Vintage Dino Dealer sign or fake? | FerrariChat

Vintage Dino Dealer sign or fake?

Discussion in '206/246' started by Dino Club Germany, Oct 31, 2021.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dino Club Germany

Dino Club Germany Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2008
    Germany
    Full Name:
    N. Schumacher

Attached Files:

2. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Looks like the real deal to me. Price?

3. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

I don't know about the external sign itself, but the internals/electrics look pretty late 60's early 70's vintage. Does it have ceramic wire nuts, or plastic?

D

4. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Looks old from the photos especially the rust in the top frame, the fly lead is definately modern as it has the blue / brown wiring. Early cables up to 2006 were red / black..

5. pshoejberg

pshoejberg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2007
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Peter H
    It is so difficult to determine the originality of these signs unless you are an expert and have the sign at hands. But what I have noticed from my many visits to parts markets this summer is that the numbers of auto brand signs for sale have increased significantly. A majority are clearly new produced and mounted in old frames and light casings to make them look original. It is so easy and cheap to produce good copies of signs now a days that many feels tempted to make a little business out of it. I would rather produce my own signs knowing they are fake than pay big $ for something that's doubtful.

Best, Peter

6. npwmd2

npwmd2 Karting

Mar 31, 2015
    Hudson Valley
    Full Name:
    Neal
    Price should dictate your purchase! If inexpensive 200 bucks take a shot, if expensive 1000 bucks maybe not!

7. Dino Club Germany

Nov 10, 2008
    Germany
    Full Name:
    N. Schumacher
  8. Dino Club Germany

Nov 10, 2008
    Germany
    Full Name:
    N. Schumacher
    Your warnings were valid and saved me to buy for > 1200 Euro a fake dealer sign :(

The one on Ebay.UK has for sure an old vitage housing included cables, labels etc.
    The front show signs of UV wear out and it´s condition fits to the frame.
    On mine the front looks like new while the frame has rust from beeing outsider for a long time.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    My dealer sign which was sold in teh auction as well as the old one below has only a silver frame inside the blue frame, the fake one has silver in-. and outside the blue.
    Only by 2nd view I recognized the differences on the "Dino" itself , especially how the "o" ends !

franmort, technom3, swift53 and 3 others like this.