2020 F40 Icona ...Its Coming, Get Excited!!!! | Page 27 | FerrariChat

2020 F40 Icona ...Its Coming, Get Excited!!!!

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by FerrariFR33458, Mar 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    I suspect many top clients order models they don’t even want so as to maintain their status and be guaranteed the cars they do want. Sounds like the Monza may have caused a few to jump off the wagon and gamble that it won’t set them back when Icona 2 arrives.

elmadi and of2worlds like this.
  2. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Those who didn't bite on the 'buy something else to get a 812 GTS' ultimately prevailed as more GTS allocations became 'available' much later on.
    However the 812C aperta seems the real prize choice with fewer available than both the Icona I and Icona II series models.

3. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    elmadi, snowboy458, of2worlds and 4 others like this.
  4. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    Now who can identify that gearchange grille?? Then it's mystery solved.

FWIW it doesn't seem to exactly match a 330 P4's (based on a very quick Google search).

5. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    TheF1BOB, elmadi, ShineKen and 2 others like this.
  6. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    Good work (with a risk)!:D But do you believe that they will return to the so called "teardrop design" for the front lights? As you know the current design of the front-lights goes in the horizontal (and not vertical) direction.

7. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    Not correct. There are 599 812 C Aperta vs 499 SP1/2 combined

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

8. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Yes 599 for the aperta version 812C. Thank you for the correction on my error!

9. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
  10. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Thanks—glad you like it.

Based on recent designs, I would guess against the teardrop design. I just did it that way as I was trying to capture the 330 headlight shape, simplified and integrated to the character lines off my design, though probably not the most original design.

Reposting the drawing with a pic taken in brighter lighting as the pic in the first post was too sombre:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    official confirmation, but......
    Company CEO Benedetto Vigna broke the news during the company’s third-quarter results call with investors, according to Automotive News Europe. The new Icona wasn’t supposed to arrive until 2022. The reason for the schedule change? CFO Antonio Picca Piccon said, “the move was triggered by the strong customer needs for a new Icona, which we felt the responsibility to satisfy.”
    https://www.motor1.com/news/545259/new-ferrari-icona-debuts-november/

611LW, merstheman, snowboy458 and 4 others like this.
  12. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    a very artful effort there perhaps to a fault. I don't think the real Icona2 will be as curvaceous unfortunately. If it really does have the curves they are well hidden on the prototypes floating around Maranello... :)

13. treynor

treynor Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Speaking personally, I would have bought a Monza in a heartbeat save for the fact that it was not homologated for the USA. Buying a road car I could never drive was hard to countenance, and since my wife and I are drivers, not collectors, ...

JagShergill, 456-boy and of2worlds like this.
  14. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    That really surprised me as well, that Ferrari would 'sell' a car that didn't meet FMVSS regulations.

But I was recently informed that there is a 'fix' that will allow Monza owners to legally drive their cars for a low annual milage on public roads. I was curious as to what modifications were necessary to pass the various legal hurdles.

of2worlds and crinoid like this.
  15. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Yes. I suppose the people that did buy them I guess are using the “show or display” statute ...?

16. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Probably has a lot more to do with evolving EU regulations as Icona2 production will likely continue into 2024 (and may not even start until then) and maybe even 2025 and some rules are changing that will affect "cars continuing production" as well as those entering "first production" during that time, so something in the either the drivetrain and/or chassis would require modifications to comply so they have to "hurry up" else lose the opportunity and have to add development costs+time or perhaps cancel if the required changes are too difficult to incorporate

17. Lcawley

Lcawley Karting

Nov 16, 2011
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Lance C. Cawley
    Same story here almost exactly, even mentioned my that my wife would never ride in the Monza, hoping to get the new Icona.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

18. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I agree. "Customer needs" is going a bit too far IMO....

snowboy458 and JTSE30 like this.
  19. bwshihtzu

bwshihtzu Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2014
    Arizona
    Any concern that you won't get an allocation for the upcoming Icona without the reported by some required prior ownership of a Monza?

of2worlds likes this.
  20. treynor

treynor Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ben
    I don't buy Ferraris because I'm hoping to get an allocation for a future Ferrari - I buy them because I love them, I love driving them, and I love participating in the Ferrari events like Corse Clienti. I figure that Ferrari management will make allocations available to the clientele that suits their brand and their business, and if I represent the sort of customer they want for the Icona, I'll get an opportunity to buy one. If not - I'll be sad for a bit, but life will go on and I'll enjoy some future car instead.

Mkeeg12, [gTr], Caeruleus11 and 9 others like this.
  21. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    With that being said…Have you received an invitation from Ferrari for the incoming Icona.

22. mycatisholdingmehostage

Jan 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    Alex
    That’s a shame because there was never really any doubt the car would have become drivable legally (and indeed it is). All we needed was to wait for end of production before it would qualify (to ensure less than 500 were built).

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

23. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    If as Mr Massini suggests they make 700 cars, there will be quite a few cars for non-Monza buyers. The first round of invitations have indeed gone to Monza owners and I would be surprised if many turn the invitation down (perhaps those that already sold their cars wont get one). I know several major collectors that didn’t buy the Monza and didn’t get an invitation, but I think they will get a car in the end

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

24. aobao1993

aobao1993 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2017
    Not November? Next year?

25. maximilien

maximilien Formula Junior

Apr 27, 2005
    Capitale of Europe
    Full Name:
    Massimo
    What is your question? New icona became in mid-November this year