Max Verstappen | Page 96 | FerrariChat

Max Verstappen

Discussion in 'F1' started by CRG125, Aug 12, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Naah. Only Romain's body and extremities, cooked in the cockpit. His head would be fine, tucked away in his helmet, rolling away trackside of the guardrail, with the engine and transaxle..... :eek:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

I don't remember Max's at Silverstone. :oops:

2. Simeon

Simeon Rookie

Oct 21, 2020
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Simeon Iliev
    That is definitely the idea behind it. I do like the re-introduction of ground effect aerodynamics through the use of the venturi tunnels starting next year, but I don't like how much more similar the new cars are going to look to each other. For me Formula 1 should be all about giving the teams and engineers the freedom to experiment and introduce new and exciting technologies, including aerodynamic trickery, and constraining the exterior surfaces so excessively and making all the cars look pretty much identical makes is boring for me and I'm sure less exciting for the creative nature of the engineers as well.
    I know they say that there is some room for making it their own and we won't know for sure how similar, or not, all the cars will be until the teams introduce their cars next year (still can't wait to see them!), but it is definitely taking a lot away from the DNA of the sport. We're really missing out on crazy and exciting innovations like there used to be in the past.

Bas and lorenzobandini like this.
  3. Simeon

Simeon Rookie

Oct 21, 2020
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Simeon Iliev
    Allow me to remind you..

That is correct, and very luckily so. Though Romain definitely had some divine intervention (with a halo ;)) helping him to get out of that car and survive - even not considering the fire, the impact itself was intense.

Bas likes this.
  4. 'Been having trouble with my comp.....the video's not coming up. Thanks tho'.
    What year was it?

5. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Concur. I can't imagine either making the kamikaze move to take the other out.

6. Simeon

Simeon Rookie

Oct 21, 2020
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Simeon Iliev
    Flavio_C likes this.
  7. Simeon

Simeon Rookie

Oct 21, 2020
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Simeon Iliev
    What if Perez does a kamikaze move? (if necessary)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

jk.. jk.. ..

absostone likes this.
  8. Gotcha'. I was trying to think of Max in a fire as bmwracer mentoined they'd both be toast...... My mistake.

9. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    It's hard prove that if the 2020 cars remained unchanged for 2021 we would have the exact same championship, since we do not have the same cars or truly accurate data (Merc could likely have been running their engines down turned for the last quarter of the season, for example).

However, given the fact that Merc was still extremely competitive until the very end of the season (hell they won every single race since the halfway point, and only lost bahrain because of a new driver, that was going to win, if it wasn't for several bouts of bad luck), and Abu Dhabi they could've run their engines down turned...

So I think the minor changes F1 did was good enough to give the teams a little bit of work for 2021 and not get an exact copy of 2020.

I agree, I hope there isn't a single dominating team out front that'll be impossible to catch because F1 can't seem to learn from their past mistakes (make development neigh on impossible)...but there's certainly a chance that that will happen, since historically it always has.

10. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Said who?

11. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    I think lorenzobandini meant that Max wouldn't have been able to make the turn WITHOUT going completely off track.

12. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Find some film of Fangio with a wheel off the tarmac !

13. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Overall tone from experts (not sensationalists) in 2020 regarding the 2021 floor changes was that high rake cars should be affected a bit more. Hence the very low rakes Aston Martin team was very bullish on 2021 and targeted 3rd in championship, and perhaps challenge for a win or 2.

Hell even Mercedes made a statement that AM could get be a problem for them!

Hence teams not switching to high rake concepts (if anything, more went a bit lower with their rakes!)

Red Bull had a huge upgrade that re-worked their entire rear end making it super tight (more efficient), but after testing the AM was quite **** so they blamed the F1 regs instead. Red Bulls impressive work was looked down upon and the excuses started from merc (engined) teams that it was all because the FIA threw them a bone.

The reality is, both concepts have merit. 2020 floor or 2021, they still have ups and downsides. It all works together with the whole concept of the car and there is not 1 concept that's clearly better. If that was the case, over the past 8 years, every single team would've gone the low rake Merc route. It's all sensationalist ******** and cheap excuses from the F1 media/PR teams and dense fanboys take it all for absolute fact.

14. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    In 2020, the claim was that teams shall use the same chassis design in 2021 as in 2020 (to save money)
    RB re-engineered their entire car and gets away with it entering the first season of $$$ limits.

Terra likes this.
  15. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    The chassis is the same. tokens could be used to upgrade for example rear suspension. If those where used for that, they couldn't be used for something else.

jpalmito likes this.
  16. surfwolf

surfwolf Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 14, 2012
    Bethany, OR
    Full Name:
    Michael Wolfe
    Max's pitiful attempt at growing a mustache, looks like 14 year old trying to look cool/grown up.
    Everyone on Fchat constantly rides Hamilton for his look and presence (Clothes/Vegetarianism/Pride Stuff),
    but Max gets a free pass? Max looks and acts childish all the time....

17. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    #2392 absostone, Nov 27, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
    You are correct. But lulu is the greasiest filthiest punk in the history of F1. And a entitled cheater. And a disgrace for encouraging wokeism in the sport. And btw. little boy mustache whipped his az good and is a world champion despite what liberty and fia are trying to accomplish these last races.

18. Simeon

Simeon Rookie

Oct 21, 2020
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Simeon Iliev
    Well he can't get a full blown mustache overnight, he'll get there.. haha

19. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Greasiest filthiest punk?

What's so greasy and filthy about him?

F430 F1 Singapore and ricksb like this.
  20. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I had the perfect answer for that...but it could get me banned! :)...so i'll let it to your imagination...

Nortonious likes this.
  21. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Yes and everything

Nortonious likes this.
  22. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

as they say in WCW....this year is pre-determined.

2021 is when the FIA influenced the drama so that Ham wins by a single point and conquered all his "challenges" with Mercedes. He's therefore a hero and 8 x wdc.

Good for Disney box office

classic308 and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  23. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

You mean NetFlix - Drive to arrive/survive and fantasize lol

SimCity3 likes this.
  24. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Disney / Netflix / Liberty - it's all the same
    :D

classic308, jpalmito and 375+ like this.
  25. TopspeedPT

TopspeedPT Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2012
    Portugal
    Max practising his special maneuver for Sunday race.. :p

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.