FORMULA 1 OOREDOO QATAR GRAND PRIX 2021 - Lusail----PRACTICE 1/2/3..▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀ | Page 2 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 OOREDOO QATAR GRAND PRIX 2021 - Lusail----PRACTICE 1/2/3..▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Nov 19, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

GO Bottas lol! :)

2. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    Mazespin chasis change, not driving in FP2.

BOT on top so far.

3. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Looks like we are mainly rallying today :(

DF1 likes this.
  4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Bas and Isobel like this.
  5. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    i wouls like to Perez to put elton on the wall with his engine broken...just to see elton fanboys and Toto cry....and because payback is a *****!

Bas and tifosi12 like this.
  6. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    I would like to see Perez actually do something to help max. Anything

tifosi12 and fil like this.
  7. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Don't be shy speak your mind:D

Tire wear, even the hardest compounds used this weekend, passing and kerb damage are going to be serious issues...

Jeronimo GTO and absostone like this.
  8. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Apparently there are scuff marks on the back of the wings which shouldn’t be there in the normal course of business…

Don’t think the FIA are completely infallible. Remember it took a bunch of college students to catch VW which then became dieselgate.

9. gh0st0

gh0st0 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2018
    Midwest
  10. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
  11. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    The way Hamilton passed one car after another in the small race and then in the real one was just not anything based on reality. That looked like a video game of a pro player against a bunch of AI driven cars.

MB claims the new engine is more powerful. I have a hard time believing that it is THAT much more powerful. Something stinks here and an altered DRS wing would make perfect sense, especially on a track like Sao Paulo.

PS: Just for the record I am a Hamilton fan and realize he is one of the best on this grid and of all times, but the way he sliced through two entire fields is just not something that happens normally (rain situations not withstanding).

jpalmito, 275gtb6c, Picchu88 and 4 others like this.
  12. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    I respect your post.

tifosi12, Picchu88 and Bas like this.
  13. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    They delivered a stack of papers of evidence in Brazil. How do you know that those papers do not contain proof?

ingegnere likes this.
  14. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Wolff comment about the markings on the wing at the presser with Horner: "I think it's within what is allowed."

I read this as saying there’s probably no static test on the trailing edge of the main plane so it probably deflects (beyond what the intent of the rules are) but it doesn’t fail any current test.

Some will say that there is no such thing as the intent or spirit of the rules; only the rules. In the case of Ferrari in 2019, though they couldn’t prove anything, they nevertheless added sensors and what not to try to figure out what was up. Based on this, FIA should at least—of their own initiative—instrument the wing trailing edge and institute a test, or tests, to close that loophole.

15. SS454

SS454 Formula 3

Oct 28, 2021
    Full Name:
    Chris S
    Did anyone else notice that despite Mercedes could be cheating within the rules, Skysport are more focused on Verstappen pushing Lewis off the track?

We get it, it was pretty much a dirty move, probably deserving of a penalty, but no harm no foul, they kept racing, Lewis got the pass and the win. Move on. If they want to tell Toto that he is an embarrassment for even asking for a review after the race is over, then do that once and move on.

16. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Given that the FIA had zero interest in moving the already existing sensor to a different part of Merc's airbox for a more accurate reading to see if they're cooling the intake temperature outside of allowed temperatures, I have very, very low hope of them actually doing anything on their rear wing.

Jeronimo GTO, Picchu88 and absostone like this.
  17. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    +1

Not just Sky. Look at all the headlines on Autosport.

When HAM took out Max at Silverstone, all they talked or wrote about was whether or not HAM even deserved a penalty, how the 5 or however many seconds penalty he was handed was warranted yet nothing about Max being taken to hospital and his car destroyed. The only guy going against the tide was Button—who, probably because he was a teammate knows HAM’s real character—who pointed out how HAM’s move was over ambitious and how he missed the bloody apex in his haste to pull a stupid move.

18. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    British pres focuses on Ham, a British driver. Not a huge surprise is it?

I think we all need to move on. The Merc rear wing topic definitely needs settling.

19. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    Like I said before zero respect for any sporting code from Mercedes

20. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    That's just the way the Mercedes Bends.

fil and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  21. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
  22. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Qatar looks really nice ...NOT. Finishing the season /WDC at these soul less nondescript circuits.Ugh

23. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Post your proof lol. Its RedBull who was caught earlier this year and had to redesign their new wing and FIA had issue new tests. So...have another drink.