Cavallino Classic - 2022 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Cavallino Classic - 2022

Discussion in 'Events Discussion' started by Rossocorsa1, Jun 22, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
  2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Saturday price is now $280.

JSinNOLA likes this.
  3. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    Looks like only one track day now. Thursday at the Concours Club. Better reserve your helicopter shuttle now! :) Hopefully this won't be the last year at the Breakers for the concours.

I was just going thru all my photos of the old tracks days. My God, what times those were! The cars and people on hand were incredible. At least I got to experience them. I still smile when I think of Mr. Caiola and all those epic cars.

Texas Forever likes this.
  4. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    SO there is nothing on Thursday anymore? I typically fly Thursday. Might just go to the Rev Institute again. Or visit some dealerships in Miami.

HotShoe likes this.
  5. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Seems to be Challenge cars only. I wonder if it's private as i dont see any tickets to purchase as spectator. As you said Cavallino was something else up to 2016.

HotShoe likes this.
  6. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    The REVS is a must do. You won’t be disappointed. Skip the Miami dealers.

amenasce and NYC Fred like this.
  7. 300GW/RO

300GW/RO Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    east end LI
    Full Name:
    Jack

Track Day as noted is Thursday 1/20/21 at The Concours Club (private). Cannot simply add Track Day to your list of chosen events as in years past...eg last year additional $300 "ala carte". This year, Track Day will cost you $5400....as it is "embedded" within the Ultra expensive Patron Package...w/c essentially grants admission to all scheduled events/dinners/parties Thursday-Sunday. Kicker is if you read the discloser, affords "the POSSIBILITY of driving YOUR Car on the track"...not a sure thing. So, a VIP Pass ($1800) will get you & your car on the Lawn Sat w/ entry to all Saturdays festivities, you cannot attend Track Day unless buy Patron level. This, imo, will keep Track Day participation to a minimum for guys that just want to have fun (drive their car on track). Keep in mind that Patron / VIP packs for SINGLE person (you); slight discount if buy 2. Can still buy single entry to Lawn on Saturday $280 and/or Sunday Mar-a-Largo ($480).

I am sure will be a terrific setting/food etc but a far cry from "the old days" as mentioned above. Its a GLAM New World. As Ira kindly noted, I attended Track Day last year which seems to have been the last Hur-Rah. The pricing structure casts doubt attending this year.
    Jack

Nembo1777 and amenasce like this.
  8. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    FYI, it’s also 67 miles one way from the Breakers using 95 south. That’s about an hour and a half drive depending on traffic. If there’s an accident (which happens often) it can take almost twice that long. It’s also a mess right now due to construction. :)

9. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Glad I got to live the best years of the CC, very sad to see it end this way.

Prices going crazy, event shoving out enthusiasts in favor of "lifestyle whales" track event far too far away from the Breakers...what next relocate to the Hard Rock hotel?!...Oh wait F1 is already going to be there. I guess nothing lasts forever.

audi_328, TTR and Marcel Massini like this.
  10. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Seems it is not possible to buy on-site (right at The Breakers) a single entry ticket for Saturday's Concours........
    Hmmm.

Marcel Massini

11. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I was there this April and as i understand the collection does not change much. Not sure i want to drive 200 miles again for the same cars (i saw the ones i wanted, being the F1, LM, 917, Alfa 8C, GT40s). The place is indeed amazing and the people are sooo friendly.

Would love to go check Prestige Import and Curated in Miami.

12. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Like this wasn't predictable*, even before the sale of the event ?
    While I never attended**, I heard about this ^^ already years ago.

*Just like many/most events in Monterey in last 5-10 years have morphed into these "lifestyle" parties.
    Oh well, like you said "nothing lasts forever".

** And based on what I've heard/seen, probably never will.

Nembo1777 likes this.
  13. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    In the 90's early 2000's the people at Prestige imports were the rudest most uneducated in the history of car sales and straight out of Scarface, 80's south Florida drug importation hub...

audi_328 likes this.
  14. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Don't you remember Morris Shirazi of Auto Toy Store and then the Aero Toy Store in Ft. Lauderdale?

Marcel Massini

Roadney, HotShoe and Nembo1777 like this.
  15. 300GW/RO

300GW/RO Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    east end LI
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Hi MM,
    No, NOT possible to buy on-site. Must pre-purchase via online or direct phone call.

16. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #41 Nembo1777, Nov 10, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2021
    Oh I certainly do, CF INITIAL Brooks Palm Beach 2001 auction catalog compared to what was missing at the auction... three of the cars he represented which I got signed up for the auction which he withdrew at the last second, a huge embarrassment for Brooks, Robert was seething and felt very lost in the savage new world... 333SP, Alesi F1 Ferrari and a very low mileage 412...but Shirazi compensated me afterwards when I banged hard on his office door two days later. Bernie Chase was in the the meeting with us: let's say he was a very good diplomat. Still, wild wild west...

17. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    Copy that.

I'd rather go to the REVS 100 times. I always find something different each time I go. Then again I'd rather look at legendary vintage cars than the usual dime a dozen Miami fare. :)

If you are ever here in early December you should check out the Toy Rally. They make a stop at the Fort Lauderdale Ferrari dealer around noon. They close off Federal Highway and the cars on hand is staggering if you like modern exotics. It's mind boggling the amount of exotics we have on hand. Lol, I live out west in the sticks and I swear I see at least one McLaren every day during my commute. Our cars and coffee regularly has over 1,000 cars on display.

DM me when you are in town for Cavallino and I'll get you in the annual local party with some cool, vintage cars. :)

18. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Cavallino in January 2022 now using The Concours Club track (no longer Moroso) at Opa-Locka Airport, about 1.5 hrs south of The Breakers (depending on traffic on I-95 it can be much more).
    And the ONLY WAY to be able to attend the Thursday Opa-Locka/Miami track event is if one buys the $5400 Patron Package! They refuse to separately sell a ticket for that.

https://cavallino2021.ticketspice.com/cavallino31-tickets-registration

Marcel Massini

19. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    See post #37
    :rolleyes:

20. DonB

DonB Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2003
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Don Bartz
    Say halo to my lil freeen

21. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

It sounds like they're running a membership drive. That is, running members out!

Nembo1777 likes this.
  22. tomd308

tomd308 Karting

Jun 10, 2006
    gainesville florida
    Full Name:
    thomas dukas
    Starting to look like I don't have enough gold chains to attend this event under
    the new management.

Nembo1777 and NYC Fred like this.
  23. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I always wonder why people every year start criticizing the organizers and the price of admission for this event. It's the most prestigious Ferrari only concours in the world, in Palm Beach, at the the Breakers. The isn't a Cars and Coffee in Kenosha. Regardless of its origins and what it may have been in the early 90's, today it's the best of the best. If you want to spend the day enjoying the finest Ferrari examples in a spectacular setting, all on one show field, most of which you can never observe anywhere else, this is the place to do it. Add to that, simple supply and demand. There are plenty who are more than happy to pay that admission price. The market determines everything. I think the pricing is more than reasonable. Lastly, this isn't a trashy, gaudy or flashy affair. It's pure class and elegance.

24. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Well, yet to be seen, but if history of most classic/exotic/etc car events/shows within past 30+ years is an indicator, after changing owners/organizers, they usually don’t improve. If anything, quite often opposite happens, but one can hope…

25. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Fair comment, but if Canoas’s other events are any indication, I’d be surprised if it becomes anything trashy. I suppose we’ll see. My experience, having attended and exhibited numerous times, is that’s it’s a very special event.