Enclosed transport from Phoenix to Palm Beach | FerrariChat

Enclosed transport from Phoenix to Palm Beach

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by enio45, Oct 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    my customer wants to send his just completed GTC to Cavallino this coming Jan 2022.

I contacted Reliable transport and Intercity and both have said they will not have trucks heading that way in time for the florida show - seems the scottsdale car auctions are immediately following cavallino and the trucks will be heading to phoenix vs going the other way......

anyhow - this surprised me - so looking for other options, other carriers etc........

Let me know :-(

2. 308Dadoo

308Dadoo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2010
    Aliso Viejo CA
    Full Name:
    David
    Try Procar.

3. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Last time I took a clients car, which I had just finished a "COMPLETE" restoration on, to FL (Amelia Island), I just bought a good quality (lightly used) enclosed trailer, made several improvements for it, hauled it myself and charged the client same rate as couple of best national carriers had quoted.
    I initially had planned to sell it right after that trip, but ended up keeping it for another 10 years, during which I used it few times a year to haul other client jobs to Monterey etc. and ended up selling it for more than I had originally paid for 10 years earlier. Go figure.

Just earlier this week I had talks with couple of clients about displaying Daytonas at the next Cavallino, but concluded it's probably not worth the time and effort.
    We might take one or two to Monterey next year, although most shows up there seem less than great anymore and perhaps not worth the effort either.

turbo-joe likes this.
  4. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Yep, we have a two car hauler and a single car hauler. for the past 6 yrs or so, we generally haul them but this yr we wanted to just arrive when the car get there, do what we have to do and have it shipped back. Dont want to do lots of road time this year with the hauling.

Ill ck procar - see where this goes.....

our pebble trip this yr!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

readplays likes this.
  5. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    why not drive the car on the own axle?
    a car is for driving, not to get tranported except it is broken

TTR likes this.