New Testarossa Wheels | FerrariChat

New Testarossa Wheels

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by simchanova, Nov 15, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. simchanova

simchanova Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 3, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stuart
  2. kartboy1234

kartboy1234 Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2014
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael L
    I used the BF Goodrich tires that are available in that size. Though they are back ordered through March of next year, I'm waiting on a set. They are decent tires and reasonable priced.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

3. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    I also use the BF Goodrich G-Force Sport Comp 2 on my TR -- but they seem to be available now in my area without issue:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. kartboy1234

Nov 10, 2014
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael L
    I don't trust America's tire/discount tire site. They have let me order it online with the website saying they are in stock, then they call me saying they can't get them.

I trust tirerack and they aren't even showing that the rears exist. I'll call America's tire tomorrow and see if they are available. I need a set.

5. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I agree with everyone that BF Goodrich are great option when available. Unfortunately my contacts told me they were back ordered to next spring at the earliest and even that was tentative given current supply chain issues.

In that light, I would favor the Michelins (if still available) or Pirelli's as go-to for a car that wont get much the way of mileage or hard use.

6. c4b4the04

c4b4the04 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2017
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Cassidy
    My understanding is that the Michelin's are not currently imported to the US. There is always shipping of course but they are costly. Sad to hear BFG's are so hard to come by. They are possibly the least attractive tire I've ever owned but they hold up well and feel decent. I think I ordered mine from Discount Tire Direct last year.

7. kartboy1234

Nov 10, 2014
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael L
    Just called America's tire, they are backordered.

8. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    Great prices

9. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Aftermarket wheels and modern tires go a long way. Keep your beautiful oem wheels with tires in storage for the concours events. Augment Wheels has made a bunch of 18” wheels for the center lock TR’s and they look awesome!

10. V4NG0

V4NG0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    Charles Edward Cheese