Help Change My Wife - windows down on a Spider, right?! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Help Change My Wife - windows down on a Spider, right?!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by DiamondDog, Oct 27, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Windows up with top down. She already put the hat on me to make me happy. She knows I like the top down so she wears a hat to protect her hair. She's compromising for me by wearing the hat, I'll compromise and keep the windows up. I'll throw the windows down when I run out to grab eggs later...

Turbopanzer likes this.
  2. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I couldn't afford that

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Hocakes likes this.
  3. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    I always leave the windows up in my 458 spider.

4. Turbopanzer

Turbopanzer F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    Ahhh...i see you did the cost/benefit analysis. You just couldn't make the numbers crunch! :p

5. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    That is just begging for an inappropriate comment :D

DiamondDog likes this.
  6. dodici

dodici Karting

Mar 24, 2007
    Bay Area, CA.
    Full Name:
    Dale
    Hindsight is always 20-20 but I think that for those contemplating marriage, this is a question that should be asked and the answer considered before asking the BIG question, not after.

AtomicPunk88 and DiamondDog like this.
  7. Nafiz Ali Khan

Nafiz Ali Khan Karting

Jul 19, 2006
    Phoenix
    For anyone not married, don’t follow that advice if you’re dating… lol

Windows down, tie her hair. Tie her hands

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

IloveGT and DiamondDog like this.
  8. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

^ I'm sure this is intended as a joke, but it does tacitly promote violence toward women or at a minimum some kind of unwelcome subjugation.

In my personal opinion, neither this thread nor FerrariChat needs that type of post.

9. Nafiz Ali Khan

Nafiz Ali Khan Karting

Jul 19, 2006
    Phoenix
    It’s tongue in cheek…. But the underlying message is drive the way you want and she will enjoy it and you more. You have to live a little and not be boring. I even drive windows up in my convertibles time to time.

Not talking violence. Not sure how you came to that conclusion.

This and that post was not a personal attack to you… or your advice…

Fifty Shades of Grey is the perfect example of how girls like being tied up…. They like it when you bring adventure/excitement/uncertainty in the bedroom and even life.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

10. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    I was also going to suggest an Hermes scarf buying trip.

I've been through this with my wife. She'll go along with top down as long as I give her notice of that intention so she can bring along a scarf. However, I usually only put the windows down in city driving; as the speeds increase to highway speeds, the windows come up.

ralfabco likes this.
  11. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    A Hermes scarf will do the trick.

12. DiamondDog

DiamondDog Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2021
    Orange County, CA
    Just thought every one should know that this post was done in fun. I have read every response to my wife. We are actually keeping score and she will say "that one for me in keeping the windows up" She laughed at so many of the replies. Thank you all for that!

We could only be so lucky to have "put the windows up or down in or Ferrari Spider" as the only issues we face as a couple. This thread has allowed us to put perspective on a lot of things we face.

She said "It doesn't really matter, I got a Hermes scarf out of this"

And although the windows won't always be down, I guarantee that will be down more than before I read her all your replies.

So thank you for that as well

bball16 and jm2 like this.
  13. Jumprun

Jumprun Karting

Feb 7, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    T. Martinez
    Have her wear a scarf, but shorter than Isadora Duncan’s

Julia and DiamondDog like this.
  14. Spezia

Spezia Karting

Dec 15, 2019
    Full Name:
    John Weires
    THIS SOUNDS LIKE A VARIANT OF THE TOILET SEAT UP OR DOWN ARGUMENT.

Be glad your wife consented to letting your buy a FERRARI in the first place. Make sure she is comfortable.

15. Julia

Julia F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 22, 2014
    Houston
    I've owned convertibles since I was 14 years old. At first I was always "windows down if top is down, otherwise your car looks stupid". But now that I'm older, I have decided "if it's not fun, why do it?" So if I'm lazily tootling around town on a warm day, and it's pleasant to have the windows down, I do that. If I need to go on the highway and the wind is cold or too windy, I put them up. And if someone else has a problem with that, that's their issue. :D

I find the wind management in my F355 spider is really good. Perhaps those 1800 hours in a wind tunnel while in the design phase had something to do with that. Top down/windows up at highway speeds only gives enough of a breeze to waft my hair a bit.

jm2 likes this.
  16. Fangio5

Fangio5 Rookie

Mar 10, 2012
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Something to think about. A few years back me and my wife were driving down a two lane road in our 328 GTS with the windows about one quarter down. An oncoming car suddenly spit out a rock and hit the side window very very hard. If the windows were down there may have been a serious injury. If we're driving at speed now we always keep the windows mostly up.

17. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    and you are whining about her window up or down, and she likes sport cars and exhaust note!? dude you have no idea how lucky you are and other people's wives are. Occasionally we have thread about how to convince my wife to allow me a ferrari.

18. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    and then....?

19. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Top down and windows up, 90% of the time for me. It keeps the turbulence down and with the length of her hair it will end up in a knot with the windows down.

At the end of the day, is this the hill you want to die on? If it is, there may be more trouble than this. When she's in the car, make her happy. When you are by yourself, do what you want. If you don't take care of the former, you may end up with the latter... permanently.

20. DiamondDog

DiamondDog Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2021
    Orange County, CA
    This post was done in fun. I planned on and did read all the replies to her and I would say, "that's one for you" and we would keep score. She enjoyed all he replies and we laughed as we went through them

I bought her a Hermes scarf. Although she was mortified when I asked to look at a Birkin bag. Apparently you have to be invited to even look at it.

The end result, a win for both of us. She gets a scarf and a chuckle from the replies and the windows won't always be down, but probably a little more often than before.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

21. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

458, 488, F8, all coupes, windows tinted and up 99% of the time. My car, my world.

22. Turbopanzer

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    #47 Turbopanzer, Nov 10, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2021
    Nice to hear. She's a good sport! Certainly has a good sense of humour. Treat her well and both of you enjoy your time together! May happiness find both of you every day.

Keep her miles down. You will get more at trade!:p

DiamondDog likes this.
  23. DiamondDog

DiamondDog Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2021
    Orange County, CA
    As the victim of a previous divorce, I can attest this is not true. Even the lower mileage younger models can take you for a lot of money!

24. Turbopanzer

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    Hence the reason Panzer's bachelor status remains intact. Learning from others is a wise thing. Failing to act in kind, even wiser. It is why I keep the cash and prizes and advanced to the bonus round. I am hoping to be the next contestant on the "1.98 Beauty Pageant!
    :D