430 Spider 6 speed | FerrariChat

430 Spider 6 speed

Discussion in '360/430' started by SCOTT360, Nov 16, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SCOTT360

SCOTT360 Rookie

Nov 15, 2009
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Scott Weinstein
    Debating selling. Am I crazy?

4RE-NXT likes this.
  2. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    If you're tired of the car and ready to move on, then why not sell at the top of the market?

In my opinion, the extreme price differential between gated and F1 for the 360/430 is not going to last. With Art and his ilk pumping out conversions as fast as they can, it won't be too long before the price difference is no more than the cost of the conversion kit, about $35k. Factory examples perhaps adding a bit to that.

MotorMouth, paulchua and Nospinzone like this.
  3. SCOTT360

SCOTT360 Rookie

Nov 15, 2009
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Scott Weinstein
    I Would be changing to a 488 Spider or an F8 Spider.
    Thoughts?

4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    yes

F2003-GA likes this.
  5. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Both good points, top of the market, and supply is increasing and demand will likely decrease. Us old guys are either too old or dying off, and many kids today don't even drive any car, fougaddaboud a stick. :rolleyes:

flat_plane_eddie likes this.
  6. market-reasearch

Silver Subscribed

Jul 21, 2021
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    D. Gabathuler
    Never ever would I do that. Last naturally aspirated manual will become a legend and factory always wins vs converted. 488 and F8 are both boring cars in comparison, faster, yes.

7. FerrfanFL

FerrfanFL Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 8, 2021
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ara
    the 360 and 430 FACTORY stick cars are the last of an era....and will always be coveted by the true connoisseur.

Caphill and Yellow Compass like this.
  8. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    i dont see any increase in supply...EAG is moving prices higher on f1s ironically enough...factory sticks have gotten stronger

Themaven likes this.
  9. Tony91505

Tony91505 Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2005
    So cal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    As a collector car, its factory or bust. Mods of any sort rarely payoff in any car, especially Fcars. Now, if it’s the fun factor, conversions will suffice and save u a few bucks. It’s a great time to offload a used car. That said, the stick 430 will hold value with or without the current bubble IMHO. If at all possible, I would add another in lieu of exchanging. Personally, the only conversion that interests me is the manual scud, since there is no factory substitute.

10. Nafiz Ali Khan

Nafiz Ali Khan Karting

Jul 19, 2006
    Phoenix
    It’s probably a good collection piece. Maybe get a loan on it to finance a new car.

11. Ffre92

Ffre92 Formula Junior

May 26, 2014
    NY
    +1
    I entertained selling my gated 430 to make room for a gt3. I realized it was driven by my “wandering eye” more than anything rational. I still want a gt3, but I’m keeping the 430, it is really special.

I am in the process of buying a second home, so it fixes the garage space problem…just now no more money to buy any more cars…

Texas Forever likes this.
  12. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    If it is about the money, I’d say to sell it. Prices are currently high.

If it is about the driving experience, I’d say sell it. Manual shifting does not need horsepower for it to be fun (says the 308 owner).

If it is about pride of ownership, well, only you can decide. Its a very cool car and relatively rare.

If you sell it, you will never own one again.

Texas Forever likes this.
  13. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Personally I don't think prices are going much higher.

IMO people will eventually want faster cars with DCT gearboxes as they get more and more used to them.

Shark01 and technom3 like this.
  14. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    One thought: You would be swapping an asset that has been appreciating and may continue to do so for a depreciating asset that will likely continue to depreciate.

Dave

Nafiz Ali Khan and EastMemphis like this.
  15. Dave Bertrand

Dave Bertrand Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 24, 2005
    Castle Rock, CO
    So much advice about price appreciation and value-holding. That is NOT what Ferrari ownership is about. The F430 is not a collector car and you're not a collector. If you're not in love with the car anymore, then get rid of it and buy something else that interests you. Are you in this for the money or maximizing your happiness? Remember why you wanted a Ferrari in the first place and keep that dream alive. A 488 or F8 awaits you.

16. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    100% agree! I don't see how money can be more important than enjoying the car itself... That really is not what Ferrari ownership is about.

brookliner7 likes this.
  17. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Yep, not even high end car thieves can drive a stick anymore:

paulchua and Nospinzone like this.
  18. Nafiz Ali Khan

Nafiz Ali Khan Karting

Jul 19, 2006
    Phoenix
    Money buys happiness, fellas.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

brookliner7 likes this.
  19. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    #19 ScottS, Nov 21, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2021
    Mine is for sale because ^.
    I just don’t reach for the keys as much compared to the others. While I love owning it, life is short and there are other vintage Ferraris to own. I have debated this decision long enough to know it’s not a passing mood.
    In the end if you don’t use it, you don’t own it, it owns you. Even if it appreciates.

Both my F8 and 488 were faster,more user friendly and were consistent with the life I have not the life I think I have. Having a car like that to drive once a month or less is not what I’m about. The 16m scratches that itch for now and the 812SF makes it feel sooooo slow.

You’re not crazy. Just in touch with your desires.

good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    OP, you haven't told us what kind of person you are or why you are debating the swap. And what other cars you have, if any. For some, it's the right decision and for others it's not.

I too have a gated 430 Spider. In the Ferrari universe of open cars of that era onwards I would consider swapping it for:

812 GTS
    F8 Spider
    16M

All three of which are considerably more expensive, so not an option I have really considered.

I wouldn't swap it for a 488 Spider. And not a 458 Spider. Both of which are in reach. Just not as much fun. Or special. Or a 458 Speciale Aperta.

The F8 is not as much fun either but is a better car in so many ways that it might be irresistible and it's quite fun.

also, yes, the 430 is on an upward trajectory, if that matters, and most of the others are going the other way.

21. SCOTT360

SCOTT360 Rookie

Nov 15, 2009
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Scott Weinstein
    A bit harsh I’m thinking. Done deal! Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

22. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Nice, congrats! What did you end up doing with the F430?

ryalex likes this.
  23. Dave Bertrand

Dave Bertrand Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 24, 2005
    Castle Rock, CO
    I do tend to be a bit blunt at times. I'm working on that. LOVE the new car! What a beauty.

24. patina

patina Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2005
    Lake Norman, NC
    This post is going to age like milk.

25. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    I think this has validity, we are clearly in a short term bubble right now....where even my 2014 Ford Escape has increased in value.

And as humans, we accept change usually slowly....I can vividly remember these sentiments:

"Won't buy a Ferrari that doesn't have a manual transmission"
    "Won't buy a turbo Ferrari"
    "Won't buy a hybrid Ferrari"

paulchua and Texas Forever like this.