365 GTC suspension upgrade | FerrariChat

365 GTC suspension upgrade

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Bobj, Nov 22, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bobj

Bobj Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2013
    UK
    Apologies if this is sacrilege (just an enquiry at this stage) but does anyone have any experience of stiffening the suspension on a 365 GTC?

I really enjoy driving the car and it handles well but sometimes I feel the engine and braking is a bit more sporty than the suspension, there is slightly more body roll that I would ideally like with spirited driving. I dont want to ruin the comfort or how easy the car is to drive but was wondering if anyone had tried slightly stiffer springs/ progressive springs and or uprated dampers? I'm not interested in anything that couldn't be easily put back to standard.

2. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    The obvious first question is what condition and how worn are the suspension components on the car?

TTR likes this.
  3. DWR46

DWR46 Formula 3
    Honorary

Jun 19, 2012
    Steve is correct. I suspect your Koni Shock Absorbers are ready for a rebuild. They are adjustable, so you can set them as stiff as you desire.

TTR likes this.
  4. Bobj

Bobj Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2013
    UK
    Great answers. Many thanks. I did get it all checked over by DK Eng last year when I bought the car and that was not one of the things they noted. The shocks look clean are not leaking. Body roll is also very consistent (left and right) with spirited cornering. But I didn't realise they were adjustable so next time it goes back in I will ask them to stiffen them up. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

SCantera and readplays like this.
  5. llink

llink Karting

Nov 18, 2013
    Northern California
    I look forward to hearing the update.

Is the color of your car Grigio Ortello?