Sold - 2011 458 Italia | FerrariChat

Sold 2011 458 Italia

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Gambler360, Oct 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gambler360

Gambler360 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Wake Forest,NC
    Full Name:
    Jonathan scoggins
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Priced at 200k. Hands down my favorite Ferrari that I’ve owned. Oil service just competed Oct 25. by foreign cars. Transmission was replaced by Taurino Racing due to metal in the pan. Belts and pulleys were all replaced at the same time. I guess 2011 was known for having gearbox issues. This was completed at approx 16,500 miles. 3M film on front and rear view mirrors. Headliner replaced replaced as well once it finally came undone like they all do. All services have been kept up to date and I have the records. Car has never been tracked. Tires only have 1k miles on them. I have owned the car for 6 years. Hit me up if you have any other questions or concerns.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

SeeingRed likes this.
  2. jsh458ft

jsh458ft Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2020
    PA
    Options list? Parking sensors or camera?

Monteman likes this.
  3. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    Front lift?

4. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    You can see In Picture 5 it has the front lift button, so yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Gambler360

Gambler360 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Wake Forest,NC
    Full Name:
    Jonathan scoggins
    Yes the car has the front lift, parking sensors and reverse camera. Sorry for the delay. I’m not getting email notifications for some reason.

6. Gambler360

Gambler360 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Wake Forest,NC
    Full Name:
    Jonathan scoggins
    Here are the options along with other relevant things with the car:

Daytona Seats
    Carbon dash
    Carbon center console
    Carbon steering wheel
    Homelink
    Reverse camera
    Parking sensors
    Gun metal grey rims with black calipers
    Original car cover along with interior seat covers with carrying bag
    Front lift
    Battery tender
    All tools and manuals
    Service records
    Brand new serpentine belt as well as brand new pulleys at 16,500 miles
    New spark plugs at 16,500 miles

*car was maintained by Foreign Cars Italia of Greensboro, Taurino Racing (gear box replacement and belt service with pulley replacement), and Carolina Exotic Car Club (oil changes and inspections)

7. PMiranda

PMiranda Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Sorry if I missed it, but how many miles does it have now?
    Gorgeous car!

8. Gambler360

Gambler360 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Wake Forest,NC
    Full Name:
    Jonathan scoggins
    The current mileage is 17,700.

9. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Beautiful. At the moment, lots of car for $200K. Nice options and a fresh gearbox to boot! GLWS!

10. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    2011 not known for gearbox issues other than a gearbox sensor that can hit any model from 2010 - 2015 at any time. Metal in the pan sounds like you just got a bad tranny!
    Also you forgot to mention that 2010-2011 458's are the best sounding of all the years as long as no engine updates were done. 2012-2015 left the factory with an update that took most of the pops and burbles away from the exhaust sound. GLWS. This is a beautiful example.

AHudson and tres55 like this.
  11. NuorderSG

NuorderSG Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

#12 NuorderSG, Nov 4, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
    Gearbox Sensor issues are not as innocuous as they sound. Firstly, they are about $15K+ to repair at a Ferrari dealership if nothing else has been damaged in the process. Typically, when sensors fail then so do the seals and the clutch pack gets contaminated...and it's a new transmission regardless. Ferrari stopped doing sensor repairs for a while as the transmissions always came back. + Not to mention the shortage of Ferrari, factory qualified techs who could successfully do the repairs.

A new clutch pack is pretty much unobtainable....unless there is a connection to a racing team or VIP status at Ferrari ( think movie star, athlete, rapper, shiek, royalty, third world tyrant)

It's better to have the entire transmission/ e-diff assembly replaced. The sensor issues were eventually fixed and all Ferrari replacement transmissions have the newer sensors. Believe me, it's barely worth the trouble to tear open the transmission for a $1K sensor. Don't do it. Replace the entire transmission.

It's great that this car had the gearbox replaced. Less for the new owner to worry about and more enjoyment! I mean that in itself puts this car ahead of others with potentially ticking time bombs.

GLWS

12. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    I had a chance to communicate w/ Jonathan about his 458.. He genuinely seems like a nice and honest seller. Just want to pass that along.

Gambler360 and SeeingRed like this.
  14. Gambler360

Gambler360 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Wake Forest,NC
    Full Name:
    Jonathan scoggins
    The car has sold.

NuorderSG likes this.
  15. NuorderSG

NuorderSG Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

If you can help a fellow chatter here, did you sell via F-Chat or which other site? I am selling mine to put a deposit on another car early -'22. Thanks!!

16. Ryan English

Ryan English Rookie

Jul 20, 2020
    I am in the market for a 458 so please let me know what you are selling. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

17. NuorderSG

NuorderSG Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Plenty of 458s in the classifieds here in FChat, JustRed, Carfax, CarGurus, AutoTrader, BAT. Many are out there.... including a fabulous deal from Mr. Rincondi.

Not being coy, but browse around. You've been looking for a while starting with the F430s, find a car you love and go for it.