CS Market | Page 461 | FerrariChat

CS Market

Discussion in '360/430' started by stokpro, Mar 13, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ifeelfree0

ifeelfree0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2014
    Medina, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dan
  2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Oh thats not mine. My kids can sell mine when im gone

3. rockminster

rockminster Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2003
    Lake Tahoe
    Since this is a market thread, what is the current CS market based on actual sales, not asking prices?

For example, what would a no stories approximate 10k mile, factory striped CS in a standard color well for? How much are non striped cars discounted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. tomw

tomw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Tom
  5. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    $196,122.00 ~ all in US dollar

6. ifeelfree0

ifeelfree0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2014
    Medina, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dan
    This was thrown out in June 2021. Take into account a little bump with the increased "craze" . Cant comment on stripe/no stripe.

5k miles @ 300k, 10k miles @ $250k, and 20k miles @ 200k?

7. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    My 5k OEM stripe is selling for over $320k. Keeping red one, that’s about $250k @10k miles.

8. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I would not let my 3000 mile non-stripe car go for less than 350

9. rockminster

Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2003
    Lake Tahoe
    Sub 5K feels like a rarified space for these cars. I'd guess that those cars are more or less show cars at this point and will accumulate minimal additional miles. I think the cars that are 10K+ miles can still be used by their owners, maybe 500-1500 miles per year in some years and the use case still makes sense relative to the value of the car.

10. FordGTDriver

FordGTDriver Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2007
    My 11k mile red/factory stripe car in unusually nice condition is not for sale. I have, however surveyed other cars of similar condition and history, and I believe the market is around 300k. I have observed that it is increasingly difficult to find truly nice cars...when I was shopping for mine, there were many cars that were either in rough condition, had significant track time, or had stories. My 300k figure is for a concourse condition car with good history. I don't envy someone just embarking on trying to find such a car. It requires lots of patience and effort.

11. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Agree.
    My 5k car I just cant drive, so for me no point in just storing it. I’d rather deploy the capital against something I will drive while I still can enjoy it. The 10k mile CS I feel like can be driven the 500 miles per year it gets currently due to limited weather windows and having other cars.

12. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    keep it - gonna go to $500k!

13. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I agree and we wouldn't let our 4k mile non stripe, beige leather and luggage car go for that either! Finding good examples (regardless of miles) of these cars is why this thread has continued for years and is over 400 pages long... These cars were right before the era of a lot of cars being put away and not used, I guess? I haven't come across a lot of sub 5k mile cars in my years of searching.

I still think the body is one of the greatest modern non supercar designs Ferrari has done. Its so timeless and hard to believe nearly 20 years old. These cars are very special and I think overtime people will eventually continue to realize it more and more, but we didn't buy it as an investment we had to put something in that garage space!

Picture of ours with my Z06 just because.

Erik
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

patina likes this.
  14. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    IDK, seems like CS has lagged and is not appreciated by collectors on that level. Same as a Scud.
    I’m happy to keep one and drive it.

15. rockminster

Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2003
    Lake Tahoe
    For me, the gearbox is the weak link, so if planning to drive it I think the experience and the value is held back by the gearbox. If not planning to drive it, then the gearbox doesn’t matter. The design and presence are just incredible. It’s art.

16. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

U never sell any anyways;))

17. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Thank you for that, but that is just a personal preference, not actual fact. Go to a 355 F1 coupe & you can cast disparagement's in comparison to your other cars in your stable, but on its own the 150 millisecond shifts of the Stradale are absolutely not a detriment. In fact, the NGT 360 racecar shifted exactly the same as the Stradale, and not one of the factory racecar drivers had any issue with it.

Yup that is me... There is simply nothing weak link about it.

joe sackey, brookliner7 and FORZA 62 like this.
  18. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert

I had several laps in Allie Ashe, former owner of FOW, 360 Michelotto N-GT at Summit Point at WOT and there was nothing like it!! Amazing car and skilled driver.

19. rockminster

Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2003
    Lake Tahoe
    I’ve owned 2 Stradales so feel like I know the car’s strengths and weaknesses quite well. The gearboxes work decently on a track or in an environment when they can be shifted at high revs. If driven around town, and particularly when there is a lot of stop/start, the weakness of the early F1 technology is most apparent. This was fine when the F1 tech was new and exciting, but the advancement of paddle shifted tech has cast shade on all of the early Ferrari F1 gearbox’s, from 355 through 360 and 575.

Dr. Freeze likes this.
  20. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    You know... The 1964 250 GTO became outdated at some point too... But that did not stop the 250 from being the most valued car to ever be sold. The advancements in gearbox tech probably cast a shade on it too. But who would care? The car is epic. As is the Stradale.

My Stradale ownership eclipses yours and with that I can assure you that when the driver is in synch, and the F1 box is driven correctly... It has little to fault.

The new tech is fine, but in the eyes of a owner/driver like me that does not belittle the technology of the cars of the past.

21. Nine9Three

Nine9Three Karting

Oct 24, 2017
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I love the F1 box. It is so much more mechanical than the DCT's. It takes some practice to drive smoothly in traffic not unlike a manual which, essentially, it is. Why on earth is it so maligned?

22. tomw

tomw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I don’t know. People comparing it to the modern alternatives I guess. I think it suits the car and it’s of its time.

Skippr1999, brookliner7 and Michael B like this.
  23. patina

patina Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2005
    Lake Norman, NC
    Completed disagree. Every time I drive a modern DCT/PDK the experience just feels so digital and muted. The single clutch F1 is so much more engaging, visceral and FUN. Full song upshifts still impress me every single time, especially in the context of 20+ year old tech.

24. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Not even close just based on the recent sales in this thread.

25. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Ever driven an F40?

Your post implies 2021 performance is required for any car to have value which of course is the opposite of reality.

Michael B likes this.