GTS Tailor Made Advice | FerrariChat

GTS Tailor Made Advice

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Lagunae92, Nov 2, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Hi all, I have an appointment that I am doing over zoom with my dealer for a TM GTS. Likely will be blu elettrico (or a comparable mica blue of some sort)with a silver heritage stripe, but I am struggling with interior choices. I like the diamond quilted coverings for the transmission tunnel sides as well as under the CF kick plates. Below are some inspirations that I've found, but if anyone has any ideas please share. Colors I am considering are more of a cognac, Bordeaux, or even blue in a technical fabric. Of course there are a million combinations, and themes I've considered were honoring the Daytona Spider, or keeping it rather classic in spec because I will likely keep this car. That being said, it is not an every day car for me, and I want it to be an experience to be in it, from all senses. Anyways, just thought I'd throw it out there.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

ryalex and forstephan like this.
  2. nmcclure

nmcclure Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2014
    TX
    cognac with that blue! I'm not sure the "technical fabrics" will age as well. I have them in cars, and to be honest, wish they were leather. My new FGT is covered in it, and its the one thing I don't like about that car.

Lagunae92 likes this.
  3. BtvFerrari

BtvFerrari Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2020
    The Netherlands
    Here are some pictures of interiors of TM cars. Maybe it can be of any help for the spec.

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Hertitage Blu Profondo leather
    Credit: @rmg.autos (on Instagram)

Heritage Ghianda leahter with Heritage Nera leather inserts
    Credit: @Ferrari (on Instagram)

Heritage Mahogany leather
    Credit: @louish.photography (on Instagram)

Heritage Bordeaux leather
    Credit: @nathanlovesbacon (on Instagram)

Conolly Bordeaux leather with Kvadrat Foss 692
    Credit: @michael_neamonitakis (on Instagram)

Arredo Ricca Camoscio leather with Kvadrat Remix 2
    Credit: Bavaria Motors (bavaria.motors on Instagram)

Good luck with speccing the GTS

4. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    I did a zoom Tailor Made appointment and it was an interesting experience. The Tailor Made team did a good job and messaged me pictures and videos of colours etc. throughout the process. I have to say, for me, it didn’t work via zoom and I’m waiting for a factory appointment now that they are open - was offered one in the first two weeks of November at short notice but with quarantine etc. that just didn’t work. Will try again in the new year.

5. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    It's not ideal, but all I can muster at this point. Next time I'll get to NY at least, though not sure why we don't have one in LA...

6. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Really surprised you don’t have one in LA. I can see why they have on the East coast given that’s where Ferrari’s importing infrastructure is but given the car culture in LA I’m surprised they’re not there.

7. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    For technical fabric, depends what you’re looking for. In my Superfast I went with Peccary which is the same as Schumacher used on his F1 seats. It really has amazing grip - you won’t move around at all. It depends on the style of interior you’re going for. There are pictures in the 812 GTB thread somewhere - that was also Tailor Made.

8. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    I imagine they will eventually.

9. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    I think for something like Blu Electrico, a brighter/warmer brown such as cognac or Couio Toscano would be suitable since on the colour scale blue is opposite to orange, instead of Bordeaux (I think Bordeaux better suits darker blues). Really so many options to explore! I think heritage mahogany could be a good starting point...Maybe ask if there is a more interesting version of Cuoio Toscano?

Lagunae92 likes this.
  10. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Yeah, I agree on the Bordeaux color. Even a brighter red may work, but I like the reddish brown coloring. I imagine they will have some ideas at TM.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

11. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    Some very nice examples there.

BtvFerrari likes this.
  12. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Those heritage leathers are amazing..I’d have a very difficult time choosing a favorite.

JagShergill, Lagunae92 and BtvFerrari like this.
  13. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    #13 ScottS, Nov 3, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
    It is an amazing experience. I thought I was going Heritage Mahogany but ended up with Bordeaux….

Here is one of my favorites from the PROGRAMMA ALLESTIMENTI SPECIALI. I have a copy from 2018. DM me and I can send it to you. It has amazing choices. Too many!
    This combines some of your ideas- color is optional.

Look at the posts from @ppg70- Pier has them on the picture thread but the subtleties and overall spec makes me wish I did it after I saw his. Full disclosure I have studied his option plate to see what I missed. Wow

There is much here to study- vents in CDF or other Matt colors, steering wheels wrapped in leather with LEDs but not carbon, Matt carbon vs colored cf options. I went for Daytona/Classic look as you suggested but there are options. Note how the vertical lines really set the car off and hark back to the pre-Daytona seats of classic Ferraris.

Inspiration from the Vinaccia LaFerrari at Sothebys. Pelle Chiodi Di Garofano or “Clove” colored. Not Heritage but Pelle and that makes it different for TM in 2021.

Everyone focuses on the seats and leather. Do not forget the option on the carpet. I went with black ultra suede and there are many cool options. Others can make suggestions as there are scattered comments in the various threads about technical and other non carpet options for the “carpet” areas.

Lastly, agree on the technical fabrics. The hold up well, but don’t age as well ten years on - as opposed to leather which ages beautifully.

Lagunae92 likes this.
  14. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    F2003-GA, ScottS and Schultz like this.
  15. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Thanks for the info. Yes, PPG's is stunning. I am considering Magma as well, and since I plan to keep it forever, maybe red is the way to go. I have a Rosso Maranello 812, and it's nearly a perfect color. Was just looking to change it up a bit, but....red for a lifelong Ferrari is tempting. I do plan on going in and either painting much of the aluminum interior, or doing all CF. Thought blue CF would be neat int he sun with the open top, but will have to look at which color leather I go with first. I'm very excited, and likely will be changing my mind until the last minute!

JagShergill likes this.
  16. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Those that have done TM can you share the option cost of the leather you have selected? I am doing a TM soon and considering Pelle Nest Malachite as my interior. Thanks

17. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    My seats, lower dash, and arm rests only in Count Prestige Reddish Brown were about $17k give or take and the Poltroon Frou Furniture leather diamond stitched in carpet areas was $16k. This is on top of the cost that's standard to change the leather or alcantara.

18. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Ouch!! Thank you for the information.

19. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Not sure why it was autocorrected to poltroon…lol

20. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Also, for example, the full electric seats are $7500 or so, and then on top of that another $11k for the different seat design, then the leather of choice on top of that. It cascades pretty quickly.

21. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    When I get the pricing back and if it’s outrageous I may just start over and pass on TM.
    Thank you for all the input.

22. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Oh, I'm sure it tickles!

23. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    For both my 812s I have the race seats covered in Peccary. Peccary is the material Schumacher had in his race cars - the grip is unbelievable. They are the most comfortable seats I’ve had even on long drives (400+km). Peccary is only available via TM so you might give that a look - also give race seats a look as opposed to the comfort ones. Happy to provide pictures if you’d like.

24. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    That’s great!

Please send some photos.

25. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand