Recommendations on best tire balancing shop? | FerrariChat

Recommendations on best tire balancing shop?

Discussion in 'New England' started by Jaymac, Nov 17, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jaymac

Jaymac Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 18, 2020
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Jeremy McCurdy
    This might sound like a weird question, but I get my tires through a wholesale account with Town Fair Tire, and I’ve been repeatedly disappointed with their mounting and balancing, from scratching the wheels to vibrations due to poor balancing.
    I’m in Southeastern NH.
    Can anyone recommend a shop they trust to not only treat the wheels with care, but provide the best balancing for a glass-smooth ride (vs. the vibrations that I’ll be bringing my wheels back to TFT this weekend to try to re-do and eliminate)?

Thanks,
    Jeremy

2. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    Without question Rioux’ s Garage in Berlin MA.
    Watching and getting your alignment or wheels road-force balanced there is a religious experiance.
    People go there from states away.
    They are truly remarkable.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. Jaymac

Jaymac Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 18, 2020
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Jeremy McCurdy
    #3 Jaymac, Nov 17, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
    Wow, quite the glowing testimonial!
    I’ll have to check them out and see how far of a trip it is for me!
    Update: a quick Google search shows dozens of more glowing reviews for Roux’s, specifically for mounting balancing.
    Thanks for the suggestion!

4. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    #4 ronfrohock, Nov 19, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
    And their alignments are surgical.

It’s an interesting place. Farther and son team. Been around since the start of time. The garage and the contents look Norman Rockwell.
    Looking at the tools that hang on the walls on the mechanics side of the garage is very interesting. They still use a rotary phone.
    The other side, where the balancing and alignments are done is up to date. Best equipment run by a guy that is truly motivated by excellence.
    I’ve been there many times.
    I had Tire Rack ship a new set of Michelin’s there for my X5 a number of years ago. The tech didn’t like one of them. Apparently it wasn’t balanced as well as it should have been from the factory? He told me to call Tire Rack. The CSA asked me why I would think the tire was out of spec and needed to be replaced. The tech told me to tell them that I was at Roiux’s Garage. They shipped a replacement overnight.
    The tech told me that he could have balanced it but it would have been trouble down the road….

I can’t say enough about the place.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Nospinzone likes this.
  5. Jaymac

Jaymac Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 18, 2020
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Jeremy McCurdy
    Wow, that’s an awesome story about the X5 tires! Very impressive. I suspect there may be an “out-of-round” issue with one the Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4’s I just put on my Cayman, so I’ll be interested to see what they say!

6. audi_328

audi_328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2005
    NH
    Full Name:
    Audi
    Glad to have found this tip, I will be checking them out as well. Finding a good tire place within a few hours of me has been something I've keeping an eye out for.