Hello and hoping to join the club! | FerrariChat

Hello and hoping to join the club!

Discussion in '348/355' started by DASV8, Nov 1, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DASV8

DASV8 Rookie

Aug 11, 2020
    Dublin, OH
    Full Name:
    Eric C.
    Figured I’d finally say hello before posting my WTB in the classifieds. Joined well over a year ago when I was starting my search and researching F355 GTS’s. Then we kind of “happened” into a much bigger house and now that my Ferrari budget is built back up… I’m looking at 348 TS’s as F355 GTS’s have gone ballistic.

I just had one sold out from under me so getting very serious now.

About me, I’m a gear head that’s played with and raced BMWs for years. Typical child of the 80’s who was car crazy and is now chasing the dream of turning an Italian poster into real life.

I work in the tech space as an automotive engineer and enjoy getting my hands dirty in the garage, although I am not looking for a project with this purchase (I have plenty of those already!).

Appreciate any leads on 348/355 targas and looking for a very well kept driver in exceptional condition. I like to think I’m very well versed in quirks and common issues across the platform now.

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Welcome to the party.

No finer owner enthusiasts than all these represented in the 348, F355 section.

Robb

3. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    Welcome aboard! 348 is definitely an engineer's car. Several of us are in that profession...

Any particular color combo you're looking for?

sjd

4. DASV8

DASV8 Rookie

Aug 11, 2020
    Dublin, OH
    Full Name:
    Eric C.
    This being my first F-Car… Rosso Corso over tan

5. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    Good call! I've got Rosso and Nero. I'd LOVE grigio, but it'd have to be a euro car, or an '89. I love normal seatbelts.

sjd

bjwhite likes this.
  6. DASV8

DASV8 Rookie

Aug 11, 2020
    Dublin, OH
    Full Name:
    Eric C.
    So interestingly, I bid on the ‘89 Rosso over Nero on BaT. The winning bidder backed out and I was connected with the seller. We chatted and I decided to pass as it appears a solid driver but I’m looking for something a little more polished, and prefer the tan. Willing to pay up for the right one. That’s when I started pursuing another car I was looking at and had a flight to fly in and buy tomorrow AM but found out it sold today. Bummer.

7. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Rosso is fine, but man don't do tan. haha. I'll never understand how folks think that's the "classic go to" color. :)

Then again, given my color combo, what the hell do I know? ;)

8. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    There was a gorgeous grigio on red car here a few years ago. The owner did some, uhm, custom touches to it. Tinted lights and grey wheels and stuff if I remember right.

Before he did all of that I loved the grigio on red, same color combo as my 400i.

steved033 likes this.
  9. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    There was a stunner of a Grigio/Grigio that got bought recently and interior changed to burgundy. (Not my car, so I'll keep my opinion to myself). When I was first looking, there was a blu sera/Grigio car that I should have bought... that grey interior is so awesome.

sjd

10. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Good man! Best of luck. I just love mine and I love working on it.

11. DASV8

DASV8 Rookie

Aug 11, 2020
    Dublin, OH
    Full Name:
    Eric C.
    Appreciate the warm welcome!

12. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    PM'd you.

sjd

13. Culprit

Culprit Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 4, 2011
    Santa Ana, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian
    Nice! Enjoy the hunt. First time I sat in an F355 was at the Toy barn in Dublin.

DASV8 likes this.
  14. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Yeah, I commented in his thread on that one. He used the 355 style color burgundy and not the 348 proper red. Wouldn't have been my choice, I prefer the true red.

I remember that blu sera/grey car. Was on eBay for a while. I tend to notice all blu 348s as mine is blu sera.

steved033 likes this.
  15. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    I'm partial to grigio/red too . . .
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

bjwhite, Ferrarium and steved033 like this.
  16. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Oh Ira! My heart! ;)

Wish I could be the next caretaker of that gorgeous car.

17. Zamboniman308

Zamboniman308 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2020
    Chicago IL
    If you include the 355 spider, you can maybe score a better value. Trading lower, seems to be more inventory, still 100% 355.

18. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Can’t beat Blue Chiaro over Crema, mines for sale, shame it’s on the other side of the pond!!

Likely regret selling; as it’s a great drivers car. Picture just because we all like pictures!!!

Good luck in your search.

steved033, GTO Joe and JOHNCJ8989 like this.
  19. DASV8

DASV8 Rookie

Aug 11, 2020
    Dublin, OH
    Full Name:
    Eric C.
    Does it ever see any track time? Simply gorgeous. Aside from some low speed laps in a Cayman, all my track experience is FR layout and I wouldn't be able to own one without getting a taste...

20. DASV8

DASV8 Rookie

Aug 11, 2020
    Dublin, OH
    Full Name:
    Eric C.
    Stunning! If you were on the right side of the pond and your steering wheel was on the proper side we'd be seriously talking :)

A348W likes this.
  21. DASV8

DASV8 Rookie

Aug 11, 2020
    Dublin, OH
    Full Name:
    Eric C.
    Very valid point and one I have contemplated. The F355 Spyder is beautiful and you get the open air sound of that sonorous engine, but I think I'd be compromising too much on what I wanted originally. I've actually come around on the 348 TS and is now a front runner. Of course I wouldn't kick a SS or CH out of bed!

22. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    THANKS to you both. Yes, it's a Factory Challenge car that ran the Ferrari Challenge Series in '94 and '95 before being relegated to track day duty. I rarely drive it, but it'll be on track at Sebring next Tuesday and Wednesday at the FCA Annual Meet if all goes to plan.

DASV8 and GTO Joe like this.
  23. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    I bought mine from the UK, but luckily mine was originally delivered to Germany so is LHD. :)

DASV8 and A348W like this.