The official Daytona SP3 Thread! | Page 21 | FerrariChat

The official Daytona SP3 Thread!

Discussion in 'Icona Series (SP1, SP2, & SP3)' started by Jonathan19, Nov 20, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Am I understanding this correctly, 800+ HP with a naturally aspirated 6.5L engine? It seems so retro for them but I love it!

furmano and elmadi like this.
  2. Booker

Booker Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    After taking some time to decide how I like the SP3, I think overall it is bold success, and my only critiques are the rear haunches being too large and the mirrors that ruin the line over the front wheel arch. I think the rear does a great job of capturing the P3/4 design but it is almost a caricature of the original, with the scale being too large in my opinion. The mirrors are just awfully placed and the dramatic curvature of the side presented a perfect opportunity to include new camera/digital mirrors as we have seen in other cars. Even avoiding that technical mess, attaching mirrors closer to the windshield would have been better. I will reserve final judgement until I see the thing in person, but as I said at the beginning, I think overall this is a wonderful and bold design, and I'm glad Ferrari made it!

3. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    the critics aren't just here, there's plenty of people on other forums which aren't related to ferrari where people aren't fond of the styling.

babgh, Senad and elmadi like this.
  4. CavallinoRosso

Oct 22, 2019
    Full Name:
    MS
    This is not a car to drive, Daytona SP3 is a car for collectors or for billionaires that buy it for a future profit. We are addicted to supercars and we are commenting on it, but 90% of buyers don't care about style or performances. My OPINION!

Il Cavalieri, khal360 and elmadi like this.
  5. elmadi

elmadi Formula 3

Apr 25, 2009
    of2worlds likes this.
  6. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
  7. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
  8. SmokyDave

SmokyDave Karting

Jul 13, 2015
    England
    Having spent a while looking at her, I'm still unsure. I love the 512S, but I'm not sold on the way they've incorporated some of the features. I adore the P4, but see very little of that in this car, save for the rear cover. I'm not opposed to the P5 strakes, but I'm not sure they add any stylistic 'wow' to the vehicle.

I want to love it, but I'm just not quite there yet. That wasp waist and parallelogram-ish doors just don't sit quite right with me. Still, I outright didn't like the Enzo at first and thought the La Ferrari was too fussy on reveal, and now I love them both. This'll be the same. I'd still sell half of my kid just to touch one.

I'm also perplexed by the Daytona moniker and having the old P Cars present. They just draw attention to the fact that this is definitely not a modern P4.

9. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
  10. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
  11. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Cut and paste? When have you been able to get a La Ferrari Aperta with updated engine and no hybrid ?

of2worlds likes this.
  12. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    looks so much better in black imo, almost like a completely different car

Bas, Vermilion.Automobili and Data like this.
  13. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Not very good at reading are you?
    I am talking about the interior look and feel. What are you talking about, certainly not what I’m talking about.
    Since when is the engine the interior?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. adm2000

adm2000 Rookie

Mar 22, 2014
    JagShergill, Maggio23 and willcrook like this.
  15. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Don’t get insulting. Your original post said “aside from the outside” which made it sound like you were happy with the exterior styling and not happy with the internal mechanicals. Perhaps you aren’t as articulate as you think.

16. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    That is a little ill-informed my friend. I drive every single car I own and the people I met at the private preview are 80% drivers who put thousands of miles on their cars. There are always buyers who collect these cars and never drive them but most of them don’t do it for profit because they simply don’t need it. They just love having them
    You will find a lot more “investors” in the next level down, i.e. limited edition models of regular production models

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

JagShergill, Senad, spyderman and 5 others like this.
  17. Natkingcolebasket69

Not insulting you, you misunderstood that’s it;)

18. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    You wrote poorly. That’s it.

19. Natkingcolebasket69

Okay big baby

crinoid likes this.
  20. TAM340R

TAM340R Karting

Jul 26, 2015
  21. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    After a few days, and every view imaginable ... the artistic failure remains. Too many details, from too many historic cars, haphazardly thrown together in a large discordant mess.

Proportions are bad, acres of visually-blank spaces where they don't belong, sharp details randomly mixed with curves that "almost" flow (but fail), that visually-painful wasp-waist ... this chaotic atrocity is getting worse with the passage of time, not better.

22. hagen111

hagen111 Karting

Feb 25, 2006
    Imagine there would not be a Ferrari badge and shield on it…it would look like a Chinese supercar fantasy…again I just realized I am not a fan of everything designed by Manzoni…#understatement

However scarcety and bragging rights make people extremely greedy for stuff like this.

willcrook, sailfly, BJK and 3 others like this.
  23. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    Worth repeating imho ...

This car evokes feelings of, and comparisons to, Picasso ... rather than Botticelli

Senad and hagen111 like this.