My Atelier 812 GTS Spec in Verde Abetone over Cuoio Daytona Racing Seats | FerrariChat

My Atelier 812 GTS Spec in Verde Abetone over Cuoio Daytona Racing Seats

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Thecadster, Nov 14, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I recently completed the Ferrari Atelier process for my 812 GTS. I chose to do it online as it did not wish to deal with the various COVID restrictions in NYC. After wavering between Verde British and Verde Abetone, I chose the later. I wanted a flat (non-metallic) dark green with a slight pop. In the end, I found Verde British a little too close to black. VB is certainly gorgeous, but I think it too dependent on lighting to show off its green hue. I chose standard Cuoio for the Daytona Racing Seats and assorted interior details.

I was hoping that Atelier might offer a wider grouping of extra range leather samples, but that wasn’t the case. I would have liked to have done Count Prestige, but that is reserved for Tailor Made clients. Cuoio Toscana is an extra range leather available through Atelier, but I decided that was too reddish for the look I was targeting. In the end, I didn’t really do much through Atelier that I could not have done through the standard dealer spec process, but that is likely more my unwillingness to go outside the box (for example, I didn’t want yellow striping on the paddles or the wheel). I did put Verde Abetone on the selector button housings on the bridge.

I’m certainly open to suggestions. I am still undecided on yellow calipers or black calipers.

Attached below are the renderings. Note, the exterior and interior colors are impossible to duplicate on a computer rendering.

My dealer is telling me that I am about 18-24 months out, which is about how long I waited for my 812.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
  3. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Here’s the video that clinched Verde Abetone for me.

4. soulsea

soulsea Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2018
    Oh man, I'm excited for you and pissed at the same time. :)

I have my spec in with Verde Abetone and Terra Brucciata interior, other than the wheels we're going practically be twins.

I can't have that lol.

Congrats on the spec, it's gonna look awesome.

5. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Thanks! And congrats to you as well. I figured I wouldn’t be the only one because Verde Abetone is too special and greens have gotten really hot the last couple years. I was limited in my color choices as I don’t want to have any overlap with my other cars and that only left black, yellow, or green.

How long will your estimated build time be?

6. soulsea

soulsea Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2018
    I have no idea, right now it's just a pipe dream in the Ferrari system. Waiting to hear if it got accepted. I'm worried that it won't but I am being assured that it will.

It's a wonderful color, your car will look amazing.

Thecadster likes this.
  7. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    Have you considered adding Matt Gold wheels? I think they would look very nice with your spec. Atelier can easily send you renders with that option. Just an FYI in case they didn't mention, the sill plaque and the dedication plate can also be personalized with any inscription you would like, the default is "personalized with Ferrari"

Garretto and Thecadster like this.
  8. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    R U going to keep your 812 ?

MDS

Thecadster likes this.
  9. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I have, but I just didn’t have the guts to pull the trigger. I’m just targeting a more subdued gentleman’s GT look. My other cars are “in your face” and “look at me” specs, and I wanted this one to blend in a little more.

Here’s one with the gold wheels. It’s stunning.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVdxjT1qWr9/?utm_medium=copy_link

Xrayv8 likes this.
  10. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    That’s the plan. It’s a non-GPF car and it would absolutely break my heart to part with it.

of2worlds, Xrayv8 and mikesufka like this.
  11. chet

chet F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2007
    Chicago
    18-24 months? I thought the GTS run was done per the allocation thread? I felt fortunate that my spec was put into production a couple of weeks ago.

Beautiful build. Are there any requirements to use the Atelier? Are the Atelier option prices the same as through the dealer?

Thecadster likes this.
  12. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    The order bank is closed, but they still have to manufacture the backlog orders. Not sure about the requirements, if any, for Atelier. My dealer referred me. The pricing is the same.

Caeruleus11, of2worlds and chet like this.
  13. Bobby_P

Bobby_P Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2004
    That is going to be amazing when built.

My $0.02 with regard to caliper color...I personally would choose black over yellow. Particularly since you went with the painted shields. Since they are larger than the standard shields I would be concerned it could be too much yellow.

14. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Agreeing with Bobby here. Black calipers would be the way to go in my opinion as it just provides a more cohesive and understated look. Green/yellow/cuoio may be a bit much but that is just my taste, I tend to think the yellow that Ferrari choses is too bright also.

Caeruleus11, Thecadster and Bobby_P like this.
  15. soulsea

soulsea Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2018
    I really like the black caliper look on the GTS, but only with shield delete.

The two play off each other imo, otherwise that yellow shield sticks out like a disco ball.

Thecadster likes this.
  16. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
  17. mrchaztsai

mrchaztsai Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 28, 2020
    Hong Kong/Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Charlie T
    My goodness that is a gorgeous spec, congratulations!

I agree on yellow calipers, it brings a cohesiveness to the entire vehicle. I understand you want to go for a subdued look but with only the shields being yellow it's the only thing my eyesight is drawn to, even when trying to look at other areas of the car. I would probably only do black calipers if I were to do carbon shields or no shields at all.

Thecadster likes this.
  18. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Instead of gold wheels give gold calipers a serious look. Beautiful color that adds a little quirky “pop” to the car.
    I think sometime the “lack of cohesiveness” gives an overall look excitement.
    Your build is gorgeous! When you get it let’s arrange a meet up.

19. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    I like your reasoning and it is precisely because of it that I advise you against yellow calipers, too boy racer look IMO. If elegance is pursued, no doubt black calipers are much more adequate.

Thecadster and Boots like this.
  20. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Congratulations! Very nice! If you decide to change the calipers, another consideration that might not jump to mind would be Grigio Silverstone. These would likely match or be very close to the grey in the wheels.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Thecadster, Boots and Garretto like this.
  21. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    If you go black calipers, you'll want either CF center caps or black center caps in my opinion. I think yellow caps + yellow calipers and the shields all fits together. And doing the tach in yellow, you bring a little bit of that to the inside of the car as well.

Frank_C, Thecadster and soulsea like this.
  22. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    For what it’s worth, I have always favoured alloy/silver callipers on Verde/Cuoio cars

Thecadster likes this.
  23. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
  24. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I’m just revisiting this old thread. When does yours arrive? Mine is still forever from now. My dealer still has 5 people ahead of me, and then I will finally be up.

soulsea likes this.
  25. soulsea

soulsea Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2018
    It’s so weird you bumped this up today … I just came back from the dealership finalizing my spec (and also doing my 296 GTS spec).

I’m now sixth in line for the 812. They got three allocations last month so I’m hoping it will get picked up before the end of the year.

My build is in with Verde 690, which I am told is Abetone, but we’ll get confirmation of that next week. My theme is less elegant than yours as I went with a more ‘aggressive’ spec, as in satin black wheels, painted shields and yellow calipers. Also doing a black interior with green contrasts.

ScottS and Thecadster like this.