Scuderia exhaust | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Scuderia exhaust

Discussion in '360/430' started by Ahtim, Nov 10, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    #26 freshmeat, Nov 15, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
    Ultimate F1 pitch:
    Powercraft 4-1 headers w Capristo blankets
    Powercraft race cats
    S-line x-pipe

Everything else sound wise...meh. And contrary to Shineken I do NOT recommend Kline; if you like a deeper note, the Capristo is similar.

Inconel shields on the headers provide less heat protection than og Capristo blankets; I've never tried the Larini, but I tried the Tubi ones which also have them, was mega disappointed and quickly went back to my original setup listed above. And if you're worried about heat soak, get a heat shield for your airbox, significant gains to be had there and it looks like multiple vendors have this on offer now so go have a pick of the lot. I personally replaced my entire airbox w a GruppeM ram-air type one which comes w an integrated heat shield...the added suction sounds on wot were a bonus. Through the rear glass, it almost looks like I supercharged my car too, so not sure if you're into that sorta thing.

Paying more $$$ does NOT = better. With that said, Powercraft looks to still be one of the more expensive options...

Not a video intended for my exhaust setup, but you get the idea (recorded on iPhone, windows closed):

Find me a higher-pitched, cleaner F1 sound and I'll be more than happy to send the manufacturer my money.

2. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Also, you should try "search", the fchat braintrust has discussed this pretty extensively and you may benefit from reading different opinions.

3. Scottslaw

Scottslaw Formula Junior

@freshmeat, besides s-line who else is offering an airbox heat shield? I searched but didn't see anything other than s-line (which looks really nice, but I'm having a hard time swallowing the cost given all the other needs for my car LOL! Also, I would love to think it makes a difference, but it seems the "dwell time" of the air in the airbox is so short, combined with the fact that the air is coming in cold form the outside, I'm just not sure how much it will really reduce iat's. Maybe I should bite the bullet and buy one then take some measurements!

4. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus

Perhaps you should read his first post of what he's asking for and then read ALL of my responses. Don't pick the responses you want to hear.

1. First of all, he asked about liking the sound of the Kline muffler. He didn't ask, "What's the highest F1 pitch I can get?"

2. He's probably asked me 2-3 times about valve function concerns, which means he is looking for a "VALVED" muffler.

3. I actually did recommend him S line (non-valved) if he's looking to go with 200 cell cats. Yes, double-check that.

4. You can't compare a Tubi Inconel shield to a bespoke insulated Inconel shield. Bespoke insulated Inconel shield is the highest level you can go for heat management of headers. Tubi shields are stamped out and don't have the insulation. I have pics of what it looks like on the inside.

Here's Inconel Shielded 458 Novitec headers for $20k. Perhaps someone should tell them the shields don't work.

https://www.vividracing.com/novitec-inconel-exhaust-manifolds-ferrari-458-italia-1015-p-151802563.html

5. Try buying Capristo blankets without buying Capristo headers.

6. He asked about Capristo headers, not 4-1 headers. I gave him what I felt was a better 4-2-1 header than Capristo's for about the same price. Larini headers are $6k.

7. Post pics of your 304 Stainless steel parts and what they look like after 1000+ miles.

5. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
  6. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Larini headers are new, so no one has dyno'd them. However, I analyzed the piping layout and it is identical to Capristo's. They also have stepped primaries, which the Capristo's don't for improved response. One thing about exhaust proper exhaust heat management is the more effective you can keep the heat in, the faster the exhaust gases flow, the more power the system should be making. Higher pitch could also be a result on increased gas flow. TTForce is the only person in the world with Larini headers on his Scud and he's already told me privately his full Larini exhaust system is pretty sick. That's not even an X pipe design muffler. He's got a ton of cars all with after-market exhaust systems from all brands to reference off of.

7. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
  8. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    We already have a set fitted to a Scud (pics I posted).

9. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    You can always try gold-wrapping the bottom portion of the oem airbox, that's a pretty cost-effective option. The dwell time might be short, but if you're running the oem muffler, that thing literally cooks the air, it gets so hot and there will definitely some drop off in power esp on long and/or hard runs. Worth a look or two, part of the fun of modding!

10. MKS0129

MKS0129 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2022
    Full Name:
    Matt S
    Anyone has a source or contact to order Kline muffler with 200 cell cats?

11. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  12. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    very very nicely done