2021 PETIT LEMANS.... | FerrariChat

2021 PETIT LEMANS....

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by spirot, Oct 27, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Who all is going to Petit Le Mans this year? I'm doing Fri & Sat... just general admission ... It's way to expensive to have a Ferrari corral, but if enough of us come - perhaps we can stake out a place to park?

2. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

I plan on going. Not thrilled about leaving the cars unattended. What are the parking options?

3. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I generally don't take the Ferrari to the Petit unless there's a Ferrari corral, which to my knowledge there is none this year. I usually wind up parking in the gravel lot near turn 2, behind the vendor village.

But I may not go this year if there are no Ferraris in the race.

4. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    not much on parking options, but my experience is exotics are very respected by the crowd. I've never had an issue. I to try to park between turns 6&7 so its on pavement... i don't want red clay mud on the car. let me know when you're going I'll hook up with you.

5. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Ok, I plan on going Saturday. Did you purchase a parking option on the website or is there parking options available once you arrive?

6. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I bought a parking pass on the website. you have to have one of those to park in the infield.

on Saturday I either go early - or late after the race has started and let the crowd thin out. ... if you go around 11 or so ... its a mad house.

7. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I will probably go Friday / Saturday.

8. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    I hope to be there.

9. F355Bvc

F355Bvc Formula 3

Dec 4, 2003
    Lawrenceville. GA
    Full Name:
    Vince Canipelli
    Going ; Wed, Thurs , Fri and Sat.

10. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Okay, I would prefer to go early on Saturday then. I will get a parking pass. What time can we get there in the morning?

11. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I think you can get in as early as you like - I'd target getting there about 9:30 ish.

12. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Okay, see you there.

13. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Wow, what a mistake that was. Complete mayhem. The Porsche owners seemed to be enjoying themselves though with their designated parking. If you are going to do the race, that’s the only way to go.

14. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    Parking was a nightmare today if you didn’t get there early enough. But I only came in here to say I saw an absolutely gorgeous silver F430 coupe with some very nice aftermarket wheels and exhaust parked a few cars in front of my Audi over by turn 3 and the esses.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

steved033 likes this.
  15. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Stan, Sorry i missed you, we had a designer at the house on Saturday AM, so I did not get going until about noon, and then stopped at FOA for the 295 unveiling... and did not get to RA until about 3:30... I agree it was a Cluster... when i got there they had closed off the infield, so had to park in the support paddock. I drove the Abarth, not the Ferrari.

I had the Ferrari there for Friday, and the traffic was so horrible I decided not to bring it on Saturday. the golf carts are out of control. the stop and go up and down the hills is very hard on the F1- clutch.... the police had it so jacked up!!!!!!!

sadly I think this may be my last Petit, its lost its allure for me. Part of it is because my Dad is no longer here, and it was our annual race together, and the other part is that its just boring... the vendor village is awful, there is nothing there.... and the parking situation continues to get worse and worse.

16. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I didn't go since I was a bit tuckered out after getting back from my Sebring trip on Thursday, as well as the fact that there were no Ferraris in the race to root for. Based on your and other comments, I'm glad that I didn't go, and I enjoyed watching the race on T.V. When I went I typically drove the Ferrari on Friday only, unless there was a Ferrari corral available on Saturday. I liked the set-up the last time I did that, where Ferraris not participating in the VIP program were still able to park with those that were.

I don't understand the parking situation, though. They always say that the number of infield parking passes is "limited", so I would think that they would cut off purchases before they ran out of space, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I won't go back at least until there are Ferraris participating in the race.

17. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

I agree with you Tom, I wont be going back if that is how the organizer runs the race. Just complete unorganized ciaos. I got there around 9am and there were zero infield parking spots available. Worse there were tow trucks everywhere removing cars that weren't in a designated parking spot. Not sure how to distinguish a designated parking spot to begin with. Just a mess.

If I would have known about the 295 unveiling, I would have rather been there.

18. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

296 rather.

19. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    I just bought this so I could park in the Porsche Platz.... but the people that run that are real Jerks. Good parking and viewing, but dealing with there rude attitude is about to leave me out. Porsche Club says something stooooopid like "it about the People"....... but I find every year the people that "run" it are just rude, won't talk to you, or even say hi or hello and your looking right at them. I talked to several people that hated the Platz. One guy said he and his friend will never be back because of the Rude people. Other than that .... it was great. The Best and nicest people were in the Andial section , my gosh free food all day long, and they could not have been nicer. Made everyone feel welcomed.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Scaledetails likes this.
  20. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I'm a PCA member as well, and I have to say the Porsche Crowd are a bit .... different. I think there are those who know and love Porsche but most seem to be casual - it could be a BMW, Corvette or Lexus as well... as for rude... yes, I get it, there are those who are obsessed and just get a bit snotty... Frankly - the Porsche platz... is not that great, and its overcrowded... I wish Ferrari would participate and have its own corral, but the last time I priced it.... It was $8K for the reservation... in advance.

to me RA - NASCAR has allowed too many golf carts - run by kids... and it was dangerous. they were everywhere just zooming in and out all over the place.

21. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I went with some local friends and we parked in the Acura corral. It was great. I could not stay too long, but had a great time.

22. 911&F430

911&F430 Karting

Oct 14, 2014
    Atlanta
    I was undecided on going this year, thinking that since it was so late in the season it would be cold and miserable. But I layered up and it was sunny and not particularly windy so I ended up having a really good time. Was surprised how many people were there since it was mid-November. Disappointed that there were no Ferraris in the race but happy to see Porsche take first and second in GTLM.
    Tom, I didn't know you had an Abarth. Jealous. ;-)

23. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    when my 93 Rolls got flooded - I went in the opposite direction and got an Abarth... a kid at AMP had one and it looked so cool had to have one... and I love it. I recently put in the "interstar Power pedal"...wow, its like a kart. with the 599, you always have to be careful of how fast you are going... in the Abarth its just fun, without too much worry. I just did a mountain run with the Ferrari guys on Sunday in the Abarth ( Nail in the front tire of the Ferrari ) ... and while it could keep up for the most part ( really hammering it ) front-wheel drive is not as fun in the twisties... lot of understeer...

24. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro

I have to admit you are right. I'm a PCA member - and almost never go to an event. I don't "click" ... not sure why... I think Ferrari is the more historic marque... and the folks that are drawn to it more enthusiasts.... Porsche is much more hierarchy... I have a gt3 - you only have a 911 kind of thing. its very regimented.

V4NG0 likes this.
  25. V4NG0

V4NG0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    Charles Edward Cheese
    ^--- nailed it. This is why I quit going to regular PCA events despite maintaining membership, which I do for the excellent periodical and occasional parts discount.