The official Daytona SP3 Thread! | Page 20 | FerrariChat

The official Daytona SP3 Thread!

Discussion in 'Icona Series (SP1, SP2, & SP3)' started by Jonathan19, Nov 20, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Unfortunately for me Ferrari made a mistake launching this car with the 330p4 because that car just shows up how overly fussy this design is to my eyes. There are also to me far too many styling elements from other past models which in isolation work well but together really do not work.

hagen111, ShineKen, BJK and 4 others like this.
  2. elmadi

elmadi Formula 3

Apr 25, 2009
    I agree :-(

3. Natan Tazelaar

Natan Tazelaar Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2006
    Netherlands; Texas USA
    Full Name:
    Natan Tazelaar
    Same here. And a lot more than that actually.

Natan

elmadi likes this.
  4. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I'm european myself so very much aware the speeds we can get up to there.

But hey, you don't want to drive with the roof off? Keep it on. The whole buffeting issue solved.

elmadi and jpalmito like this.
  5. Sir_Ferrari

Sir_Ferrari F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian B.
    After my first critics about some elements of the new Daytona SP3 I must admit that this car looks very sexy in this video.

tomc, Caeruleus11, elmadi and 4 others like this.
  6. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Agree, the interior is stunning, and I love the engine cover thing...Had a little play on the configurator. I don't like the standard wheels. Bit of photoshopping later.... Yes please!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    I love that Ferrari has put it up on the configurator, so that even us mortals can dream!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tomc, CottonCandy, Jonathan19 and 5 others like this.
  8. supermafy

supermafy Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2013
    Rome (it)
    I agree: it seems heavier than LaFe (according with Qr, 1,580 Kgs kerb, tested @ Fiorano), despite no kers and no active-aero

Senad and Bas like this.
  9. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    It's interesting how Ferrari's public configurator went from being pretty damn decent for the time (430/599) to increasingly worse and worse (colour was just horrendously inaccurate, very few options shown to suddenly launching their current one, by far away the best one out there!

elmadi and 9nb like this.
  10. CavallinoRosso

Oct 22, 2019
    Full Name:
    MS
    Grande Fiume, Bas, multivac and 10 others like this.
  11. Sir_Ferrari

Sir_Ferrari F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian B.
    Yes I agree 1000%!

12. Sir_Ferrari

Sir_Ferrari F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian B.
    That's true. But for me when a new Ferrari model comes out there are designs I like from the first sight (California, F12, FF, GTC4, Monza, Roma, 296 GTB), after some time (458, 488, Portofino, SF90, LaF) but also cars I will never like 100% (F8, 812). But I think it's all about personal taste.

elmadi likes this.
  13. CavallinoRosso

Oct 22, 2019
    Full Name:
    MS
  14. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Yes, also because there really is not much influence on the Daytona from the P4 except the source of the name. Much more influence from P5 and 512 S.

15. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Body colored roof available ?

of2worlds likes this.
  16. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    If it’s the same basic engine/clutch assembly/gearbox I would imagine engine the installation height will be very similar.

REALZEUS and jpalmito like this.
  17. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    I asked because seeing the car the engine seems to be quite a bit lower. Didn’t get an answer other than to say “positioning of the engine has been optimised”

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

18. Maggio23

Maggio23 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2013
    Link please?

Bas likes this.
  19. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    When you look at the car from the front from above it is clear they attempted to try adopt the cabin forward looks of the P4 but the huge long space behind the cabin makes the proportions look odd. Why does this car appear considerably more bulky than a La Ferrari. In some respects the proportions looks more MC12.

Though it has to be said it does look better in darker colors.

20. SAT4RE

SAT4RE Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Blairsville, GA
    For me, my initial reaction to the photos was being turned-off by the strange air ducts through the doors, and that tight waste corresponding with what looked like an excessive amount of carbon fiber to fill in the missing space. Truly, though, without any attempt to convince myself to like it, I've grown to really like its shape over the past couple of days. And those elements I found controversial and distasteful are now intriguing to look at and quite likeable. I imagine the finalized design had the same initial cause-for-pause to everyone on the internal team, but quickly became one easy to love once the eyes became adjusted to seeing something new. Not convinced...adjusted. Sometimes our thoughts on what ought to be are disrupted by the newness of something great and unexpected. Finally, and again, the videos of it driving around the track - allowing us to see its "real life" shape - show me a car that is quite striking in the best of ways.

Caeruleus11, elmadi and jpalmito like this.
  21. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Well the outside can be seen as interesting but the inside I feel like every car is a copy paste, I’d like to see more flavor specially at that price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. atomicskiracer

atomicskiracer Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Ryan
  23. TAM340R

TAM340R Karting

Jul 26, 2015

unfortunately Mr Massini is 99% right....on top in some countries above a certain speed they are confiscating the car, they put it up for public sale and the selling price equals the fine !!!!
    ;-(((

elmadi likes this.
  24. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    100mph is very common on the motorway here in the UK and is largely ignored by the police. anything 100+ catches their eye if they are in the mood.

hagen111, elmadi and REALZEUS like this.
  25. marioz

marioz Formula 3

Nov 21, 2003
    Cedar Mills,Ontario
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Not to offend anyone but I think all you critics are spun. But that is only my opinion.

355TDI likes this.