Hamilton deserves more respect | Page 124 | FerrariChat

Hamilton deserves more respect

Discussion in 'F1' started by Natkingcolebasket69, Mar 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    You say Merc is most dominant and Hamilton is a passenger. Then where are Rosberg and Bottas multiple championships? You think past champions that had dominant cars were mere passengers? Fangio never drove a midfield car. Is he a passenger? Senna's Mclaren was 3 seconds faster than 5 th place. But you think Senna is only a passenger? Ferrari had the best car for 5 years, you think Schumacher was a passenger? I can go on and on

2. FordGTDriver

FordGTDriver Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2007
    HI Mitch! Huge Nigel fan here…but to your point, the FW14B was so dominant that it was outlawed after the first season.

The reasoning of my post is that the hybrid era has been owned by Mercedes; not just one season, but the entire era. Hamilton has been riding that same horse the whole time. Don’t know if the same could be said for Senna, Mansell and Fangio.

3. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Hamilton is not the only one riding the horse. He has team mates. Fangio always drove for top teams. All of Senna titles were with top teams. Also Hamilton almost won 2 championships before the hybrid era. If Max wins this year and next 5 years in a dominate Redbull, would you question his talent?

4. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

#3079 Natkingcolebasket69, Nov 18, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2021
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

I don’t see anyone complaining when MS won all those titles in
    The best car.
    Maybe not as dominant but still the best car. Was he better? Yes!
    But don’t fool yourselves : it’s always the car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ktu likes this.
  5. #3080 lorenzobandini, Nov 18, 2021
    ........driven by above average competency drivers for however long they can earn the right to be in the best seats.....as does Lewis.

I've never seen a car win a world championship for a team without drivers in it. And the best teams don't usually hire mediocres.

6. Natkingcolebasket69

U just contradicted yourself In you last sentence , which proves u hate just to hate.

Lewis is just point blank excellent.

He just does what we would all do:
    If you have your dream job, dream location: you keep it.
    You don’t move to Detroit to take on a new challenge.

The dislike around Lewis is mostly p&r driven.

I hear complain about his radio complaining… true…but Kimi’s are mostly glorified, so are seb’s to an extend… why? Bc just don’t like the dude and that’s it. Plain and simple

7. #3082 lorenzobandini, Nov 18, 2021
    Huh??? Cocktail hour(s?), is it?

Where, pray tell, did I contradict myself? Where, pray tell, is the hate?
    I find LH to be the best at the moment and my post confirms that.
    He's earned the Merc seat, and Merc's been smart enough to keep him.
    Again, where's my contradiction and hate?

8. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I think few people are saying that he is not a very good driver. You don't win 7 titles by being mediocre.

Would Stroll have won 2014, 15, 16 titles in that Merc? Absolutely (assuming his teammate was a hat). In the same dominant fashion either Lewis or Rosberg did? Nope.
    17, 18, 19, would Stroll have won it? Possibly not. Would a lesser driver have won it (like for instance, Bottas)...yes. With the possible exception of 2018. On the current grid (and those that raced at the same time but are within age range) there are about a handful of people that would've collected all the championships that Lewis did, with the same complacent teammate (bottas).

Max (Max V Rosberg, given Max's age and complete lack of experience, he would've likely been beaten 2015-16, and obviously not raced 14)
    Button (v Rosberg it would be anyones guess)
    Leclerc (same as Max)
    Ricciardo (was on absolute top form at the time and I have little doubt he wouldn't have beaten Rosberg)
    Alonso (easy beaten Rosberg).

Possibly Vettel (though with his 2019 performance, who knows)
    Possibly Kimi (since he needs a car that's to his liking, and I've no idea if the Merc is. Kimi in a car that he likes (very pointy) is nigh on unbeatable, but ever since Michelin left the sport he never got that tyre feel he loves).

What many Ham fans don't seem to understand is saying the above doesn't equal saying that Lewis sucks.

Bold bit, absolutely true. Most people dislike is because of his politics and feel he's trying to present to the outside world someone he isn't (i.e. every single person in LA).

Many people tend to appreciate guys like Kimi because there isn't any pretending going on. He says what he thinks, or shrugs when he can't be arsed answering stupid questions or things he doesn't have an opinion on. Yes, he can be rude at times on the radio to his team also...but then he doesn't spend every waking hour of the day preaching to the anyone that will listen (and those that don't) how good a team player he is, team this, team that...

Lewis, is an actor. Some people like that, all the power to them. Personally I don't like fake people.

stavura, sammysaber, JJ and 6 others like this.
  9. Natkingcolebasket69

We agree on all accounts!
    Can you imagine bottas world champion? Almost happened … Lewis did us a favor;)

subirg and Bas like this.
  10. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Why do you give so much time, research, energy, post, opinions on somebody you don't like? You are more knowledgeable about Lewis and what he says than his fans. You may not like him, but he fascinates you greatly.

lorenzobandini likes this.
  11. Natkingcolebasket69

I think u are mistaken about Bas: he is a true fan and he has equal passion and knowledge for every drivers;he participates about anyone on the forum. It just happens that there are a lot of topics around Lewis

stavura, sammysaber, JJ and 4 others like this.
  12. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    I attended in 1990 and 1991.

FordGTDriver, Bas and jpalmito like this.
  13. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    I disagree. I've once heard Bas describe the materials of Hamilton's boots. He's knows nearly everything Hamilton is involved in, or words he say, his diet. Know's when he say something that's sounds contradictory. He even knows his feelings when talking to the media, as if he is inside of his soul. I'll be honest, I've learned things about Hamilton's personal life that I had no idea of from Bas, and I'm a fan. That is strange. Totally fine if you read him differently.

lorenzobandini likes this.
  14. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    1990 was so bizarre with the combo Alesi/tyrrell/pirelli

Natkingcolebasket69 and Bas like this.
  15. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Lets see. The guy that's been winning everything over the past decade or so. In the sport I most actively follow (by a long way). Hmm lets see who gets to be talked about?

I have eyes and ears, I hear Lewis (and others) say plenty things. Some I agree with, some I don't.

I don't do ''research'' on Lewis. I pick up plenty of stuff that's said and I have a pretty sharp memory.

I'm not fascinated by him in the slightest. But I'm not going to stop watching a sport because I don't like the winner.

sammysaber likes this.
  16. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas

You're impossible.

When lewis wore the calfskin boots, I mean they where pretty obvious, even for the ridiculous outfits he typically wears. I didn't research what the boots where made from, in fact it actually made European news. I can read a headline, it takes about 3 seconds. I pointed this out to you at the time.

Regarding his diet, it's pretty hard to follow F1 and NOT know that Lewis is a vegan.

Like I said in the above post, I have a pretty decent memory, not that that's needed as Lewis typically contradicts himself about a day after he makes statement X.

I also have a whatsapp group with some very dear friends who are all interested in F1. News gets posted in there and controversies, people being asshats, whatever. I don't sit in an office with a wall full of monitors waiting for Lewis to make a move so I can comment on it. Sorry to disappoint you.

sammysaber likes this.
  17. Excerpt from the above: "I'm not fascinated by him in the slightest.".......

Oh. :rolleyes:..........yet all the above in response to the simple rhetorical (pssst...'means no answer required): "Why do you give so much time, research, energy, post, opinions on somebody you don't like?"

Ponderous. :confused:

ktu likes this.
  18. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Ponder all you like. Someone makes assumptions about me, I have the right to defend myself.

19. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Don’t feed the troll… no point reasoning with the unreasonable…

sammysaber and Bas like this.
  20. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Yeah, ok. Your actions say otherwise. You are acting, just like you accuse Lewis. If I was to pull up your past post, anyone can see it. You want to act like you're not fascinated, but you are.

21. RobertJRB

RobertJRB Karting

Feb 8, 2012
    Even if Bas is, what’s the point you want to make?

sammysaber and Bas like this.
  22. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Even if Lewis is fake, what point does Bas want to make?

23. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I know i'm fascinated by Elton, sometimes i look in the mirror and i'm wearing one of his clown outfits, my wife enters the room ans starts screaming!! that's when i wake up in cold sweat and realize it was all a nightmare!

Jeronimo GTO and absostone like this.
  24. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Ah ! But it wasn't a dominant car in 4 of those years was it ?

25. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

That dogs should have a choice in what they eat

:D

sammysaber likes this.