Lotus Emira | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Lotus Emira

Discussion in 'British' started by sainthoo, Jun 14, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    I wear size 13 shoes, but switch to size 11.5 Puma driving shoes to drive the Diablo, no problems with the pedals.

2. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Lots of inetrestunbg debate about the emira and prcing.
    If Lotus now makes a car that due to weight and size is not really a lotus in terms of lotus USP its now swiming in the same pond as others, is it a competitive product then. It also seems that many of those who have ordered the emira are not the usual lotus buyers, which is good, I agree with others that at under 100K this is a USP, once the price hits the same as others why lotus.

How can lotus mess it up, by chargign too much and lossing its USP witht his car. One oteyhr way to mess it up, keep crimping the 4cyl version The amg GLA 45s are 421 hp, there is no reason for the lotus car to be at 380.

As a serial lotus owner Im inetreted in the 4cyl car cause I need a lotus not a Gt, and the lighter 4cyl car mapped to 450 or 500hp will pro0vivde the pwoer t weigth ratio that makes this car inetresting in the 21st century context. As a lotus owner I woudl also expect the right shocks and brakes to work on track. Ie no fake sporty drilled rotors cause those suck and crack, ap brakes as your other serious acrs, and for that matter Ohlins shocks. In other words you'r actual core client base also needs a lotus to buy, not a fake sort of trackish car as so many others do. Lotus cred these days comes fromt rackdays where lotus is al0osta lways overepresented.

3. eurocg

eurocg Karting

Jun 14, 2019
    Florida
    Full Name:
    C
    To voice what others have said. Height is one concern. Clown shoes are another. (US15)

To be fair. I haven’t tried to shoehorn myself in one for quite some time. Might be worth a revisit as the Diablo was my poster car growing up.

Diablo VT Roadster would be amazing to look at in the garage if nothing else

I bounce around the idea of a Murci. But having had an f12 for a minute. I would probably add an f12 back for my v12 car. Loved how no one paid her any mind.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Shark01 likes this.
  4. nickorette

nickorette Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2017
    Canada
    Have a few other exotics in the stable with more power, but I actually like that it's around 400-415hp. It's a good number for a 6 speed and it's something I can wring out vs having to be more careful on the throttle with. For me it's not about speed it's about the other aspects it brings to the table that nobody else is currently doing other than the Cayman. But tall gearing, and the 911 inferiority complex always steer me away

5. eurocg

eurocg Karting

Jun 14, 2019
    Florida
    Full Name:
    C
    That looks awesome

6. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    #208 IloveGT, Sep 14, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
    I am not a keyboard warrior, but you have so many typo and it makes it hard to read your comments, which I wanted to as I think you know what you are talking about. Were you high when you typed it?

7. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Add slow learner and fat thumbs.
    Probabaly should get high, but this year been too serious for that.

plastique999 and IloveGT like this.
  8. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    sorry if I came off rude.

9. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean

it was funny, lol. But you're right.

Face76 likes this.
  10. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    Got an email from Lotus today, from my July 15th deposit, other than repeating the order, all it said was: "Thank you for submitting your request. We will evaluate your submission and approve or deny based on the information provided."

Kind of cryptic.

11. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
  12. TopspeedPT

TopspeedPT Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2012
    Portugal
  13. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    z06
    I guess the lotus can sell some based on a stck v6 being unique.
    To me the only thing that would set this car aprt,
    500hp amg mtor and its 3000 lbs.

14. pearsonhaus

pearsonhaus Formula 3

Jul 2, 2008
    Beautiful car, a bit more horsepower would make it great. Perhaps that will come in the future....

sainthoo likes this.
  15. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Anyone going to the Emira preview at Galpin Nov 20?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    saw the Emira in Austin today....
    was the very dark grey color.
    I think it looks even better in person (I like it A LOT)
    Interior is really nice, very spacious, ergonomics are great.
    Wife and son are going to make me get the near british racing green color...
    now I have to wait at least a year, dammit....

k wright, Boomhauer and sainthoo like this.
  17. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    BJK likes this.
  18. Nonoyeahyeah

Nonoyeahyeah Rookie

Jun 14, 2018
    SFL
    Put my deposit down back in July seeing how 458 prices ain’t coming down anytime soon. Wifey still thinks
    Emira is not “cute” like my 991 but I am really looking forward to it. Lotus recently stated deliveries were already be pushed back at least six weeks to end of summer/fall ‘22.