F430 Anyone in the Bay Area running Agency Power/Fabspeed/VR headers | FerrariChat

F430 Anyone in the Bay Area running Agency Power/Fabspeed/VR headers

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by carguy007, Oct 14, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. carguy007

carguy007 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2013
    Hey Guys - Anyone running these on a 430 in the Bay Area in which we could meet up and hear in person?

2. Nafiz Ali Khan

Nafiz Ali Khan Karting

Jul 19, 2006
    Phoenix
    I purchased the headers and blankets from them. Also had full setup with test pipe and x-pipe.

I will never again go with this company on any of my cars again. I won’t even buy a car with their stuff on it. They refused to honor the warranty on their blankets which degraded. I even read their hidden fine print and still they wouldn’t do it. They claimed it was because of oil spots. My F430 was tight. No leaks.

I did not like the way they made me waste time by contacting the shop that did the installation to have them do all the communication. I feel like it was a waste of money to go with them. What’s the point of paying a premium when they won’t stand by their products.

Sounded crazy but I’m sure you can get that with the other brands.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Hey Nafiz,

We are sorry that you feel this way. Heat blankets, of any variety, are a consumable good. They are designed to break down over time and continuous heat cycling, similar to brake pads, rotors, windshield wipers, etc.

We happily replace blankets that fail due to a manufacturing defect, but we cannot protect against user damage. As you can see in the photos below there is significant staining and damage to the blanket, we are not able to classify that as typical wear & tear.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. carguy007

carguy007 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2013
    Out of curiosity how long were the header blankets on @nafiz ? Fabspeed Is your position that the hot oil burned through the blankets and caused premature wear. The likely hood of never getting oil on the blankets is low and the oil pails in temperature to what the flanges are reaching. What caused this damage in your opinion? The blankets are affixed to the header and are not coming off and on. This may just be a bad batch of blankets. There is already quite a significant markup for blankets. How often are we supposed to get ripped off buying blankets under the guise they are a consumable item? How much mileage would you expect from one set of blankets?

5. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    This is more so a case of user-based cosmetic damage than it is a failure, which is why we are unable to warranty them. Typically customers get 5-10 years out of these blankets, the set on our shop 360, has probably 7 years/20k miles on them and they look the same as they did the day they were installed.

The tears/staining are not what we typically ever see when looking at cases of "failures". As you pointed out, standard use would assume these were installed once and left on. To our knowledge, there is nothing 'standard' that would interfere/cause the damage you are seeing on the outer wall of the blanket, outside of improper installation. Furthermore, If it was a case of failure, you would see evidence of a burn-through which you cannot.

6. carguy007

carguy007 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2013
    It seems very odd you can see oil spots right where the tears are. This looks like suspect quality. Putting them on an off would not cause this. I am very skeptical as I am sure others are.

7. Nafiz Ali Khan

Nafiz Ali Khan Karting

Jul 19, 2006
    Phoenix
    The headers were on for less than 7,000 miles. I am not sure how the blankets changed colors and my mechanics never mentioned anything about leaks on it. They were taken off the car to turn it back to stock for emissions purposes on sale.

@fabspeed It was not the cosmetics of the blankets after removal that concerned me. It was that they were tearing and the fabric seemed to have degraded in such a way at the tear point that it became brittle. I would have expected the product to have better fabric, stitching or at least be reinforced. As an exhaust part I expected it to have some durability. At the same time, I was not rough handling it when moving it around after it was removed.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. carguy007

carguy007 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2013
    Thanks for the clarification here. It is really a **** product. The headers as I said cost them less than $400 shipped to be made in China and I am sure it's another crazy mark up on the blankets. Last I looked it was around 5k to get both these from Fabspeed. They have plenty of margin they should have taken care of you. It also sounds like due to the poor quality of the blankets you don't really want to be removing them or risk tearing/damage.