P7 | FerrariChat

P7

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Longstone Tyres, Oct 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Longstone Tyres

Longstone Tyres Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
  2. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
  3. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    They are making them again, but they have not the same profile anymore as in the 80ties

Last year I needed new tyres and I wanted to have a classic look so I ordered "GoodYear efficient grip performance" 205/50 r16 front and 225/55 r16 rear. The road behavior is splendid!

I choose for 55 instead of 50 so that I have a more comfortable ride at 60MPH (lower refs)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Jeka likes this.
  4. Longstone Tyres

Longstone Tyres Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    The problem with these modern tyres is the garish side wall designs. they dont look like they did in the day.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

I noticed the difference in sizing that in period Bridgestone were listing 225/55 and Pirellis period fitment was 225/50-16 which did seem odd.

https://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/tyres/225-50-16/225-50yr16-pirelli-cinturato-p7-n4.html

The good news is that the Pirelli that is currently available is the correct period thing. But yep agreed that extra bit of heighth will give slightly longer legs and a bit more comfort.