FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN GRANDE PREMIO DE SAO PAULO 2021 - Sao Paulo - Qualifying ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀ | Page 11 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN GRANDE PREMIO DE SAO PAULO 2021 - Sao Paulo - Qualifying ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Nov 12, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Everyone seems shocked that Mercedes no longer has a second per lap advantage against its closest contender.
    Truth is their car is always the best of the field with an extremely small margin compared to the RB16B.
    Only now the greater value Max brought to Hamilton is tipping the scales in favour of Red Bull.

2. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Yep, its over--in the most cruel way for the fans (if there are any left).

3. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    too many engineers in the room for me to believe them. To cut the floor so that there is an increased amount of air allowed in a low-rake concept seems problematic on its face. For high-rake, not as big a deal because the concept already incorporates the channeling of larger amounts of air to aid downforce. There wasn’t really a need to change anything from a pandemic-extended year. EXCEPT for the fact that new blood would potentially lead to higher ratings and interest in the sport. Mission accomplished! (I think they also understood that LH had become the anti-hero due to his polarizing stances. People would flock to see him lose….and they have)

F2003-GA and Terra like this.
  4. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    The Netflix fans will love it!

5. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Agree completely. When sports becomes televised entertainment. Understanding that is a liberating thing.

6. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I think they wanted to be thoughtful because the result is such a big blow in the championship chase. It was always going to happen, and I applaud them for going the extra mile to explain that, all things considered, there was only one right action. As I said yesterday, had they penalized both drivers in such a way, they would have lost any notion of sporting integrity. I’m not sure I agree with the $50k fine…a general warning would have sufficed since so many do the same currently. They just wanted to do “something” to abate the LH fans who may cry ‘foul’ (note: I’m not on Team Max).

it sucks, but it’s the rules.

Terra likes this.
  7. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    If you missed this, interesting read:

https://racingnews365.com/mercedes-its-our-fault-that-we-underestimated-2021-changes

8. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    they knew in testing that their car was not as good as in the past seasons. They also said they would not over-commit resources to improve it with the 2022 car changes looming. I agree that the speed difference between the two cars is negligible (or even slight advantage to Merc), but because of their relative chassis instability, they need more aero downforce on the car to stay close to RBR. But that makes the car less capable in trailing air since they rely on the wings vs mech grip.

I think next year will be interesting. We are seeing the rise of Max and some decline in LH (Father Time may have an even bigger effect on him next year). However, if the new formula allows Ferrari, McLaren, RBR and Merc (or others) to be closer, the Netflix people will really be happy. Maybe even the longtime fans, but we’ll see…

Terra and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  9. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
  10. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    Mercedes 2021 : World Champion in cheating. Bravo, well done, guys.

11. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Good take here.
    Father Time is undefeated. Ask Michael S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Mercedes: Hamilton’s wing failed tests by just 0.2mm
    By: Jonathan Noble
    Nov 13, 2021, 4:43 PM
    Mercedes has revealed that Lewis Hamilton’s disqualification from qualifying at Formula 1’s Brazilian Grand Prix was triggered by his DRS failing tests by just 0.2 millimetres.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    not quite as nit-picky as James Hunt’s “too wide” car, but they certainly operate with. Dry narro margins. I’d also read/heard that the real issue was that there wasn’t much required from the neuton meter to push the measuring apparatus through. It was a lack of resistance vs sliding through without touching the wing elements,

14. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    You'll be amazed how long it takes for things to be picked up for sometimes in f1

15. Natkingcolebasket69

Then if that is the case I hope they get all their points removed for the year

16. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Ya know what? Anything LULU related is BS and drama poor LuLu . And that .0002 Is probably from ToTOs mouth. More bs. Get the season over and I would love if LULU catches the first train the **** out of this sport. Thats that.

17. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    Anybody else have trouble with ESPN or their DVR not recording the sprint? I know I programmed it...and everything else shows up as programed...but the sprint race just wasn't there.

Veloce12 likes this.
  18. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    It recorded for me…

19. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I think you’d also have to assume the cheating is widespread?

20. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    Never count Hamilton out until the math says it can't happen. To do so is foolish. He'll be fighting for a podium within 10 to 15 laps. Perez will be lucky to keep him from getting P2. He still has the best car, he still is a hell of a driver. Max has to be spot on...beat Bottas at the start and stay out front all the way. And he should be careful not to give Bottas the chance to take him out...no Kamikaze dives trying to do it in the turns. Max hasn't (to me) proven himself to be totally mature under pressure. Also, one screw up in the RB pits could cost him the race and the lead in points. If Perez doesn't drive his best race ever tomorrow...he'll be helping Lewis. But if Lewis has bad luck and doesn't score points or DNFs, this will probably be the deciding race. Not the mathematical certainty...but a real ball breaker for WDC #8.

jpalmito likes this.
  21. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Astute - always easy to hate the most wealthy or successful/ capable in the room.

ricksb likes this.
  22. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Don't count your chickens just yet . . .

jpalmito and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  23. Natkingcolebasket69

This went well ! Much better than I had thought and hoped!