reply. Thank you (I still cannot fully navigate this so I had missed it). I will be happy to pm you on the subject if you want. The question had been posed in light of the Registry (you had posted a picture of the Tom H. Ferrari 365 GT 2+2 you took.) Also, we are trying to get the registry off the ground...but it is slow going. Would it be o.k. for me to pick your brain on how to go about it in a more effective way?

Sincerely,
    Stefano
    [email protected]

4. 365man

365man Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2007
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Rick
  5. 12659

12659 Formula Junior

Oct 6, 2005
    Seattle WA. USA
    Full Name:
    mark
    I'm not very tech savvy: But it seems like the thing to do is find out what the total production serial numbers are then fill in the blanks by serial number as information becomes available. Marcel might be of some help here....

6. Bowzer

Bowzer Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2016
    MALTA
    Full Name:
    Marcus
    That's very easy 800 +1 ( guess the 1 is the prototype )

7. 365gtfr

365gtfr Karting

Dec 8, 2016
    France
    hello Napoli, you also have to take into account those that have been transformed, for example I just found them. The serial number is mentioned. I have the impression that a number of them have been used as a basis for conversions.

s/n 11967 :
    https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/16671/lot/222/?category=list

8. rcatkins

rcatkins Rookie

Aug 8, 2012
    Reno, NV
    Full Name:
    Bob Hamilton
    Correct, 11199 is in Reno now, still black with Red interior, has a recent engine rebuild and is now rolling on Borranis.

9. Napoli365

Napoli365 Karting

Jul 25, 2019
    Full Name:
    Stefano Caretti
    Hello there,

I would love to see a picture or two of your restored car. I am trying to put together a registry for 365 gt 2+2 and I am collecting as much information as I can on these cars.

Sincerely,

Stefano

Bowzer and Deemeyere Wim like this.
  10. Dtrapp

Dtrapp Rookie

Feb 28, 2021
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Full Name:
    David M Trapp II
    Are you still working on your registry? I have 12483 here in Lexington, recently acquired from San Diego and currently going through renovations!

David

11. Napoli365

Napoli365 Karting

Jul 25, 2019
    Full Name:
    Stefano Caretti
    David,

congratulations. That was a fine specimen and I am glad you are wanting to add to its quality and preservation. Yes, the list is still "on-going" please see attached (eventually...it will be on line). Please bear in mind that I would love to get pictures of the renovations and any other information you may have on the car (that was not listed on its for sale ad).

Sincerely,

Stefano

Attached Files:

Bowzer likes this.
  12. Dtrapp

Dtrapp Rookie

Feb 28, 2021
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Full Name:
    David M Trapp II
    Stefano,
    Thanks for the list! I thought I saw someplace a form that I could fill out for your list. If you could forward that to me I’ll be happy to do it and include a few pictures! I’m still on the look for some details on the electric box underneath the hood for the fans. I am trying to reverse a lot of damage done by a previous repair!
    Thanks,
    David
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

JP365, colombo2cam and Bowzer like this.
  13. Bowzer

Bowzer Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2016
    MALTA
    Full Name:
    Marcus
    Thank you Stefano :)

14. Napoli365

Napoli365 Karting

Jul 25, 2019
    Full Name:
    Stefano Caretti
    Love the picture! Seems that the family is having fun. Good for you! I second your quest. These cars should be maintained original (no improvements and changes to equipment). There are a good number of options for replacement parts, including https://www.autoepoca.it/.

Attached is the questionnaire. We can also email; [email protected].

Attached Files:

15. drew365

drew365 Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    The Valley, L.A.
    Full Name:
    Andy Ritter
    I don't come here as much as I used to. I just posted these pics on another thread and then found this one. I've owned #12751 since 1987. It had 49k miles when I bought it and now has 75k. It was Black W/Tan interior when I bought it. We gave it a bare metal refinish and new interior about three years ago. According to Marcell, the original color was Blue Tourbillon w/Blue interior. Since we can't spray the original formulations here in CA, we took a piece of metal that we found with the original color and matched it as best we could. I loved the Black / Tan, but the Blue / Blue just makes my heart skip every time that I look at it. These cars are great grand touring cars, and I've enjoyed it out on the open road for the majority of miles that I've put on it. Lots of great memories from the last 34 years! I was looking for a Dino when I found this one and as much as I love the Dino, I'm not sorry about buying this instead. That V12 just makes the radio seem unnecessary.

BJK, rossodino, Bowzer and 3 others like this.
  16. Napoli365

Napoli365 Karting

Jul 25, 2019
    Full Name:
    Stefano Caretti
    Drew,
    thank you for the fantastic information and the pictures. I did see some pictures of the car in black (from 2001) and most definitely the current color combination stunning.
    Sincerely,
    Stefano

Attached Files:

drew365 likes this.
  17. Bowzer

Bowzer Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2016
    MALTA
    Full Name:
    Marcus
    One day these cars will rise from the price ashes due to their driving manners and comfort. And after all, only 801 built

readplays likes this.
  18. Napoli365

Napoli365 Karting

Jul 25, 2019
    Full Name:
    Stefano Caretti
    Agreed. In my opinion, the model is one of the last of the real Ferrari built.